Singapore Expats

Water sports - swimming and scuba diving

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Aussie girl

Water sports - swimming and scuba diving

Post by Aussie girl » Sat, 02 Oct 2004 6:46 pm

Hi, just wondering if there are any public 25/50m outdoor pools for lap swimming? And some tips on scuba diving on weekends - would be great to hear of any dive shop groups, where you can hire equipment aswell.

Post by Guest » Sun, 03 Oct 2004 12:22 pm

Any public pool in Singapore would be the standard olympic sized pool. Only problem is there are alot of annoying people who do not swim in laps and sometimes you butt heads with 'em.

If you live near holland village, the nearest pool would be Buona Vista swimming complex. Its like a dollar odd an entry.

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Sun, 03 Oct 2004 12:57 pm

Diving in Singapore is pretty bad, you need to head up the Malaysian east coast or to Indonesia (further than Bintan) to get decent visibility...

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Water sports - swimming and scuba diving

Post by joop » Sun, 03 Oct 2004 1:04 pm

Aussie girl wrote:Hi, just wondering if there are any public 25/50m outdoor pools for lap swimming? And some tips on scuba diving on weekends - would be great to hear of any dive shop groups, where you can hire equipment aswell.
I think Toa Payoh public pool has a diving pool.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

bonnie

Swiming

Post by bonnie » Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:26 pm

There are alot of 50m pool in singapore. I swam at Beuna Vista alot when I lived in Singapore before and never really had much of a "traffic" problem. Are you a competitive swimmer/ triathaloner? I'm moving back to Singapore the end of October and am looking for people to train with.
[email protected]

ex athlete

Post by ex athlete » Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:06 pm

I used to swim with the southern cross masters team. always easier to swim with like minded swimmers! No public swimming and Darren the coach is great.

www.southerncrossswim.com