Singapore Expats

SIA Stewardess

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
kor kor

SIA Stewardess

Post by kor kor » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:48 am

Hi Everyone,

Pls help me. Need your help and some advice. I know that SIA requirments is 'A', 'O' level and diploma. But can i know whether 'N' Level can also be apply for that? Though i also want to be a FA, just like everybody else. Pls kindly advise me what to do. Really appreciate your answer. Many thanks to your!

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by joop » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:57 am

If it wasn't a requirement, they wouldn't have stated what they wanted! Maybe just ALL LEVELS... :shock:
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

kor kor

Post by kor kor » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:15 am

So that mean i can still go and apply for it. Even though as what you say, although that you are right that of course they stated there on the advertisement =. Of course they require 'A', 'O' level and diploma. But there's no harm of going to try right. :?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 1:12 pm

Possibly their first test is to see if applicants can understand their requirements . . .

'nuff said Image

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 1:38 pm

so that mean you also agree with me that actually its really no harm for going to try it right. perhaps first time they will test you in some test.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 4:52 pm

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 5:42 pm

chai ching wrote:so that mean you also agree with me that actually its really no harm for going to try it right. perhaps first time they will test you in some test.

No

'nuff said Image

lilprawn

Post by lilprawn » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:53 am

Hi ppl..
I have sent in my application to Silkair but til now there's no reply from them, I think I stand no more chance. Anyone know how long does they take to reply applications ? I've always wanted to be a Cabin Crew.
Anyway, I'm only holding an O'levels cert, can I try the walk-in interview for SIA? Will they accept O'levels student? Coz the requirements stated was A'levels / Diploma and above preferred. Should I try to go for the interview ? I do have experience in customer service..
Someone please advise me..Thank you

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 3:10 am

lilprawn wrote:Hi ppl..
I have sent in my application to Silkair but til now there's no reply from them, I think I stand no more chance. Anyone know how long does they take to reply applications ? I've always wanted to be a Cabin Crew.
Anyway, I'm only holding an O'levels cert, can I try the walk-in interview for SIA? Will they accept O'levels student? Coz the requirements stated was A'levels / Diploma and above preferred. Should I try to go for the interview ? I do have experience in customer service..
Someone please advise me..Thank you
Go to the Sia website and type in cabin crew in the search box you will find their criteria there. My advice (meaning it politely) do these things for yourself it will save you being mislead by the nonsense that gets posted so often here. Simple steps stop, think and plan ahead don't be tempted just because advertisements appear in the press, recruitment drives occur time and time again.

Plavt.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 9:39 am

Hi Lilprawn,

Me too. I also send in my application for Silkair. But till now there's no news or reply from them yet. But as what i hear from my friend say that actually they already send out to those peoples who are shortlisted. Although their website say closing date is by 20th February 2006. But yet they have already send out quite early for those peoples who have been shortlisted. Since they already have send it out. Perhaps we really dont stand any more chance.

Is this your first time applying for SilkAir? If you ever also did go for their walk in before that, they wont accept from those peoples who have go for a walk in. Yup of course you can apply for SIA. They did say that they are recruiting for 'A', 'O' Level and a Diploma.

But preferences will be given to those who know how to speak foreign languages or customer service. You can also see their website for more information. (if you are still not quite sure about it)

:lol:

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:20 pm

Well, actually the education requirement is not that really important to become a Cabin Crew. It's whether you are born to be one or not. It all depends on personal qualities. If there's a candidate with Diploma but does not have any customer service experience,foreign language and the great passion to be a cabin crew while the other holds a N Level Cert with customer service experience, with a foreing language knowledge and having a great passion to be cabin crew, which one would you choose?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 1:12 pm

Hi Shreked,

I agree with you also. Doesnt mean that must really have 'A', 'O' Level & Diploma Cert then can apply. As long you meet their requirements or they like you. Of course will choose the one with 'N' Level Cert. Cuz 'N' Level Cert know Customer Service and Foreign Language.

By the way, are you also going to apply for SIA? May i know what Cert are you holding now? Or are you a Cabin Crew now?

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 1:19 pm

If only i have completed or exempted from NS i will be applying. I'm now in Higher Nitec in Accounting in ITE. I have N and O Level cert too. I really have a great passion to be the SQ guy..

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 1:20 pm

..but do you know the statistics for such opportunities? Yea I would agree if you have the charisma, level head and such, heck you'd be perfect for the job but this is Singapore, it is sad but at the end of the day, the first thing they will look at are your papers. If the interviewer was for example Richard Branson, then you could try to win him over with your eagerness, exuberance and whatnots. However these people who receive your applications have been instructed to follow certain guidelines. Their right of say is limited.

No harm trying but don't be disappointed if you don't make it.. there are jobs that will suit you.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 1:40 pm

"I pray all our interviewers are like Richard Branson... ... ..."