Singapore Expats

Ladies of leisure or women of business

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Post by samantha » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 4:12 pm

hi bb.. just wondering what are yhe two degrees that you did?
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

bushbride
Regular
Regular

Post by bushbride » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 4:36 pm

Well the two over saturated markets in Singapore are the food business and the slimming business. But, a little competition never hurt anyone :)

So maybe I can open the food business in your honour with a slimming business attached. That way, through the slimming business, we can get those arms reaching past that belly and well and truly into those deep pockets of yours to fund the food slide of things - I am just too smart :D

bushbride
Regular
Regular

Post by bushbride » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 4:45 pm

samantha wrote:hi bb.. just wondering what are yhe two degrees that you did?
Hi Samantha,

I have a 'Coms Degree' - integrated marketing coms and an Honours Degree 'Change management in amalgamations and mergers'. Sounds a but boring I know but they have served me well.

What's your background Sam?

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Post by samantha » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 4:58 pm

18 years old and a student here. :wink:

So, have you been to the museum yet? And I think you will find it REALLY tough trying to break into the food market, unless you can import a foreign chef to sell some really exotic food.. SOmething you can't find here... :P

bushbride
Regular
Regular

Post by bushbride » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 5:08 pm

what are you studying Sam?

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Post by samantha » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 5:10 pm

I'm in Junior College taking history, geography and economics. The first two are the loves of my life... :P

bushbride
Regular
Regular

Post by bushbride » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 5:28 pm

Cool.

History and Geography are good subjects - I guess you might be thinking about archeology as a profession? Or something like geological / atmospheric research if you like the geography more than the history side of things…both very interesting areas...

Alter Ego

Post by Alter Ego » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 6:52 pm

Bubbles wrote:

There is nothing 'you're a better person if you work' crap about it.

Why do we denigrate domestic choices? Could it be out of jealousy in some cases? I think so.

Bubbs.
If you are a stay at home women without kids then no one will respect you.

All you do is stay at home and sponge off your husband then you are just a blonde bimbo. Spending all your husbands money on whatever beauty treatment it is today. fact of the matter is no one will respect you for staying at home and doing F**K all with your time.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 7:02 pm

Alter Ego wrote:
If you are a stay at home women without kids then no one will respect you.

All you do is stay at home and sponge off your husband then you are just a blonde bimbo. Spending all your husbands money on whatever beauty treatment it is today. fact of the matter is no one will respect you for staying at home and doing F**K all with your time.
There are a variety of reasons why women may choose to stay at home and it does not mean that they are 'bimbos', sponge off their husbands and indulge in beauty treatments or do F*** all with their time.

Maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself.

Plavt.

Alter Ego

Post by Alter Ego » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 7:10 pm

We work and what do the women do but spend all the money. Fair enough to be a baby factory, but a money guzzling bimbo. Get a job sweetheart and stop spending your man's hard earned cash. Or have kids and then you can use raising them as your excuse.

bushbride
Regular
Regular

Post by bushbride » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 7:23 pm

Wow, you have a strange idea of 'respect' Alter ego.

And its not about winning people's respect anyway.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 7:27 pm

Alter Ego wrote:We work and what do the women do but spend all the money. Fair enough to be a baby factory, but a money guzzling bimbo. Get a job sweetheart and stop spending your man's hard earned cash. Or have kids and then you can use raising them as your excuse.
There you again with the same narrow minded trollop! There may well be women like you describe above but does it ever occur to you there are men who no better if not worse for spending. BTW I am a man you fool!

Plavt.

Alter Ego

Post by Alter Ego » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 8:19 pm

These women go all out on that feminist garbage so they can have the right to work and yet they still want to sit around, chit chatting and shopping. Nothing useful in that. If you want to spend it you gotta earn it ladies.

Bet you think you look great in a skirt Plavt.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 8:24 pm

Alter Ego wrote:These women go all out on that feminist garbage so they can have the right to work and yet they still want to sit around, chit chatting and shopping. Nothing useful in that. If you want to spend it you gotta earn it ladies.

Bet you think you look great in a skirt Plavt.
Why is it there is always some 'thickhead' like you who does nothing other than to seek to have the last say in order to force his own worthless and ill considered point upon others? I should of course realize that being able to consider and analyze is beyond a pathetic and puny sized brain which in your case is around the size of pinhead. Now tie a lead weight around your neck go to the quayside and jump in, it will be the only sensible thing you have done in a very long time!

Plavt.

bushbride
Regular
Regular

Post by bushbride » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 9:22 pm

I am lost for words. Think I need chocolate...