Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:32 am

Plavt wrote:
Paige wrote:
I'm not sure whether are you a Singaporean, but well, in the past, Silkair will recruit their crews by writing in, then they will conduct walk-in interviews, @ the same time, they will ask those girls who were shortlisted to attend too.
So, pls dun doubt my English Skills.
Thanks..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:
Not meaning to belittle you but you have just proved his point. Have a good look at what you have written here. I am English - what you are showing there is bad habits so here are some hints; do not use 'I'm' in formal writing, no need for a comma before the word but, you mean SilkAir will 'recruit their crews in writing and then conduct walk-in interviews'
(Make sure you spell SilkAir the way they do) and do not use the @ symbol, use singlish words and there is no need for a capital 'S' in the word skills. You are not the only one a point Vaucluse and myself try to make is you show yourself up when you write like that.

Have a look at the few posts by Abastos who is a flight attendant and notice his English. Nobody is perfect but it is obvious you do not read what you have written.

Plavt.
Plavt,
Thanks for your advice. Yes. I always do not read what I had written. It's one of my bad habit. But well.. forum is like a chatting area where everyone chats here.. so please pardon me for my Singlish.

Cheers!
Paige

abastos

Compliment

Post by abastos » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 9:41 pm

Hey, I'm touched by Plavt's comment! Haha! Anyway, it is a good habit to write in proper english so that you would not lose touch the true essence of it since the majority are using shortcut-english and singlish. Try to start from small and you will do well as time goes.

Cheers to all!
abastos

chiken_c

Post by chiken_c » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 9:53 pm

hey! hahaha.. well i love service industry!! but more benefits of course makes the job more exciting and another reason to continue!! eh silkair is under SIA rite? hahaa. not too sure abt that.. will training be abt the same too?? and i wonder why SIA needs A levels girls while Silkair no need.. i dun see the difference! hahhhahaa

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:00 pm

chiken_c wrote:hey! hahaha.. well i love service industry!! but more benefits of course makes the job more exciting and another reason to continue!! eh silkair is under SIA rite? hahaa. not too sure abt that.. will training be abt the same too?? and i wonder why SIA needs A levels girls while Silkair no need.. i dun see the difference! hahhhahaa
Since you are not sure, I suggest you look upon SIA's and SilkAir's website before saying that you don't see the difference coz there ARE differences between these two airlines although they are from the same company.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

chiken_c

Post by chiken_c » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 8:56 am

hahah i meant no diff b/w A levels and N levels pple? hahhaa.. so singaporegrrl are u going to try for any of the airlines? =D

aloyscious
Regular
Regular

COntacts

Post by aloyscious » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 8:58 am

hi thre..just want to know for those who went for the water confident test...will u jump into the pool wth ur contacts or will u not? Is it safe to jump into pool wth ur contacts?

chiken_c

Post by chiken_c » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 9:45 am

i tot its ok as long u shut ur eyes real tight? haha..

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Re: COntacts

Post by Quasimodo » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 9:53 am

aloyscious wrote:hi thre..just want to know for those who went for the water confident test...will u jump into the pool wth ur contacts or will u not? Is it safe to jump into pool wth ur contacts?

#-o I guess when simulating a real-life situation one would expect FA's to take a short break and take out their - usually blue - contacts, take off their make-up and brush their teeth before the plane crashes into the sea.

Yes, aloyscious, you will certainly pass - simply ask the instructor what you should do. Good questions always impress.

FCS . . . . .
One in the hand is worth two of something

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:28 am

chiken_c wrote:hahah i meant no diff b/w A levels and N levels pple? hahhaa.. so singaporegrrl are u going to try for any of the airlines? =D
Isn't A levels 2 steps aboves N levels after O levels? There's certainly a difference there. BTW I guess I won't be applying for any airlines for the moment coz I'm pursuing a 3 year diploma programme.
Quasimodo wrote:
aloyscious wrote: hi thre..just want to know for those who went for the water confident test...will u jump into the pool wth ur contacts or will u not? Is it safe to jump into pool wth ur contacts?

I guess when simulating a real-life situation one would expect FA's to take a short break and take out their - usually blue - contacts, take off their make-up and brush their teeth before the plane crashes into the sea.

Yes, aloyscious, you will certainly pass - simply ask the instructor what you should do. Good questions always impress.

FCS . . . . .
Haha that's a funny way to answer that question. But yeah, I would have to agree.

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:47 am

Paige wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:Anyone wanna go for SilkAir? They're having recruitment drive now. Sorry guys, SilkAir only employs ladies.

We are looking for female cabin crew with a combination of grace, and a warm smile to continue providing excellent and attentive service to our customers.

We offer a host of generous service benefits including:
- Free and discounted travel
- Annual wage supplement of one month's salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Attractive medical and dental benefits
- Meal, productivity and transport allowance where applicable

Requirements:
- Minimum height of 1.58m
- Minimum 3 GCE 'O' Level credits or 4 'N' Level credits including English
- Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents preferred

If you think you have what it takes to be part of our team, please email your resume, detailing your personal particulars, educational qualifications and a recent full-length photograph of yourself to: [email protected].
All applications must be received by 20th February 2006. (Only shortlisted candiates will be notified)
Dear All,

Guess now we had to write-in for silkair... Not sure whether are they still gona conduct walk-in?

Cheers!
Hi paige ,

Have u receive the invite for SilkAir ? The invitation for Silkair interview is out . This time round it was pretty fast. I just sent my resume yesterday which is on the 15th Feb and the reply was sent to me today...wow ..it was really fast ...and the closing date for applying is on the 20th feb.....

Anybody having the same interview date as me which is on the 23th Feb 1020pm??? pls Pm. thank you...

:D

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:49 am

zoergal wrote:
Paige wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:Anyone wanna go for SilkAir? They're having recruitment drive now. Sorry guys, SilkAir only employs ladies.

We are looking for female cabin crew with a combination of grace, and a warm smile to continue providing excellent and attentive service to our customers.

We offer a host of generous service benefits including:
- Free and discounted travel
- Annual wage supplement of one month's salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Attractive medical and dental benefits
- Meal, productivity and transport allowance where applicable

Requirements:
- Minimum height of 1.58m
- Minimum 3 GCE 'O' Level credits or 4 'N' Level credits including English
- Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents preferred

If you think you have what it takes to be part of our team, please email your resume, detailing your personal particulars, educational qualifications and a recent full-length photograph of yourself to: [email protected].
All applications must be received by 20th February 2006. (Only shortlisted candiates will be notified)
Dear All,

Guess now we had to write-in for silkair... Not sure whether are they still gona conduct walk-in?

Cheers!
Hi paige ,

Have u receive the invite for SilkAir ? The invitation for Silkair interview is out . This time round it was pretty fast. I just sent my resume yesterday which is on the 15th Feb and the reply was sent to me today...wow ..it was really fast ...and the closing date for applying is on the 20th feb.....

Anybody having the same interview date as me which is on the 23th Feb 1020pm??? pls Pm. thank you...

:D
Hi paige,

I am sorry... my interview time is 1020am and not 1020pm..heehehe... :oops:

purpledoll

Post by purpledoll » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 3:28 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:Yah Emirates recruiting in March!

For those in Singapore:
Open Day: 04-Mar-2006 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Venue: Hotel Holiday Inn Parkview 11 Cavenagh Road,
Preliminary selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed Sass Atlantic

Assessment Day: 01-Mar-2006 - 31-Mar-2006
Preliminary selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency Sass Atlantic

For those in Malaysia:
Ipoh
Open Day
: 11-Mar-2006 9:30 AM
Venue: Casuarina Ipoh 18 Jalan Raj Dr Nazrin Shah, 30250 Ipoh Perak Darul Ridzuan
Preliminary selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency Sass Atlantic

Kuala Lumpur
Open Day
: 12-Mar-2006 9:30 AM
Venue: Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel (Corner of Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Ampang Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory 50450 Malaysia)

Assessment Day: 01-Mar-2006 - 31-Mar-2006
issit like a walk-in interview? what do i have to bring if im interested?

pls help. thanks

AirCon

Post by AirCon » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:39 pm

Purpledoll - it states four (4) times:

Do you need a fifth? Ok, here it is:

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:10 am

If you wanna, look at their website here:
http://www.sassatlantic.com

lilprawn

Post by lilprawn » Fri, 17 Feb 2006 1:12 am

hi i just sent in my application for silkair.
do you think they accept such late entries ?
i've always wanted to be a cabin crew. I've been to jetstar's interview b4 but was not selected til the last round. was very disappointed.