Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
carez

Post by carez » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:31 am

I've been to Drx for my skin and I didn't feel comfortable with the doc. Somehow, the doc came across to me as someone who would prefer to treat rich patients who didn't mind paying for extensive treatments. Plus, my skin didn't improve a single bit. It got worse, in fact. I'm seeing another doc now to treat the scars I've got from Drx's treatments.

Their Ultraslim uses ultrasound technology. Amaris-b have this too. In fact, Marie France have this too. Although I think they might all be using different machines, the theory of the procedure is basically the same. I don't know if this is effective as I have not tried it. Amaris-b incorporates 3 sessions of ultrasound to further melt fats and improve skin elasticity after the laser lipolysis or vaser procedure. It feels really hot when the doc passes the equipment over the area.

kitsch chic

Sinecch

Post by kitsch chic » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 1:03 pm

To black_creamer and leenaaa

Hi... here's some info on Sineech to share with you gals..

This was explain by Prof Ivor Lim and later reinforced by his nurse when I recently consulted him on double eyelid and rhinoplasty (hmmm, :roll: the sake of vanity...)

If I can recall all the details... it's a homeopathic all natural medication that helps reduces bruising and swelling post surgery. Also pain... Sounds like a wonder drug to me!!! :D One box has 12 capsules with instructions on when to take, like 1 capsule on the night before the surgery and i've been told not to eat or drink anything for 15 minutes before and after taking the tablet ... I think it's only available on prescription and not in pharmacy, as i've not seen any outside...

Prof Lim also advised me to have lymphatic drainage massage over at his medical spa next door if i consider doing the rhinoplasty as this helps reduces the swelling even more... still thinking bout it as i can only afford one surgery at the moment.... so may do the eyelids first...

Quite impress with his Korean style double eyelids ... hopefully mum will sponsor half ... :D

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 3:43 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Sun, 03 Sep 2006 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

black_creamer

Post by black_creamer » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 4:00 pm

thanks for the info guys :) will check when I go for consulation next time. Am actually in Bangkok now for work,...wondering how come i didnt make appointments for consultations here as well.... :-| , but still thinking of doing my surgery in Spore....

James**
Regular
Regular

Post by James** » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 9:57 pm

black_creamer wrote:thanks for the info guys :) will check when I go for consulation next time. Am actually in Bangkok now for work,...wondering how come i didnt make appointments for consultations here as well.... :-| , but still thinking of doing my surgery in Spore....
You should check out both Yanhee and Bumrungrad since you are there..you will realise that they do have a sizeable foreign patients.

black_creamer

Post by black_creamer » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:20 pm

James, somehow getting the ops done in a foreign country doesnt appeal to me. :( Doesnt help that I am not intending to tell anyone abt this, so cannot drag anyone along for support. I know experience-wise & financially, it makes more sense to get the procedure dont in BKK, Korea or Taiwan, but feel more secure getting it done back home lah! :-|

Broke

Laser lipo

Post by Broke » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:53 am

Hi Carez,

I am interested in the Laser lipo too.
Which part of lyour body did you had the Laser lipolysis done?
Where are the incisions? Do the incision feel hard?

I actually had taditional lipo done at Mount E but the results was not good.
So I intend to get touch up done by Dr. Ivan Puah, but I worried about the result and the cost since i had already spent so much already.

So how much did you pay for it?

carez wrote:
raveneyes wrote:is amaris B good? anyone tried it before?
Do they do liposuction or something else. Cause they are currently having a promotion.

I posted this on an earlier page.

"I did laser lipolysis which is a cross between lipo and mesotheraphy. What happens is that the doc uses a laser to break up the fat cells and then sucks them out. So basically the breaking up of fat cells is similar to meso and the suction of fat cells is similar to traditional lipo procedures.

I did it with Dr. Ivan Puah at aramis-b and its been about 2 months, results are pretty good. But its more suited for people who do not have a lot of fats. People who need to remove a lot of fats will do better with traditional lipo.

My downtime was minimal and really great. I just felt sore for about 3 days and I could move around normally. There was swelling and bruises for about 3 weeks and I still have some slight swelling. But great improvement, I already had about 5 people telling me I lost weight and these people did not know I had gone for the procedure!

He's offering a new procedure using ultrasound technology called vaser. This one uses ultrasound waves to break up the fat cells rather than laser. I've read good reviews about this on a US-based forum.

Here are some links that might help:

www.amaris-b.com

http://www.liposuction4you.com/liposuct ... niques.htm ( this explains the various techniques and do check out the forum and do a search for the vaser technique)"

kitsch chic

Post by kitsch chic » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 2:39 pm

black_creamer wrote:James, somehow getting the ops done in a foreign country doesnt appeal to me. :( Doesnt help that I am not intending to tell anyone abt this, so cannot drag anyone along for support. I know experience-wise & financially, it makes more sense to get the procedure dont in BKK, Korea or Taiwan, but feel more secure getting it done back home lah! :-|
Hi Black_creamer,

I totally agree with you..., although the exchange in currency rates is very very very appealing! Each has its pros and cons....

Locally may be slightly more expensive but then i can go home and be fussed about by mum, dad, bro, boyfriend and best girlfriends :D 8-) Nothing feels like home and all your personal stuff within reach. Also if anything worrying, my PS is on 24/7 contactable by handphone!! Imagine being stuck in a hotel room, staring at four walls... i'll be having cabin fever man...!

okay la..Bangkok can throw in shopping as well but i'm not sure if i'll be in the mood to shop much with all the swelling bound to have after surgery. Plus must also avoid crowded places and crowds to prevent infection and accidental bumping by other people, right?

Sight seeing? Er..yup, i'm the sight to be seen by all the rest of the other tourist la....! :D

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 6:18 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Wed, 30 Aug 2006 8:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 7:45 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Sun, 03 Sep 2006 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:22 am

Hi all,

It's regarding Rhinoplasty:

Just chance this short para from Dr. Jung Dong Hak's web-site, think that some of you may want to know:

Usually up to 5 weeks after rhinoplasty, glasses should be avoided. It should be actually avoided for the next 3 months as well. The reason is because the part that supports the glasses might not be able to push the nose with the equivalent force compared to the other parts. However, glasses like in the picture that has no parts in contact with the nose is possible to wear. Or you can even place some splint and wear the glasses.

To see the pix, click the web link la. http://www.nose.co.kr/english/

rdgs,
Rabbit

black_creamer

Post by black_creamer » Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:03 am

Hi all, more tips i came across: http://www.rhinoplasty4you.com/consultq ... _print.htm

This has a list of questions to ask...if u back track, they also mention how to prepare urself mentally, how the procedure is done...etc...

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Thu, 23 Feb 2006 8:40 pm

Hello! Any of Dr. Sukit's patients here? I am interested in doing a rhinoplasty implant .. can anyone fill me up with more information?

carez

Re: Laser lipo

Post by carez » Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:43 am

[quote="Broke"]Hi Carez,

I am interested in the Laser lipo too.
Which part of lyour body did you had the Laser lipolysis done?
Where are the incisions? Do the incision feel hard?

So how much did you pay for it?
[quote="raveneyes]

I did it on my tummy and results were pretty good. First consultation is $30, then I paid $2500 nett for the procedure which includes 3 sessions of radio-frequency treatments to make the skin texture and shrinkage better. His prices have risen though due to the high demand, he now charges $2800 for tummy areas.

My incisions are really small, mine are about 0.3cm in length and there's no feeling to them at all. They're virtually flat, can't even feel a bump. I've a total of 3, 2 at the biniki line and 1 at the belly button.

He did mentioned that for people doing touch-ups, its more difficult as the area is more fibrerous (think I got the spelling wrong). He now has a new machince that uses ultrasound waves instead of laser, its called vaser. Its supposed to be particularly good for fibrerous areas. He will assess your condition and recommend if laser or vaser is more suitable. Charges for laser and vaser are the same.

He has done some touch-ups for people who have done traditional lipo previously. You might want to give his nurse a call, she's quite obliging with the details over the telephone or go for a consultation and asked to see photos of his touch-up cases. He's quite a nice doc and there's no hard-selling tactics from his clinic.

sillychick

Rhinoplasty queries

Post by sillychick » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 2:23 am

Hi there, im pretty new to this forum but i find the info and topics discussed pretty useful so far. Was thinking of going to bangkok for rhinoplasty since its apparently cheaper (heh) :P and they're more experienced am i right? perhaps those of you who have gone to bk for rhinoplasty could pm me? anyone interested to go up perhaps in early/mid june?
i dont want people around me to know that i want to get a nose job. :?