Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
vividh

Double eyelid surgery in Seoul

Post by vividh » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 8:43 am

Does anyone know anything about this oz cosmetic clinic in Seoul http://www.drpark.co.kr/eng/sub01.htm

Rabbit
Regular
Regular

Post by Rabbit » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 3:25 am

Hi Dolphin,

Thx for the info! Finally I know why many doc cover the implant tip with ear cartilage liao!

I come across a web-site showing exactly where to harvest the ear cartilage which seems leave no scar, but, sorry, forgot to bookmark. May be you can do a google search, there should be many site showing such info as it's common cartilage source for rhinoplasty.

The other source is Septal cartilage... not sure when and where to use it though...

Rdgs,
Rabbit

mountain

Post by mountain » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:00 am

Rabbit,

Have you decided on which PS for your nose job?

good luck :D

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 7:19 pm

Hi all!! Remember that I had an operation of my nose and jaw, which I am not satisfied with my results? I have called the doctor from NUH and was asked to be seen by him again next friday. Very headache!!!

One lesson I have learnt from this experience: Always communicate well with your doctor before he does any operation on you. Don't assume he knows just because he says he gets the idea! TELL HIM WHAT YOU WANT and let me advise you on whether is it possible to get results and how to get it.

For me, the important part on telling him what I want EXACTLY, with pictures and all - I told him what I wanted during my consultation - HAPPENED AT THE SURGICAL TABLE. And then, with my overwhelming fear from the needles poking in me, I think he told me .. oh you want that! I try my best ok? I am like .. fainted... so I crossed my fingers and hope that all will be well. It had been 1 and a half months after the operation, the swelling is almost all gone. As I looked the results, I am not satisfied with it at all. My jaw is now slanted to one side. And my nose - done by another doctor but within the same operation - that I had complained before in my previous posts, is only slimmer by a little WHEN I DON'T SMILE. I am like SUPER SIGH!!! Unlike girls who can use makeup to make it a little better, I can't!

So now, I am exploring my options and have to listen to what the NUH doctor have to tell me. But I think I still wanna go see Dr. Woffles Wu and see what can he help me with! I am quite keen to meet up people who had done procedures by Dr. Woffles Wu.. anyone?

hatemynose

Post by hatemynose » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:55 pm

Hey guys...

Its been 10 days after my nose operation at BKClinic in Korea by Dr Kim - whos the only one there fluent in English, and also a very famous Dr in Korea. He also added an implant for "myNose" on this forum. Although im quite disappointed with the consultation and little time i get to talk to him cause hes SOOOO busy, im really happy with the result! His skill is incredible.

The tip and some parts of my nose is still quite swollen, but i can see the results of two parts really well. My nostrils width is clearly reduced, and it matches the facial harmony of my other face features much better. The other part i can see is the implant between my eyes. I think its called dorsum argumentation. You know how caucassians have a bridge at the part between their eyes? Now i have that too and it makes my eyes stand out more, - it looks more deepset and better overall..

Its still swollen and im told after a month it will be 70% unswollen. After 6 months, 95% and after 1 year 100%.

Im meeting some of the guys who went to YanHee after i come back to Singapore, as they are curious to see my Made In korea nose...! If anyone else wants to tag along to look and for some advice or ure just curious to see, you'll welcome to come! PM me.

I might write a more detailed report + precautions to take if im free later... for people who are interested in going Korea. But let me tell you first, for nose reduction, its not cheap, the op alone cost -5.5k SGD for me. A simple implant will cost 2kusd -> 3.6k SGD.

But of course it is 100% worth it. Real happy with the outcome!

mountain

Post by mountain » Sun, 29 Jan 2006 12:38 am

Hate my nose...
what kind of implant did you have?

I'm glad that you're happy with the outcome..

you must look really pretty now :D

_john_

skin whitening

Post by _john_ » Sun, 29 Jan 2006 7:32 am

Guys,

Does anyone know any "shots" or anything available for skin whitening? There are lotsa products out there... but do you know of anything that works?

Thanks a bunch.

blinkk

Post by blinkk » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 5:47 am

Hello, i am so glad that i found this thread! Cos i can't find much information on the net pertaining to p.s in the singapore scene, but this thread is really informative!

Hi Jovin and viewers of this thread, hope you can offer some advise on this;
I've read a few pages back on liposuction and i was thinking of doing it just on the face but not anywhere else on the body cos i got quite a 'chubby' look.. But i do not know which 'type' of facial liposuction are there. i remember theres a page where someone mentioned laser liposuction. Is it an invasive and painful procedure? Or are there other cheaper, less painful and preferably minimally invasive procedures that you guys know of?

Also, I am thinking of 'correcting' my chin cos its abit too protruding outwards if you can picture what i mean. My chin is somehow a bit slanted outwards (normally, from the botttom of the lower lip, the chin will slope down at 90 degrees but for my case my chin starts to slant out at about 80 degrees counting from north after my bottom lips). I dunno if its the flesh of my chin getting thicker or not but it is really disturbing..I was thinking of making it inwards a bit or slimming it. Is there such a procedure?
SOrry for the lengthy post as i was too delighted at finding this thread but at the same time feeling vex to have all these problems with me.. I will be thankful of any pieces of advise you guys can give me as i need it badly. Thanks in advance!

hatemynose

Post by hatemynose » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 8:48 pm

mountain wrote:Hate my nose...
what kind of implant did you have?

I'm glad that you're happy with the outcome..

you must look really pretty now :D
Hi, i had a silicon implant, and it was I shape.

No, i do not look pretty, and i don't want to look pretty ^^

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: skin whitening

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:28 pm

Hi _John_,

yes, there are whitening injection available in Taiwan, but it's not proven to work. It will take quite some time to see effect, and it's not really cheap (a few thousand dollars).

I can't say i'm using the best combo, but currently i am using Estee Lauder Cyber White cleanser (think should be available in Singapore, don't know, because got it from Taiwan), L'Oreal whitening Night Cream (try Eversoft Whitening Repair cream, it has won best whitening night cream < $30 award in Singapore Women's Weekly magazine. I can't find it that is why i bought the L'oreal one in the end), i don't use toner, as for moisturizer and sunblock i use Skin Food one. They have a reallllyyyyy good Green Tea sunblock that is SPF27. Not oily, smells great too! And, not expensive. I will apply their Pear Essence moisturizer first, followed by their sunblock. Sunblock with high SPF is a MUST if you want fair skin!

So far i am around 3-4 shades fairer than before, and i love looking fair now! (used to go suntanning frequently last time, as i thought fair people looks sickly). I believe the main attribute to me turning fair within a short couple of months is my Skin Food sunblock as well as my Estee Lauder cleanser. Estee Lauder have a Cyber White whitening lotion too, will buy and try!

Try Kose whitening mask. Heard raving reviews on that product. I am going to buy when i go shopping! The main point is, don't depend on only 1 whitening product and believe it will work miracle. Try using the full range.

Actually, i realised that not everybody will look good with fair skin. If you are skinny/bony, you will end up looking sick. If you unluckily fits that description, fear not! Try putting on some weight then embark on your fair-skin journey! Looking yellowish/pale is different from looking fair. Try chinese tonic to nourish your "chi" and build up your immune system. I consume chinese herbal tonic frequently, and i personally can prove that it contributes to the colour of your face, let alone immune system. I seldom fall sick after my frequent consumption of my "miracle water", hee. Next, i do not know if you dare to eat chicken feet or skin of fish, but they helps in collagen build-up too! Errrr, this one not scientific-proven huh, only Jovin-proven. Hee.

/Jovin
_john_ wrote:Guys,

Does anyone know any "shots" or anything available for skin whitening? There are lotsa products out there... but do you know of anything that works?

Thanks a bunch.
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:45 pm

Hi,

My PS who did my nose also suggested liposuction on my cheeks to remove excessive fats, and it's call 脸部抽脂. He quoted me NTD$40000, equivalent to S$2050, so expect to pay around that price if you are doing that procedure. 2 tiny holes (1 at each side) will be cutted at the side of your face somewhere around the base of your earlobe, and the tube will go through and make it's way to your cheeks, and fats will be sucked out. Your cheeks will swell for 1, 2 weeks, but you won't look like a pig-head, just that you will look as per normal. Some bruising is expected.

As for the question on "painful or not?", it's really a very individual answer. It depends on the pain threshold of a person. Some people says plucking eyebrow is very painful, but some says it's not. Get the idea? But whichever procedure you are doing, always be a good gal, take your medicine promptly. You can avoid any unnecessary pain and suffering. I once extracted my wisdom tooth, and do not know when to take my painkiller so i waited. I waited and waited, and when the excruciating pain comes, wahhhhhh... my face turns green. So, learn from my lesson :)

As for your chin, yes, it is correctable. But it's best left to the recommendation of a reputable PS to suggest what you can do, not us who might not even know the difference between botox and detox... haha!

/Jovin

blinkk wrote:Hello, i am so glad that i found this thread! Cos i can't find much information on the net pertaining to p.s in the singapore scene, but this thread is really informative!

Hi Jovin and viewers of this thread, hope you can offer some advise on this;
I've read a few pages back on liposuction and i was thinking of doing it just on the face but not anywhere else on the body cos i got quite a 'chubby' look.. But i do not know which 'type' of facial liposuction are there. i remember theres a page where someone mentioned laser liposuction. Is it an invasive and painful procedure? Or are there other cheaper, less painful and preferably minimally invasive procedures that you guys know of?

Also, I am thinking of 'correcting' my chin cos its abit too protruding outwards if you can picture what i mean. My chin is somehow a bit slanted outwards (normally, from the botttom of the lower lip, the chin will slope down at 90 degrees but for my case my chin starts to slant out at about 80 degrees counting from north after my bottom lips). I dunno if its the flesh of my chin getting thicker or not but it is really disturbing..I was thinking of making it inwards a bit or slimming it. Is there such a procedure?
SOrry for the lengthy post as i was too delighted at finding this thread but at the same time feeling vex to have all these problems with me.. I will be thankful of any pieces of advise you guys can give me as i need it badly. Thanks in advance!

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:02 pm

Hi,

I somewhat agree and also disagree with what you say. I agree that communication with your PS is very important, but i don't believe in telling your PS what kind of nose/eyes/whatsoever you want to achieve in hope he can create exactly what you want. If you step into a PS office carrying a photo of a movie star/model and says "i want this nose!", mentally you are not a suitable candidate for plastic surgery. I have a short bridge and quite a small nose, so if i insisted that i want a Qi Qi nose (that super tall HK model, SKII spokesperson. Her's is super long and super high), i think i will end up looking like Michael Jackson Number 2. Hee. But yes, i agree that you can use a picture as a REFERENCE, asking if it is possible. Not to demand an exact same nose/eyes/etc. I believe this is also what you are trying to get across :)

Hmmm my dear, you have a totally different set of problem, so why do you need to meet-up/communicate with someone who has done a procedure with Woffles Wu? Just go and get a consultation with him! :)

/Jovin

wenhwa wrote:Hi all!! Remember that I had an operation of my nose and jaw, which I am not satisfied with my results? I have called the doctor from NUH and was asked to be seen by him again next friday. Very headache!!!

One lesson I have learnt from this experience: Always communicate well with your doctor before he does any operation on you. Don't assume he knows just because he says he gets the idea! TELL HIM WHAT YOU WANT and let me advise you on whether is it possible to get results and how to get it.

For me, the important part on telling him what I want EXACTLY, with pictures and all - I told him what I wanted during my consultation - HAPPENED AT THE SURGICAL TABLE. And then, with my overwhelming fear from the needles poking in me, I think he told me .. oh you want that! I try my best ok? I am like .. fainted... so I crossed my fingers and hope that all will be well. It had been 1 and a half months after the operation, the swelling is almost all gone. As I looked the results, I am not satisfied with it at all. My jaw is now slanted to one side. And my nose - done by another doctor but within the same operation - that I had complained before in my previous posts, is only slimmer by a little WHEN I DON'T SMILE. I am like SUPER SIGH!!! Unlike girls who can use makeup to make it a little better, I can't!

So now, I am exploring my options and have to listen to what the NUH doctor have to tell me. But I think I still wanna go see Dr. Woffles Wu and see what can he help me with! I am quite keen to meet up people who had done procedures by Dr. Woffles Wu.. anyone?

hatemynose

Post by hatemynose » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:09 am

jovinliu wrote:Hi,

I somewhat agree and also disagree with what you say. I agree that communication with your PS is very important, but i don't believe in telling your PS what kind of nose/eyes/whatsoever you want to achieve in hope he can create exactly what you want. If you step into a PS office carrying a photo of a movie star/model and says "i want this nose!", mentally you are not a suitable candidate for plastic surgery. I have a short bridge and quite a small nose, so if i insisted that i want a Qi Qi nose (that super tall HK model, SKII spokesperson. Her's is super long and super high), i think i will end up looking like Michael Jackson Number 2. Hee. But yes, i agree that you can use a picture as a REFERENCE, asking if it is possible. Not to demand an exact same nose/eyes/etc. I believe this is also what you are trying to get across :)

/Jovin
For all those who wish to undergo rhinplasty surgery....what Jovin said is very true... "Beauty" is in the proportions and ratio of your features in relation to one another. You will not look good with some1 else's nose if it does not fit your face. Also, what the surgeon can do depends on what he starts with. I showed Martin Huang a picture of Dawn Yeo's nose and he told me it wasn't possible. But i did not want her nose, because it would not suit my face. I showed him that because I wanted a nose that would suit my face in the ratio like how it fit her face.

If you can understand these two points and the PS understands that and is skilled enough to perform that - you will definetly be very happy with the outcome of the surgery.

I didn't notice the female nose, but for guy noses - look at Tom Cruise, Won Bin and Owen Wilson noses. Individually by itself, i can go as far to say that their nose shape is below average in terms of attractiveness. But the width and size of their nose (not the shape) are able to fix perfectly with their face, and as result they still look very handsome.

Tom Cruise

Won Bin

Owen Wilson

http://www.drpark.co.kr/eng/med02.htm - The korean PS clinic which some1 posted ontop says bascially the same thing..

Oriental Rhinoplasty

The same goal exists for rhinoplasty performed on Asians as for rhinoplasty performed on Caucasians, which is to build a natural-appearing structure that blends harmoniously with the face.
As a group, Asians require augmentation of the nose to achieve this result, in contrast to Caucasians who usually require reduction.
As with other types of surgery performed on Asians, successful surgery results in a feature consistent with the patient's ethnic identity. Thus an attractive Asian nose should result, not an attractive Caucasian nose on an Asian face.

Some of the indications that you may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty are:

your nose appears too small or too short for your face
there is a bump on the nasal bridge when viewed in profile
your nose seems too wide when viewed from the front
the nasal tip droops or plunges
the tip is thickened or enlarged
your nostrils are excessively flared
your nose is off-center or crooked
previous injury has made your nose asymmetrical

It is important that you have a clear idea of how you would like your nose to look and, at the same time, realize that there are limitations to the procedure. Patients with sufficient physical and emotional maturity who undergo rhinoplasty because they want to enhance their self-image are usually very satisfied with their decision.

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 3:17 am

The reason for why I wanted to see people who had done their op with Dr. Woffles Wu is just to facilitate better understanding of the doctor. So ya.. that's why.

And another thing, as Jovin had done quite a fair bit of plastic surgery, I tot it would be interesting to meet people like you to learn from your experience. Instead of just chatting online, seeing the results of the procedures for oneself would be wholesome and fun! - though a girl's nose would not fit my profile.

mountain

Post by mountain » Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:28 am

Hate My nose is a man..

what about My nose...

wonder who did Dawn Yeong's nose and eyes..

she looks so different...

JOvin are you going to proceed with chin implant?
or cheek lippo?
:D