Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
carsiao

hi

Post by carsiao » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 6:20 pm

dun mind share with us, what did you said in the interview?

carsiao

hi

Post by carsiao » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 6:23 pm

If i am not wrong, they choose the prettier ones out. am i correct to said that?

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: hi

Post by Plavt » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 7:05 pm

carsiao wrote:If i am not wrong, they choose the prettier ones out. am i correct to said that?
No.

Plavt.

Belle07

Hi..

Post by Belle07 » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 7:13 pm

Hi everyone....

Congrats to those who made it to the next round. I didnt make it through despite giving a good presentation and was appraised 'very good' for it. Worse of all...the interviewer was giving me false hope when most of the time he was smilling broadly and making eye contact at me compared to the others. That really pissed me off..I wont feel so very down had it not been for the false hope given..Nway..on the whole, i think i did very well today...But just dun understand what they r looking for..And y was i not selected. Could it be the age factor? Coz im 26...

As for the prettier ones being kicked out, im not really sure bout that. Coz there r some pretty girls who managed to proceed and thats not excluding the not so pretty too...Really wonders what they look for coz there was a lady who managed to proceed despite her not being in the acceptable body size (slightly more than plump)...Mayb luck????

Nway...i dont really prefer this walk-in system. It created a chaos and it was very messy. But this creates a fair opportunity for those who meet the requirement as one wont have to be shortlisted for the interview..But i really hoped that SIA could really come up with a more systematic way for future walk-in recruitment exercise. Best example...Emirates walk-in recruitment..

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 7:20 pm

Plavt wrote:
sapphire wrote:Plavt, I finally decided to pipe in and say that you deserve an award for patience!
Thank you Sapphire, I wish these guys would realize I am not the 'meanie' they think. Being twice as old as most of them I realize just how dumb I could be when I was younger, we have all done something stupid at some point in our lives.

For prospective flight attendants: STOP-THINK-PLAN AHEAD

Plavt.

Twice?

'nuff said Image

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 7:44 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
Twice?
Of course, silly me, I forgot the average age here is well................

Plavt.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 8:17 pm

Plavt wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:
Twice?
Of course, silly me, I forgot the average age here is well................

Plavt.

I guess it depends on if we are talking about mental or biological age . . .

'nuff said Image

sass&bide

Post by sass&bide » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 8:19 pm

Did you guys waited long for your turn?
Saw anyone being turned away at the door?

I'm such a procrastinator.. :lol:
I walk this empty street
On the boulevard of broken dreams
When the city sleeps and I’m the only one
And I walk alone..

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:23 pm

I rest my case

'nuff said Image

insight

topic to talk about??

Post by insight » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:47 pm

Hi Cheesie,

First of all, Congra to you for gg to the nx rd!! may i know if they had given a topic for you guys to present after ur self-intro? Coz i was abit surprised that u guys were only asked to do give a self-intro and thats the end of the interview.... :o Thanks...

Cheers,
Insight :D

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Re: topic to talk about??

Post by Cheesie » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:45 pm

insight wrote:Hi Cheesie,

First of all, Congra to you for gg to the nx rd!! may i know if they had given a topic for you guys to present after ur self-intro? Coz i was abit surprised that u guys were only asked to do give a self-intro and thats the end of the interview.... :o Thanks...

Cheers,
Insight :D
Yep hi everyone, "Something to share!!"

yA, i reach there in the morning @ 9 am sharp! and its already a long long long queue! and i have waited for 1 hour plus to measure my height and 12 pm sharp i went in for the interview, which was 1 interviewer with 10 interviewee(i one of em) and total time i have waited for 3 hours...

Round 1: "HE" just tell us that there alot of canditates, so we just need to self-intro, telling about yourself and works! I had a very very short paragraph like my name, age, my hobbies(1 only which was sun tanning) and my job... tts all...

Good luck girls.... muck! :D
Last edited by Cheesie on Fri, 27 Apr 2007 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:48 pm

Cheesie wrote:Yep hi.. i got in! Its soOoo many people, so we only need to gone through round 1 which was self-intro.... :) and the round 2 was on tuesday!! :D
]

Hello all!!

I'm back!! I wana share wif u guys what I went tru tis morn intv. It was disastorous, chaotic and messy which created a lot of unhappy applicants who may have rushed from work or even took leave for this interview.

I actually reached the hotel at 10.15am to be exact & to my surprised I was told to come back after 12pm reason was there were too many ppl and they wanted to clear this big group. Thus I made my way back to the hotel around 11.45am and realized that the queue wasnt getting any shorter. In fact, those coming in after 12pm were told to come back the next day. This resulted in many unhappy faces. I was lucky enuf to squeeze thru my way and get my height done within the next 45mins. Then we were instructed to go up to level 35 to be sitted in the waiting room, when we were there a staff from the hotel actaully tried to stop anymore ppl frm entering. It was really bad...ppl were pushing n squeezing thru & trying to talk things out with that staff. Of course...who wdnt get mad after the long wait n even after being directed to go up, we were instructed to go home!! I was pretty angry at that moment...he was saying like " You see, you cant even see the ppl inside..you will never get to the intv...there's many ppl in here..pls come back tmw." Even if we come back tmrw, what's the guarantee that this thing doesnt repeat and I might missed it totally. Finally, a lady from SIA tried to calm the situation and cleared the mess. Frankly speaking, I noticed that even they themselves r confused on who's next...who's in the line....

Sigh~Everything was very messy..they were giving explanations like they didnt expect the crowd to be this big cause the last time they had was like a few hundred but this time round approx...a thousand?

Having said that, I was glad that the situation was brought to control at the soonest alto the wait was killing me. We waited..n waited frm 1pm to 3.30pm before 20 of us were brought to level 4 back for the grp intv. I finally went into the intv room around 4pm in grp of 10 and only 4 of us got tru the next round. THe interviewee seems exhausted having to face thousand of applicants that's why I suspected he made it clear to us to just do a really brief intro abt urself, not more than that. I managed to go tru round 2, this thurs at 3.15pm. The wait really paid off for me.They had to split the first 2 rounds into 2 separate days instead of 1 day.... So I only managed to leave the building by 4.30pm. So an advise to those who's going tmrw...be there the earliest as possible...you might be ask to leave and there's no way you want to haf a wasted trip.

Girls...high heels NOT ADVISABLE for walk-in...I've been standing for almost 5 hrs today!! I hope this experience of mine is valuable for the rest who's curious abt today's intv. Gd luck!

P.S: Frm my opinion, walk-in interview are fair and open to everyone who meets the requirement unfortunately lack of anticipation creates a lot of chaos and there wasnt any proper system. I personally felt the usual shortlisting way is best to overcome such problem.

nafnaf

Post by nafnaf » Sun, 26 Feb 2006 12:35 am

is round 2 the kebaya fitting or the 1-1 interview? :)

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

doubts

Post by blancD » Sun, 26 Feb 2006 12:58 am

hey guys!

i did like to ask of anyone experience here.. if anyone can tell me bout the dilemma i'm having. :-|

I'm currently taking my degree and am pretty interested to take up the interview as a steward with SIA. As this is my last year to complete the course, and i've known SIA has recruitments throughout the end of the year. Probably Sept, Oct (around that period)?
The thing is that i will only be finishing my studies in Nov. I'm not saying I will get through but what if I got through this interview,
1. When roughly would they start the training?
2. Is it possible if i request to join the next training intake? (as i want to finish my studies and i'm afraid whatever training date would probably means giving up my last two or one month to complete my degree)
I know this is definitely a little far to ponder. . . :D but I'm really really interested and want to know if i join in right after I complete my degree. I do not want to waste alot of time around. :( i really want to give it my best shot!

what about requirements as a steward? i mean like what do they look for in stewards? anything unique than the usual requirements for a stewardess? thank you in advance

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 26 Feb 2006 1:25 am

blancD,

Whatever you do finish your degree before doing anything else, you may regret it if you do not. No point worrying about when you would start training, your considerations are too premature. As for what they look for in stewards that is something for you to ask yourself. (Hint: write down those things you can think of associated with the job).

Best wishes and I hope this helps.

Plavt.

Ps: Take good care with your English - something the airline looks at.