Singapore Expats

Hair cut and Drycleaning

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
AnuBa

Hair cut and Drycleaning

Post by AnuBa » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 4:03 pm

Hi,
We are new to Singapore. Would like to know where to go for basics services - to begin with Men's Haircut and Drycleaning. We are living on Cairnhill Rd for time being.
We are looking nothing pricy.. something reasonable,
Will appreciate name of the business and location.
thanks.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 8:20 pm

First be prepared for the dry cleaning to take a week to return. Nobody understands why, but it seems that's the way it is. Sorry I can't help with this in this part of town.

Haircuts are such a personal thing. If your partner is wanting just a basic haircut, there is a place in Shaw Center on the 3rd floor, I think, called Michelle and Cindy's. It is a men's haircut joint, but do cut ladies as well. The ladies are all locals so he might not get much conversation. For about $18-20 you get a cut, neck massage, green tea, and if you're luck maybe some cake with the tea.

Good luck!! :wink:

AnuBa

Post by AnuBa » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 1:49 pm

Thanks for the haircut tip. Please give us the drycleaning service tip too.To begin with, any info about any services at any location is good.
Anu

shwu

Dry cleaning

Post by shwu » Thu, 12 Jan 2006 4:38 pm

I do my dry cleaning at this family-run shop, KSL, at whampoa drive. Has been around since 1922. Honest people, Service is really personal. All done by the owners. but because it's a small establishment, normally it will take 4-5 days. but if you need your clothes to be ready in 2/3 days, you will need to let them know. Year end/ CNY is their busiest period.

I actually came to know about this place from Her World recommendation, stick to them for a few years now.

I am not sure about their address. I will check.

shwu

address

Post by shwu » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 2:05 am

address:
Blk 86 whampoa drive #01-939
tel: 62596992

this place is pretty near cairnhill i think.

hope you will find them great! :D

AnuBa

Drycleaning

Post by AnuBa » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:04 am

Just wanted to thanks Shwu for recommending KSL drycleaning on Wampoa Dr.
The place is great with the best prices around Orchard. Quality is great too.
The couples are very friendly and nice people. Fuirst time around I lost my pick up slip and the lady just smiled at me ( I was expecting a big scowl and some muttering in Chinese) and handed me my cloths. She gave big discount on my second set of drycleaning.

anu