Singapore Expats

Jetstar asia

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Re: jetstar cabin crew

Post by Plavt » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 9:18 pm

dyra wrote:no worries, Plavt,

i just typed out what is written exactly in the newspaper, that's it. u can get a copy of straits times today to have a look...

there are typo errors cos i was typing too fast and letters like 'a' and 's' are just next to each other, so typo errors.

as for the capital letters. it is just me, i prefer to write in small letters. and to me, i am just typing the info for all the people who want to apply for the job. that's it.

thanks for ur advice... :)
Plavt wrote:
will need a strong command of english and preferably
Dyra,
Hate me if you must but a point was being made by Vaucluse and it is one that myself and Strong Eagle amongst others see all too commonly on this board - bad English.

I would think they would want your written English to be good as that will be the first sign of just how skilled you are.

Jetsar should have spelt with a capital 'J' at all times, capitals should have been used for Straits Times. Never begin a sentence with the word 'if'. Capital letters should be used for the words English and Asian and do not use the abbreviation 'photo', you must write photograph.

I am not trying to insult you or anyone else here but if a prospective employer sees badly written English, then what would they think?
I understand English (my native tongue) is difficult to learn and even I have to use a dictionary and still get things wrong but those points I mention here are important.

Hope this helps.

Plavt.
Understood but don't make too much of a habit of it. :P :D

Plavt.

astrobod

Post by astrobod » Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:49 am

can guys apply for the position? they never state on the ads that they require air stewards. anyway i just send in my resume to give it a try. hope that everone sent in got shortlisted and dun think so much about the low pay, just gain the experience and use the valuable experiences to apply on bigger airlines

Tattooed

Post by Tattooed » Sat, 04 Feb 2006 2:22 pm

hey.. anyone going for the coming interviews on either 8th or 9th feb?
I want you to close your eyes and fall into a deep trance. When I count to 3, you will wake up and be mine.

rapunzel

Jetstar Interview

Post by rapunzel » Sun, 05 Feb 2006 1:49 pm

Tattooed wrote:hey.. anyone going for the coming interviews on either 8th or 9th feb?
Hi Tatooed,
I'm attending the interview on the 9th.. R u shortlisted too?

Tattooed

Post by Tattooed » Sun, 05 Feb 2006 10:17 pm

hi, yep, i am. my slot is on the 8th 10.30

any1 else?

though i've been doing cal and find that the pay can really be quite pathetic, given that they dun provide transport allowance... now cabfare starting from airport is at least 35 bucks :?
I want you to close your eyes and fall into a deep trance. When I count to 3, you will wake up and be mine.

kor kor

Post by kor kor » Fri, 10 Feb 2006 2:54 pm

Hi Tattooed,

May i know whether will there be any more recruit for JetStar again? Or there wont be anymore. Cuz it say if we are shortlisted, they will let us know end of February 2006. So im just wondering whether will there be another 2nd batch coming in? Pls advise me. Thank you!

Tattooed

Post by Tattooed » Sat, 11 Feb 2006 12:14 am

Hi kor kor,

I'm not sure when they'll hold another interview session.

According to them, this time round they received about 500+ applications and only those who they felt is more suitable for the position was callled into the interview. They also mentioned that they're only selecting about 20 people for this drive.

I had went to the interview and was selected for the 2nd interview, but in the end, I wasn't selected so I can't furnish u much details :)

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Sat, 11 Feb 2006 6:04 pm

oh like that i see. can. thank you so much for your infor! then i shall wait till end of feb and see whether is there any more.

ilovemummy

Post by ilovemummy » Sun, 12 Feb 2006 4:15 pm

i have miss the jan intake, anyone knw if i can send my resume nw? and approximately when is the next intake? nxt year or a few mths later?

msppsm

Jebstar Cain Crew

Post by msppsm » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 8:08 pm

Hi! All the pretty ladies there,

May I know how do you apply for jetstar airlines? Do you have the email address of the interviewee or person who invite you for the job inteview. Is there any application form where we can download? Where do we based? Singapore or Australia?

Anxious know. Hope some kind soul can reply to my question. Thanks

Eager
msppsm

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Jebstar Cain Crew

Post by Plavt » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 8:16 pm

msppsm wrote:Hi! All the pretty ladies there,

May I know how do you apply for jetstar airlines? Do you have the email address of the interviewee or person who invite you for the job inteview. Is there any application form where we can download? Where do we based? Singapore or Australia?

Eager
Why don't you go to their website the information is there?

Plavt.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 8:58 pm

Eager

msppsm - how old are you?
One in the hand is worth two of something

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 1:11 am

Eager
If you're talking about Jetstar Airways, then you'll be based in Australia.
If you're talking about Jetstar Asia Airways, then you'll be based in Singapore.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 1:20 pm

Last week i took the train in the same cabin as an air steward from Jet*Asia. I was stunned that his height was like 160+ and looks is not quite there yet. I have read the requirement for a Jet*Asia Cabin Crew that requires cabin crew to be 156+.Does it applies to males too?

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 1:28 pm

Oh ya! One more question.
I seldom hear Tiger Airways recruits CaBin Crew.
Does Tiger Airways ever recruit Male Cabin Crew?