Singapore Expats

Career in Fashion Merchandising

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Career in Fashion Merchandising

Post by Guest » Fri, 24 Sep 2004 4:37 am

Any contributions on the career prospects in fashion merchandising in Singapore?

UC

Post by UC » Fri, 01 Oct 2004 3:07 pm

Unfortunately....the local industry is still relatively weak.

rollerband

Post by rollerband » Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:20 am

I agree with UC,
Unless SG's living is like HK, where fashion is in demand. Where ppl are more daring to venture to world market. Furthermore, pre-requisite entry is the experience that count .. not qualification O' level or Master PhD. .....
Has anyone here have any merchanding job in SG ? I got a applicant from HK. Fashion Merchandiser experience for 4 years. Pls PM me.
thks
Chat nonsense, the best past-time.....

raninut

Im in the Fashion Industry too!

Post by raninut » Sat, 11 Dec 2004 1:23 pm

Hi.
Im having the same problems i think. I am qualified and experienced as a Fashion Designer/Merchandiser and have held various positions in the Fashion Industry in INdia, Japan, Bangkok, USA....BUT i have having such a hard time finding recruiters and Companies that look for poeple in this Industry......i am looking to relocate to Singapore and have had my mind set on that the last 6 months....just cant find a job and its really a lack of direction.
Email me at [email protected] if you want to share info. and see what we could figure out that might make it better.
Thanks.

Raninut

Sure i can contribute!

Post by Raninut » Sat, 11 Dec 2004 1:26 pm

I could send you my Cv and with that you will notice that i am highly qualified, experienced and talented in this creative Industry. Pls do email me.

magenta388

i'm a sweater senior merchandiser in hk,hard to find job

Post by magenta388 » Wed, 15 Dec 2004 1:22 pm

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
Hi,

I'm a sweater Senior Merchandiser in HK, Higher certificate (=Dipolma) holder in Fashion & Clothing fm HK Poly U and got 11 years experience in this field. When I've emigranted to Singapore fm this Aug and got the PR IC, I've still not got job until now. It's very hard to look for merchandising job here, when I browse the website (even job agency) to look for job, always hard to find garment merchandising. Is that such worse in Singapore? Or it just a year end so that's not many job offer? Can somebody tell me? Or send me email, email address : [email protected]

Chrystabelle

Fashion Merchandising Queries

Post by Chrystabelle » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:19 pm

Hi. I am a fashion merchandising student studying in Singapore's Temasek Poly and i need to do an interview with a professional fashion merchandiser. Can anyone help me here? Because i don't have any contacts and i don't wanna fail my project! Thanks!

Re: i'm a sweater senior merchandiser in hk,hard to find job

Post by Guest » Thu, 21 Jul 2005 1:00 am

magenta388 wrote: [font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
Hi,

I'm a sweater Senior Merchandiser in HK, Higher certificate (=Dipolma) holder in Fashion & Clothing fm HK Poly U and got 11 years experience in this field. When I've emigranted to Singapore fm this Aug and got the PR IC, I've still not got job until now. It's very hard to look for merchandising job here, when I browse the website (even job agency) to look for job, always hard to find garment merchandising. Is that such worse in Singapore? Or it just a year end so that's not many job offer? Can somebody tell me? Or send me email, email address : [email protected]
I guess if you had done your research before coming here, you wouldn't have come right! What makes you think Singapore is a fashion centre, Orchard Road! Come on wise up! Christ I'm not even in the fashion industry, But it took me about 2 days, to realise, that Fashion here is dead. I was thinking of being agent for some Danish design. but christ this is a whole in the ground. Singapore relies on exports, and shipping lanes for god sake!

SUNNY7369

Finding a Merchandising job here in Singapore

Post by SUNNY7369 » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 4:04 pm

I am here for the last 25 days and trying to find a job in merchandising, but with no luck. All the advertisements were applied to but in vain. NO REPLY ????

WHY ? Is there no vacancy ? Dont they want to emply people from foreign country ?