Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Sun, 26 Feb 2006 2:35 am

nafnaf wrote:is round 2 the kebaya fitting or the 1-1 interview? :)
Round 2 was 1 to 1 interview..

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Sun, 26 Feb 2006 3:00 am

thanks alot for the advice Plavt.
About being premature, I do agree with you but only to a certain extend... :D

i guess i'm only trying to stop-think-plan-ahead... haha
hey guys, still... i really appreciate an answer if you do have it!

cheers

voxvox

Post by voxvox » Sun, 26 Feb 2006 1:15 pm

ducatiwins24 wrote:
Cheesie wrote:Yep hi.. i got in! Its soOoo many people, so we only need to gone through round 1 which was self-intro.... :) and the round 2 was on tuesday!! :D
Hi I also got in. Got another round of interview on thursday next week. which i hope that it would be easy. Any guys down here would like to share how the second round of interview going to be like? Your valuable information will be greatly appreciated. Last but not least, congrat to those who have got in.
Hi Ducatiwins24,

From my previous experience, the round 2 will be a one to one interview. Basically, u are asked to go into a room. The interviewer will ask you to self intro, and also ask some questions (about yourself, your family background etc). And you will also be asked to read from a passage. This is to assess your fluency in English.

After everything, you will be given a piece of paper from the interviewer and asked to go to another room (that means you pass the stage). You will then pass this piece of paper to someone in the room and they will tell you the details on the next interview date.

Hope the information is useful. And should anyone find any discrepancy in the information above, please feel free to add in any missing points. Thank you and good luck to all of you. :)

ducatiwins24

Post by ducatiwins24 » Sun, 26 Feb 2006 2:24 pm

voxvox wrote:
ducatiwins24 wrote:
Cheesie wrote:Yep hi.. i got in! Its soOoo many people, so we only need to gone through round 1 which was self-intro.... :) and the round 2 was on tuesday!! :D
Hi I also got in. Got another round of interview on thursday next week. which i hope that it would be easy. Any guys down here would like to share how the second round of interview going to be like? Your valuable information will be greatly appreciated. Last but not least, congrat to those who have got in.
Hi Ducatiwins24,

From my previous experience, the round 2 will be a one to one interview. Basically, u are asked to go into a room. The interviewer will ask you to self intro, and also ask some questions (about yourself, your family background etc). And you will also be asked to read from a passage. This is to assess your fluency in English.

After everything, you will be given a piece of paper from the interviewer and asked to go to another room (that means you pass the stage). You will then pass this piece of paper to someone in the room and they will tell you the details on the next interview date.

Hope the information is useful. And should anyone find any discrepancy in the information above, please feel free to add in any missing points. Thank you and good luck to all of you. :)
Good day voxvox,

Thank you for your information. Seem like there is still a long way to go. Is the recruitment procedure same for gals and guys? Wat will be the guys doing when the ladies proceed to their kebaya fitting and wat are the check that they are going to conduct for the guys? If you have any information could you share it with us? Thank you!

insight

26th feb interview

Post by insight » Sun, 26 Feb 2006 6:20 pm

Cheesie wrote:
insight wrote:Hi Cheesie,

First of all, Congra to you for gg to the nx rd!! may i know if they had given a topic for you guys to present after ur self-intro? Coz i was abit surprised that u guys were only asked to do give a self-intro and thats the end of the interview.... :o Thanks...

Cheers,
Insight :D
Yep hi everyone, "Something to share!!"

yA, i reach there in the morning @ 9 am sharp! and its already a long long long queue! and i have waited for 1 hour plus to measure my height and 12 pm sharp i went in for the interview, which was 1 interviewer with 10 interviewee(i one of em) and total time i have waited for 3 hours...

Round 1: "HE" just tell us that there alot of canditates, so we just need to self-intro, telling about yourself and works! I had a very very short paragraph like my name, age, my hobbies(1 only which was sun tanning) and my job... tts all...

So i think those who are going! 8 am reach also can!!!!! (REALLY!) and just be yourself and must pay attention to others canditates are self-introducing(Because interviewer might be looking at you!) and when its your turn just say a short paragraph well do... all right?

Good luck girls.... so hope to see you on next week round 2 interview.. muck! :D

Hee.... thanx for being so kind to share with us the process of your interview. :D :D
I've been to today's interview too... hee... I was being selected!! So happy! my gp was no. 114 so there were about 1000+ candidates over there.... Same as yours, i was told to do a self-intro and thats it! Then we waited for the result outside the room. 5/10 gals were being selected fr my gp.... amazing ya? and i tink they are really friendly & supportive. Some of us even exchanged our contact no. I'm still waiting for my next round of interview, guess is on this coming tues too.... The person-in-charge didnt tell us when is our nx interview but juz ask us to write dw our name, contact and email add.... so i think they will contact us thr email. The entire interview lasted about 5 hrs. So i advise those who gg for the nx interview fill ur stomach first.
All the best to u, Chessie and the rest who are gg to the nx rnd!!

Happy Insight :wink:

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Re: 26th feb interview

Post by Cheesie » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:08 am

insight wrote:
Cheesie wrote:
insight wrote:Hi Cheesie,

First of all, Congra to you for gg to the nx rd!! may i know if they had given a topic for you guys to present after ur self-intro? Coz i was abit surprised that u guys were only asked to do give a self-intro and thats the end of the interview.... :o Thanks...

Cheers,
Insight :D
Yep hi everyone, "Something to share!!"

yA, i reach there in the morning @ 9 am sharp! and its already a long long long queue! and i have waited for 1 hour plus to measure my height and 12 pm sharp i went in for the interview, which was 1 interviewer with 10 interviewee(i one of em) and total time i have waited for 3 hours...

Round 1: "HE" just tell us that there alot of canditates, so we just need to self-intro, telling about yourself and works! I had a very very short paragraph like my name, age, my hobbies(1 only which was sun tanning) and my job... tts all...

So i think those who are going! 8 am reach also can!!!!! (REALLY!) and just be yourself and must pay attention to others canditates are self-introducing(Because interviewer might be looking at you!) and when its your turn just say a short paragraph well do... all right?

Good luck girls.... so hope to see you on next week round 2 interview.. muck! :D

Hee.... thanx for being so kind to share with us the process of your interview. :D :D
I've been to today's interview too... hee... I was being selected!! So happy! my gp was no. 114 so there were about 1000+ candidates over there.... Same as yours, i was told to do a self-intro and thats it! Then we waited for the result outside the room. 5/10 gals were being selected fr my gp.... amazing ya? and i tink they are really friendly & supportive. Some of us even exchanged our contact no. I'm still waiting for my next round of interview, guess is on this coming tues too.... The person-in-charge didnt tell us when is our nx interview but juz ask us to write dw our name, contact and email add.... so i think they will contact us thr email. The entire interview lasted about 5 hrs. So i advise those who gg for the nx interview fill ur stomach first.
All the best to u, Chessie and the rest who are gg to the nx rnd!!

Happy Insight :wink:
Yep happy for you too... My fren went again today cos she wasn't being selected yesterday(sat) but today(sun) she got in! and also are waiting for 'em to email to tell when the next interview... As for mine on yesterday was a letter issue by them with signature all these and my time slot is on tuesday 9.45am.. But no worries, hope everything smoothly for everyone! :D

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:49 am

hey although i'm still a student who just completed secondary school, u guys have impressed me and i too wanna be a flight attendant..

By the way, Qatar Airways is looking for male and female cabin crew: minimum O level.. hurry go to the website and apply...

can anyone who went to the interview tell me if those selected are goodlooking??? are the interviewers really care abt the looks??

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 1:11 am

oh ya!! forgot!!

do SIA accept students from private school who take private diploma???

or they only want Polytechnic diploma??

If so, what kind of diploma does SIA PREFER???

i noe my questions are stupid to some of u.. but please reply... i really need to noe.. i'm curious...

SOrry.. and thanks..

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 7:58 am

donno wrote:oh ya!! forgot!!

i noe my questions are stupid to some of u.. but please reply... i really need to noe.. i'm curious...

SOrry.. and thanks..
Yep, no worries.. they dun state on the requirment becos were to advoid too many people from coming, you know.. so just go for the interviews... :D

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 8:29 am

Cheesie wrote:
Yep, no worries.. they dun state on the requirment becos were to advoid too many people from coming, you know.. so just go for the interviews... :D
You think?

Plavt.

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 8:53 am

donno wrote:hey although i'm still a student who just completed secondary school, u guys have impressed me and i too wanna be a flight attendant..

By the way, Qatar Airways is looking for male and female cabin crew: minimum O level.. hurry go to the website and apply...

can anyone who went to the interview tell me if those selected are goodlooking??? are the interviewers really care abt the looks??
Im not sure if the people they select are good looking. But Im sure looks and the ability to talk with confidence will be a plus point. :)

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:28 am

wah!! going to SIA flight attendant interview is like Singapore Idol Audition...

maybe one day, gurmit singh and daniel ong will be at the interview location and will be broadcast to the national television, channel 5..

hahah.. just kidding..

voxvox

Post by voxvox » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:50 am

ducatiwins24 wrote:
voxvox wrote:
ducatiwins24 wrote: Hi I also got in. Got another round of interview on thursday next week. which i hope that it would be easy. Any guys down here would like to share how the second round of interview going to be like? Your valuable information will be greatly appreciated. Last but not least, congrat to those who have got in.
Hi Ducatiwins24,

Good day voxvox,

Thank you for your information. Seem like there is still a long way to go. Is the recruitment procedure same for gals and guys? Wat will be the guys doing when the ladies proceed to their kebaya fitting and wat are the check that they are going to conduct for the guys? If you have any information could you share it with us? Thank you!

Hi Ducatiwins24,

The recruitment process for the ladies and men will be slightly different in the sense that the guys need not go through the fitting stage. During my interview time in Jan 06, the ladies were asked to go for the fitting stage in the morning and those who make it through will stay till the afternoon for the swim test. The men were asked to come for the swim test in the afternoon. However, the ladies will have the swim test 1st. And once everyone has done their jump, the men will then go for their jump. So its 2 individual session.

And i m not sure what checks they will conduct for the men. I guess it will be almost the same as the ladies. The ladies are asked to walk from one end towards the interviewers. And the interviewers will have a close look at your face and skin. The candidates will also be asked to turn around so that the interviewers can look at their back.

Hope the information above clears your doubts. :D

voxvox

Post by voxvox » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:56 am

Cheesie wrote:
donno wrote:oh ya!! forgot!!

SOrry.. and thanks..
Hi,

I am not sure if i am too late to reply on this. From my understanding, the basic requirements they posted previously in the newspaper and website, include a diploma from local polytechnic. This means that private diploma certs are not included. As for their preference for types of dipolma, i guess it doesn't really matter. As long as it is a diploma from local polytechnic in Singapore.

Hope this is useful. :D

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:03 pm

hey VOXVOX,

when the interviewer look at the face and skin, do you mean they look very very near like 20cm away??? at every angle???

how long did it take for the interviewer to look at ur face and skin?? 10 minutes??