Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 6:16 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gemstone

hey

Post by Gemstone » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 8:39 pm

Hi im new here. I have been reading most of the pages
and find it really useful. very informative..
I have been thinking of a eye lid surgery for a long long time
but worried about the cost involved.now i get a better idea and was
thinking of approaching doc fok.

I have read about acupuncture breast augmentation
from the papers today. Anyone ever tried it before?
Does acupuncture helps to reduce our problem areas?

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:04 am

Hey to gardenofgraves! don't worry! I had my double eyelids done at Vida as well, except when I did it, they were still called Sinova Medical Centre. However, the doctor that operated on me was Dr. Seah. He is a very good doctor.

I had also done my botox for face slimming with him too, just a week ago. However I am now interested to do yet another rhinoplasty as my first one was not up to my expectations! Anyone here had their noses done by Dr. Sukit before? Please PM me!! thank you! I really need information!

black_creamer

Post by black_creamer » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 9:46 am

wenhwa - can i ask, where did u get ur 1st rhinoplasty done? Planning to get mine done in Spore, and worried that all that pain & suffering will not yield much noticable results! :?

carez

Post by carez » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:27 am

raveneyes wrote:is amaris B good? anyone tried it before?
Do they do liposuction or something else. Cause they are currently having a promotion.

I posted this on an earlier page.

"I did laser lipolysis which is a cross between lipo and mesotheraphy. What happens is that the doc uses a laser to break up the fat cells and then sucks them out. So basically the breaking up of fat cells is similar to meso and the suction of fat cells is similar to traditional lipo procedures.

I did it with Dr. Ivan Puah at aramis-b and its been about 2 months, results are pretty good. But its more suited for people who do not have a lot of fats. People who need to remove a lot of fats will do better with traditional lipo.

My downtime was minimal and really great. I just felt sore for about 3 days and I could move around normally. There was swelling and bruises for about 3 weeks and I still have some slight swelling. But great improvement, I already had about 5 people telling me I lost weight and these people did not know I had gone for the procedure!

He's offering a new procedure using ultrasound technology called vaser. This one uses ultrasound waves to break up the fat cells rather than laser. I've read good reviews about this on a US-based forum.

Here are some links that might help:

www.amaris-b.com

http://www.liposuction4you.com/liposuct ... niques.htm ( this explains the various techniques and do check out the forum and do a search for the vaser technique)"

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:43 am

black_creamer wrote:wenhwa - can i ask, where did u get ur 1st rhinoplasty done? Planning to get mine done in Spore, and worried that all that pain & suffering will not yield much noticable results! :?
I had mine done in NUH. Was not satisfied with the results at all .. and now got a lot of problem .. because when I went back to the doctor and ask for rectification work, he said it can be done. But must charge for the operation!! I am like ... WHAT?!?!?! ya so .. that's my experience.

Anyway, as I said in many of the post earlier, before doing any operation, it is imperative that you go see at least 3 doctors before deciding who and what you should do.

mayaray
Regular
Regular

Post by mayaray » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:03 pm

jovinliu wrote:http://www.hi-pretty.com/beautycase/les ... BCD0000257

Very nice nose! Korean style nose, done in Taiwan. Very naturally-done eyes too, but the clinic is in Tai Zhong, not Taipei.

/Jovin
This girl is using the black contact lenses an a lot more make-up! A good b4 and after pic should be without make-up.

black_creamer

Post by black_creamer » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:35 pm

I think i came across a posting about some medication from overseas that minimises swelling & bruising after surgery. I am trying to back-track to find that posting, but can't seem to find it. Can anyone remember what medication that was? Want to check up more about it...anything that can reduce downtime & not let people get suspicious is always good :D

Btw, for those that have done their surgery, what was ur excuse for not turning up to work for 1+ week? Are there any surgeons that can actually give MC and have some other reason listed? Am thinking of saying that I will be going for a wisdom tooth extraction, hence the swelling & having to stay home! :P

mayaray
Regular
Regular

Post by mayaray » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 2:41 pm

when it comes to work and excuses-best not lie lest your cover is blown.

If you can get an mc from the surgeon-even better. If not, just take leave.

People have been dismissed before for faking their mcs.

black_creamer

Post by black_creamer » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 3:47 pm

Yah, of cos not to the extent of faking MCs!! But I have heard of PSs that actually give u MC for the entire course of the recovery period. Just wondering what they actually list as the reason on the MC, cos surely getting surgery done for the sake of vainity doesn't justify getting paid leave! 8-)

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 6:17 pm

black_creamer wrote:I think i came across a posting about some medication from overseas that minimises swelling & bruising after surgery. I am trying to back-track to find that posting, but can't seem to find it. Can anyone remember what medication that was? Want to check up more about it...anything that can reduce downtime & not let people get suspicious is always good :D

Btw, for those that have done their surgery, what was ur excuse for not turning up to work for 1+ week? Are there any surgeons that can actually give MC and have some other reason listed? Am thinking of saying that I will be going for a wisdom tooth extraction, hence the swelling & having to stay home! :P
I think the medication is called SinEcch. I took that for my double eyelid .. I feel that it worked well for me!

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 9:06 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by leenaaaa » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 9:06 pm

Last edited by leenaaaa on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:01 pm

leenaaaa wrote:
wenhwa wrote:
black_creamer wrote:I think i came across a posting about some medication from overseas that minimises swelling & bruising after surgery. I am trying to back-track to find that posting, but can't seem to find it. Can anyone remember what medication that was? Want to check up more about it...anything that can reduce downtime & not let people get suspicious is always good :D

I think the medication is called SinEcch. I took that for my double eyelid .. I feel that it worked well for me!

Wenhwa, how did you manage to get some??
When I did my surgery, the doctor prescribed it to me. You can ask your doctor for it. If they don't have, perhaps you can try asking other private practises and ask them to sell it to you?

raveneyes

Post by raveneyes » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:29 pm

thanks for the info. anyway... what about The DrX Clinic at the forums?
i heard that they are pretty good too...
i might go to amaris b or the drx clinic.
http://www.drxclinic.com/products/medical7.htm
Their ultraslim seems good?
have anyone tried them b4?