Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
AirCon

Post by AirCon » Sun, 05 Feb 2006 11:39 am

M wrote:
prince wrote:haha this forum is kinda unfriendly now... newbies better be careful of what u ask, in case u get flamed. hehe
What do you expect from airheads? :twisted: I'm sure they are "friendly" enough to answer your queries? 8)

M

And just who gives correct, well-written replies instead of total bullshit garbage? Oh, M - you're with your friends again. Definition of airhead?

kwyam1

Post by kwyam1 » Sun, 05 Feb 2006 10:45 pm

anybody applied to silkair and has got a reply from them? bleh :D

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sun, 05 Feb 2006 11:02 pm

kwyam1 wrote:anybody applied to silkair and has got a reply from them? bleh :D
They don't reply to applicants when there are no recruitment drive, do they?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 10:29 am

Hi all, can anyone in SQ enlighten me about how much the starting pay for an "A" level holder is and also if there is a gratuity to be paid by the Company at the end of each 5-year contract? Thank you. :)

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:59 am

ryanstarr wrote:Hi all, can anyone in SQ enlighten me about how much the starting pay for an "A" level holder is and also if there is a gratuity to be paid by the Company at the end of each 5-year contract? Thank you. :)
From what I know about the gratuity, the first 5-year term is a sum of S$15,000, the next 5-year term is S$25,000 and it escalates. It may have changed though. I'm not that sure about the pay.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 12:20 pm

I see...thanks, singaporegirrl. It's the same terms as what the girls were offered years back. Except now with the higher educational qualifications required, the starting pay should be at least 4 figures.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 12:31 pm

ryanstarr wrote:I see...thanks, singaporegirrl. It's the same terms as what the girls were offered years back. Except now with the higher educational qualifications required, the starting pay should be at least 4 figures.

S$1000,-

'nuff said Image

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 2:14 pm

ryanstarr wrote:I see...thanks, singaporegirrl. It's the same terms as what the girls were offered years back. Except now with the higher educational qualifications required, the starting pay should be at least 4 figures.
Hi Ryanstarr,
Yup the pay is in 4 figures. I had juz PM u abt the pay.

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

brownspecs

Scars

Post by brownspecs » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 3:21 pm

Paige wrote:
donno wrote:hey paige,

my relative has been working for CX for 9 years and now she is a flight pursur. she was a former silkair stewardess. she also applied for SIA after working for SilkAir but she failed the kebaya test due to some scars.

The another person i know, she join SIA after working for SilkAir. Although she was average looking, she made it. and i think it is because of her experience and her pleasant personality.

I think CX still recruit Singaporean as my friend's sister joined CX last year. She applied through the net.

Sometimes they look for Malay, Thai and Tagalog speaking crew,definitely, Hong Kongers cant speak those languages.

Thanks..

IS there any FLIGHT ATTENDANT here???

please tell us abt ur experience and interview.
Hi Dunno,
What sort of scars did she have while trying for the Kebaya?

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Scars

Post by Plavt » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 5:43 pm

brownspecs wrote: What sort of scars did she have while trying for the Kebaya?

What sort of arms and legs did she have?

Plavt. :lol:

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 5:58 pm

Thank you, Vaucluse and Paige...you 2 have been most helpful. I have replied to the private message, thanks so much! Would be glad to share my experience of flying with SQ with anyone out there who is curious. Take care... :)

prince

Post by prince » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:05 pm

ryanstarr wrote:Thank you, Vaucluse and Paige...you 2 have been most helpful. I have replied to the private message, thanks so much! Would be glad to share my experience of flying with SQ with anyone out there who is curious. Take care... :)
hihi ryanstarr.. i just got into sq too! r u a steward or stewardess?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:13 pm

prince wrote:
ryanstarr wrote:Thank you, Vaucluse and Paige...you 2 have been most helpful. I have replied to the private message, thanks so much! Would be glad to share my experience of flying with SQ with anyone out there who is curious. Take care... :)

If the avatar is anything to go by, she'd be a lady and you'd be quite silly for asking (ideally suited for this forum) - if the reverse is true then I'd look silly for being logical and ryanstarr would be sexually confused.

'nuff said Image

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:30 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
prince wrote:

If the avatar is anything to go by, she'd be a lady and you'd be quite silly for asking (ideally suited for this forum) - if the reverse is true then I'd look silly for being logical and ryanstarr would be sexually confused.
I've had a good long look at Ryanstarr's Avatar pic and a couple of points have made me conclude that she's a she.

but then again I could be joining you in looking silly.

(Mr V, I think we're pretty safe here :wink: )

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:09 am

Saint wrote:[
I've had a good long look at Ryanstarr's Avatar pic and a couple of points have made me conclude that she's a she.

but then again I could be joining you in looking silly.

(Mr V, I think we're pretty safe here :wink: )

:lol:

'nuff said Image