Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Sun, 29 Jan 2006 11:00 pm

donno wrote:hi bent..

i think u wana be steward..

the requirements are..........
minimum height of 1.65m
minimum A level with credit in GP
OR
a diploma from local POLYTECHNIC..
must complete NS or exempted..

preference will be given to those who are experience in dealing with people or can speak a foreign language...

Stewardesses work based on contract..

But STEWARDS can work till retirement at the age of 60 i think...

how old are u bent?? and when do u wanna apply for SIA?
Hi Donno & Bent,
The retirement age for air steward is 62 now. At about late 40s, you will be an Inflight Supervisor, PROVIDED that SQ renew your contract with them.

Cheers!
Paige

AirCon

Post by AirCon » Sun, 29 Jan 2006 11:02 pm

bent. Are you?

bent

Post by bent » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:57 am

AirCon wrote:bent. Are you?
am i what?

anyway, i am interested in being an air steward in the future. i am now 18, serving NS...

so like is it better to have some work experience b4 applying for an air steward position? (ok, i guess this is a dumb qn) i asked coz i have like zero work experience...oops..

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 1:44 am

bent wrote:
am i what?

anyway, i am interested in being an air steward in the future. i am now 18, serving NS...

so like is it better to have some work experience b4 applying for an air steward position? (ok, i guess this is a dumb qn) i asked coz i have like zero work experience...oops..
Hi Bent,
SQ MITE prefer people without working experience, as they find that it is easier to mold into their standards n culture.

Cheers,
Paige :wink:

kiki_lim81

Post by kiki_lim81 » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 1:51 am

Hi Plyn & Reenita :D

Thank you both very much for the info!

AirCon

Post by AirCon » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 8:11 am

bent wrote:
am i what?

Dumb question, or qn - eys it is

"bent. Are you" Exactly

prince

Post by prince » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:48 am

donno wrote:hi bent..

i think u wana be steward..

the requirements are..........
minimum height of 1.65m
minimum A level with credit in GP
OR
a diploma from local POLYTECHNIC..
must complete NS or exempted..

preference will be given to those who are experience in dealing with people or can speak a foreign language...

Stewardesses work based on contract..

But STEWARDS can work till retirement at the age of 60 i think...

how old are u bent?? and when do u wanna apply for SIA?

now stewards are also based on contracts liao. 5 years contract. then subject to renewal.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 9:11 pm

stylus wrote:
- Can't swim? THERE IS A F**CK... lifevest. WILL someone please explain the usuage of a lifevest to those people?
Not sure if you are just joking here sicne much of what you said made good sense. There was something of a long discussion on this which you may have seen and there are a few poor fools who just did not get the fact that you must be able to swim.

Plavt.

stylus

Post by stylus » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 9:35 pm

My dear Plavt

interviewees will all be wearing the life vest, which will be inflated by flowing sm air into the 2 red tubes. The real test is when it's your turn to jump, and getting across the pool.

as long as you get across the pool on your back, which is what we called BACKSTROKE. you don't even have to worry about floating or drowning.
i have known many people who claimed that they can't swim, till now that they are flying, and they still can't swim, but how did they ever get across the pool?

by luck or they flew across? Doubt so. :D

If you are still worried, please go for a crash lesson. If still scared, don't go for interview.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:20 pm

Wow stylus is so straight forward. I hope people start realising instead of saying that stylus is another one who's trying to demotivate people in this forum like what they said about Plavt, Quasimodo, etc.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 1:08 am

Thank you for your reply, the way you worded your original post as regards this is a bit confusing. You have confirmed a point I was making to a different poster (have look back several pages and you will see who I mean).

BTW I am not an applicant I just like to point out where some people make mistakes, how they could best approach their goal since I am old enough to look at my own mistakes-surprise it might be to some (might start a different thread on that theme), the rumors as well as answer one or two idiots.

Plavt.

jaz_collections

Post by jaz_collections » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 3:04 am

It's definitely great to be a SIA cabin crew..

prince

Post by prince » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:09 am

hmm.. pardon me for being straight forward as well. i dun mean any harm. i just feel that yes, they are facts and i agree with all the points abt ppl not bothering to read up b4 asking a qn, asking silly questions etc etc, BUT i feel that there is a nice way to be straight forward instead of being rude or mean. this is a skill all flight attendant shld have too. hope im not offending anyone by posting this. i just tot that this forum's main objective is to help one another... but i feel it's becoming a tad bitchy.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 2:05 pm

Possibly you feel it's 'becoming a bit bitchy' because some posters are finally being given the right directions but are too thick to understand = hence the stronger words.
They will become or stay prennial losers if all they hear is that it was bad luck that they didn't pass the tests or interviews.
Do you not agree that straight talking is more helpful than pussy-footing arouns and saying 'oh, bad luck, next time it will be better' - which does nothing to address the issue of WHY the applicant failed?

'nuff said Image

Deshi

Post by Deshi » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 3:46 pm

Hie there is anyone here going for the final interview on the 08th feb at 10.00am..just wondering if we could meet up on that day.. :)