Singapore Expats

I need help from Gurus

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
exsaloon

I need help from Gurus

Post by exsaloon » Thu, 02 Feb 2006 10:38 am

Hi gurus,

I would like to check with you guys, from your experience. Any ways to create effective awareness for my product? I hope that i can set my budget low for other things. Pls advice.

Thank You

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 02 Feb 2006 10:18 pm

It would depend a lot on what you are selling and who your target market is.

Bafana

Re: I need help from Gurus

Post by Bafana » Fri, 03 Feb 2006 4:22 pm

exsaloon wrote:Hi gurus,

I would like to check with you guys, from your experience. Any ways to create effective awareness for my product? I hope that i can set my budget low for other things. Pls advice.

Thank You
Give me some free usuable non-returnable samples and I will let you know :cool:
Be Like Water

exsaloon

Post by exsaloon » Fri, 17 Feb 2006 1:03 am

Strong Eagle wrote:It would depend a lot on what you are selling and who your target market is.
Thanx for ur idea and sorry for the late reply. i m dealing wif hp jewelleries.i had juz advertised on a mag but the response is not up to my expectation. hw :(

exsaloon

Re: I need help from Gurus

Post by exsaloon » Fri, 17 Feb 2006 1:04 am

Bafana wrote:
exsaloon wrote:Hi gurus,

Thank You
Give me some free usuable non-returnable samples and I will let you know :cool:
dun like tat lah. my firm is juz a small fry in the market leh... :lol:

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Festival

Post by Scorpion » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 1:35 am

exsaloon wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:It would depend a lot on what you are selling and who your target market is.
Thanx for ur idea and sorry for the late reply. i m dealing wif hp jewelleries.i had juz advertised on a mag but the response is not up to my expectation. hw :(

how is ur bussiness now !?
Why don't try get a temporary shop on a week basis @when there are events arranged next to the interchanges. :) which has temporary shops displaying their products.
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:41 pm

You create awareness by means of advertisement, promotions amongst others...

..which I see you have done.

It also depends on the intensity of the promotion/s but bear in mind that is dependant on your product/s.

May I suggest you have a tie-in promotion say with some entity selling cellphone covers, cases etc.

It's a tough market for what you're selling unless you have something unique to offer.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

estrina

Post by estrina » Mon, 27 Mar 2006 2:19 pm

Hey if you need help on marketing collateral such as website, brochures, posters, etc, do buzz me at [email protected]. I'm a freelance multimedia designer, maybe I can help you :)

exsaloon

Re: Festival

Post by exsaloon » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:54 pm

Scorpion wrote:
exsaloon wrote:

how is ur bussiness now !?
Why don't try get a temporary shop on a week basis @when there are events arranged next to the interchanges. :) which has temporary shops displaying their products.
I would like to but due to the branding set by the supplier, i canot do such way. Anyway thanks for your info. i am grateful for this. I welcome more thanks.

exsaloon

Post by exsaloon » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:56 pm

tiki wrote:You create awareness by means of advertisement, promotions amongst others...

..which I see you have done.

It also depends on the intensity of the promotion/s but bear in mind that is dependant on your product/s.

May I suggest you have a tie-in promotion say with some entity selling cellphone covers, cases etc.

It's a tough market for what you're selling unless you have something unique to offer.
Indeed. This is a great idea too, i should work towards it. I hope to be able to do it.

exsaloon

Post by exsaloon » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:57 pm

estrina wrote:Hey if you need help on marketing collateral such as website, brochures, posters, etc, do buzz me at [email protected]. I'm a freelance multimedia designer, maybe I can help you :)

okie thank you. i will.

pablo

Post by pablo » Thu, 20 Apr 2006 8:59 pm

You would need some good exposure for your products with maximum exposure and low overheads. Try the E-commerce way - target not just the Singapore market but the rest of the world too. I tried advertising in the Straits Times and Magazines but through the exposure of the Internet I have a virtual shop 24hrs a day, 7dys a week at a fraction of what I pay for a Hardcopy Advertisement. May be worth a shot.

ironlady
Regular
Regular

Dial-A-Beer

Post by ironlady » Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:51 pm

Hi there , a friend of mine had suggested that we open a DIAL-A-BEER business ,,freelance..meaning that people actually call us for delivery of beer and liquor.. but of cos there will be a minimum order and we sent it to the place of delivery... can the man out there tell me if such a business will work out...

anyone keen to joint venture.. also ,does anyone know where I can get the license from ?

Thanks!
Life is not like a smooth sailing ship.It has ups n downs

exsaloon

Post by exsaloon » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 9:56 pm

pablo wrote:You would need some good exposure for your products with maximum exposure and low overheads. Try the E-commerce way - target not just the Singapore market but the rest of the world too. I tried advertising in the Straits Times and Magazines but through the exposure of the Internet I have a virtual shop 24hrs a day, 7dys a week at a fraction of what I pay for a Hardcopy Advertisement. May be worth a shot.
Thanxz actually i have tot of that too but the cost of it kinda of high hence have to hold up this idea. btw hw much did u spend on this?

exsaloon

Re: Dial-A-Beer

Post by exsaloon » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 9:58 pm

ironlady wrote:Hi there , a friend of mine had suggested that we open a DIAL-A-BEER business ,,freelance..meaning that people actually call us for delivery of beer and liquor.. but of cos there will be a minimum order and we sent it to the place of delivery... can the man out there tell me if such a business will work out...

anyone keen to joint venture.. also ,does anyone know where I can get the license from ?

Thanks!
whether it can work out or not, it is a chance to give it a try. If u dun try uwill nt know. correct mi if i m wrong.