Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Trish
Regular
Regular

Post by Trish » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:36 pm

Plavt wrote:
Trish wrote:
Plavt wrote:Best Wishes to you Ashie at least you are not 'trying to put the cart before the horse' as we say in English. (You may have seen the second post by oNe which for some reason has been removed.)

Plavt.
Hey sorry, can I ask what are the contents of the second post by one? I think I had missed it.

The second post by oNe was at some length and I cannot remember everything so here is the gist of it;

Firstly it was mentioned that more people than anticipated attended the elected venue. Further to this the poster was not impressed by those who seemed incapable of simply finding their way to the hotel. In addition it was noticed that some having failed on one day turned up the next. The situation was not helped by people without the required qualifications attending.

Plavt.
Hi thank you very much for bothering to describe the post. Appreciated! Well, but why did the person have to remove it? Strange. 8-)

SK 22

Post by SK 22 » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 7:51 am

angela wrote:
SK 22 wrote: As for the tea party, 2 ladies spoken the most, however, they are eliminated. :???: I presume that the way you conduct yourself and the way you speak and your looks are being judged.
:? I tot only the quiet ones will be eliminated...well how bout those who didnt speak a thing? But present themselves well and elegant enough?
That was what I thought initially.. The gal beside me, currently air stewardess with other airline, didn't speak at all, or at most 1-2 sentences, however, she is presentable and sweet looking. She got in..

She was also puzzled and asked the lady who do the admin work how come she got recruited. The lady replied her she is also unsure. Many underlying factors...

I did heard from my colleague that they are looking for girls with "X" factor. :lol:

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 8:48 am

Plavt wrote:
Trish wrote:
Plavt wrote:Best Wishes to you Ashie at least you are not 'trying to put the cart before the horse' as we say in English. (You may have seen the second post by oNe which for some reason has been removed.)

Plavt.
Hey sorry, can I ask what are the contents of the second post by one? I think I had missed it.

The second post by oNe was at some length and I cannot remember everything so here is the gist of it;

Firstly it was mentioned that more people than anticipated attended the elected venue. Further to this the poster was not impressed by those who seemed incapable of simply finding their way to the hotel. In addition it was noticed that some having failed on one day turned up the next. The situation was not helped by people without the required qualifications attending.

Plavt.
Im really confused..well..im not trying to doubt oNe's identity but it is really strange that he/she remove the post. SIA do not discourage applicants to re-apply. In fact, they do take notice of familiar faces and the normal practice they adopt is to assess how much the applicant has improved over time and if he/she's performance is satisfactory, they would accept the applicant.

Having done walk-ins for over 20++ years, Im sure they are aware of applicants applying on Sun, following their failed attempts on the previous day. If they really want to eliminate those who failed, they would have asked all the applicants to go home and wait for confirmation emails (or via post) instead.

In addition, Airlines will never, ever give feedback to applicants. The fact that oNe did that.. about people not being able to find their way to the venue.. really makes me wonder..Probably thats why he/she deleted the post.

I am not sure why SIA did a walk-in.. but Im most certain it has something to do with the current quality and calibre of their crews. I, for one, support walk-ins..I do think its fair and just.. because its the applicant that does the talking now.. not their makeover pics. No doubt it is messy.. but Im sure, being a #1 Airline, they would straighten everything out in no time.

The above is just my 2 cents worth.. :)

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 9:46 am

tinkerbelle wrote:
Plavt wrote:
Trish wrote: Hey sorry, can I ask what are the contents of the second post by one? I think I had missed it.

Plavt.
Im really confused..well..im not trying to doubt oNe's identity but it is really strange that he/she remove the post. SIA do not discourage applicants to re-apply. In fact, they do take notice of familiar faces and the normal practice they adopt is to assess how much the applicant has improved over time and if he/she's performance is satisfactory, they would accept the applicant.

Having done walk-ins for over 20++ years, Im sure they are aware of applicants applying on Sun, following their failed attempts on the previous day. If they really want to eliminate those who failed, they would have asked all the applicants to go home and wait for confirmation emails (or via post) instead.

In addition, Airlines will never, ever give feedback to applicants. The fact that oNe did that.. about people not being able to find their way to the venue.. really makes me wonder..Probably thats why he/she deleted the post.

I am not sure why SIA did a walk-in.. but Im most certain it has something to do with the current quality and calibre of their crews. I, for one, support walk-ins..I do think its fair and just.. because its the applicant that does the talking now.. not their makeover pics. No doubt it is messy.. but Im sure, being a #1 Airline, they would straighten everything out in no time.

U got ya point there.. Well said Tinker!! =D>

QuietStorm

Post by QuietStorm » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 10:54 am

was wondering whether do guys need to go for the tea party? sounds like ladies applying for e job has to undergo stricter 'inspections'... correct me if i'm wrong... :)

I went for e walk-ins on sat n sun but din make it... most probably is my spoken english... not fluent enough... from e interview i found dat, not really u hav to smile all e time. pay attention to wat other interviewees r sayin. cos i realise some spoken fluent english, but their expressions are ice cold. No smile. Yet they were selected.

Haiz... :(
Humans make mistakes, but they make silly mistakes...

SummerSnow

Will round 2 be held next week?

Post by SummerSnow » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 11:53 am

Hi All!

I got thru the first round last Sunday at about noon time. However, I have not received any email from SIA yet... Is there anyone in the same situation as me; have not been contacted to come for 2nd interview? Maybe there will be another 2nd round the coming week due to the large intake of applicants this year...
Dunno leh...

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 11:54 am

Probably you would wanna call the cabin crew dept to enquire.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

voxvox

Post by voxvox » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:20 pm

tinkerbelle wrote:
Plavt wrote:
Trish wrote: Hey sorry, can I ask what are the contents of the second post by one? I think I had missed it.

Plavt.

Hi Tinkerbelle,

I have the same thoughts too. :D

oNe

Post by oNe » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:40 pm

I wonder why the post got deleted as well. I believe the removing of posts can only be done by the moderators but I may be wrong.

As far as trying to give feedback is concerned:

If you care to go through the pages of this thread, you will find it amazing how simple information seemed to be difficult for certain people to digest.
As someone who was in the same inquisitive position years ago, I contributed facts that are best to my knowledge and most importantly, experience.
You are right, we do not turn away repeated walk-ins even if they failed on their first try. I just wanted to clarify that by doing so, the process will be a little disruptive for those who have yet to attend.

If we did have a policy whereby failed applicants would be denied a second opportunity it will be made known to them.

In the end, it is always the ones with foresight who will succeed.

The ones who asks the right questions not about directions in a hotel.

You are right Airlines usually would not provide feedback on certain matters but I am not an Airline. I am Human.

Do take the last two statements in jest, I wouldn't want to raise further doubts.

oNe

Post by oNe » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:48 pm

I have to apologise to you Tinkerbelle for not replying to your query in my private message box. However it seems you're quite in the know about Airline policies so I guess you would have the answer.

SummerSnow

2nd batch of 2nd interviews Perhaps?

Post by SummerSnow » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 1:44 pm

Hmm...thanks singaporegrrl..
I tried to call them up but it aseems the line is always engaged. sian..
Anyway..It seems like almost everyone here in this forum has gone for the 2nd & 3rd interview, except maybe me and a few others who are still waiting...

Just some food for thought:
Both 25&26 Feb interviews last 6 hours. Every 30 minutes would produce about 5 candidates. Thus, doing the math: for both days,
Number of successful 1st-interview-candidates = 2days X 6hours x2halfhours X 5 candidates = 120 successful candidates..

Having said that, I don't believe all 120 candidates can have their 2nd interviews in 1 week...

Now is already Friday,3rd March, SIA pple have not contacted me about 2nd interview date...hmm....so..I think it makes perfect logical and logistical sense I suppose...

so....yah loh...think the SIA pple haev not forgotten me and the others yet...

What u guys think?

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Re: 2nd batch of 2nd interviews Perhaps?

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 1:57 pm

SummerSnow wrote:Hmm...thanks singaporegrrl..
Anyway..It seems like almost everyone here in this forum has gone for the 2nd & 3rd interview, except maybe me and a few others who are still waiting...

Both 25&26 Feb interviews last 6 hours. Every 30 minutes would produce about 5 candidates. Thus, doing the math: for both days,
Number of successful 1st-interview-candidates = 2days X 6hours x2halfhours X 5 candidates = 120 successful candidates..

Having said that, I don't believe all 120 candidates can have their 2nd interviews in 1 week...

Now is already Friday,3rd March, SIA pple have not contacted me about 2nd interview date...hmm....so..I think it makes perfect logical and logistical sense I suppose...

What u guys think?
It's ok. Perhaps you'd wanna try a few more times. Don't call during lunch hours (1200-1400). Hope you'd get a positive outcome when you get through.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Re: 2nd batch of 2nd interviews Perhaps?

Post by zoergal » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 2:29 pm

SummerSnow wrote:Hmm...thanks singaporegrrl..

What u guys think?
Hi summersnow ,

Dun worry, guess the invitation will come eventually. As for your calculation , i got more to add on.. i attended the interview on Sunday afternoon which is about 12pm and my whole interview ended at abt 3pm+ :???: .As you can see my group number is 131 and each grp consists of 10 ppls and the average that are able to proceed to Stage 2 are abt 4persons. Hence can u imagine 2000+ of ppls went for the interview :o (cos there still more groups behind my group no.) and about 400+ will proceed to Stage 2...WOW ..omg that was alot!!!
:o

I still remember when i was asked to leave the contact no. and email address for the Stage 2 interview, the forms were already 50+pages thick.. :lol:

So i advise to all gers who are still waiting , be patience and the time will come ....muz jia you oh

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 2:52 pm

oNe wrote:I have to apologise to you Tinkerbelle for not replying to your query in my private message box. However it seems you're quite in the know about Airline policies so I guess you would have the answer.
Yea, silly of me to pm you. I have directed the question to the relevant department and it has been answered (should have done so right from the start). :) The company has once again, proven to me why it is able to stay in the lead for so many years. All the employees deserve an award for their patience and warmth!!

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 2:57 pm

oNe wrote:I have to apologise to you Tinkerbelle for not replying to your query in my private message box. However it seems you're quite in the know about Airline policies so I guess you would have the answer.
Nah, not ALL of them deserve the award i guess..