Singapore Expats

Seeking Investors for IT Business & Research

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
PITSolutions

Seeking Investors for IT Business & Research

Post by PITSolutions » Mon, 23 Jan 2006 3:12 pm

Hi, pardon me if I've posted this message in the wrong place.

I'm presently a Sole Prorpietor. Starting out an IT Business. Doing IT Solutions & Research Provider. Have received numerous encouragements that starting out on IT right now is a perfect timing. Becos' the IT industry is once again picking up. I admit that I'm one without much money, and all I have is crazy ideas and more determination that I can measure.

What I'm seeking is Investors who would be interested in making a Venture Investment! Or basically, providing my Business a startup capital. Whichever that might be, I will appreciate the support very much!

And the reasons why I feel investors should and can invest in my business & research is becos' I have a gift of foresight. I'm able to think way ahead before someone else have any idea of what is coming to pass.
I'm not looking at providing products. But rather, I aim to provide solutions. And that is one edge I have over my competitors. With customized solutions, my potential clients and customers would never have to think or worry about buying another software product anymore.

As for my strategy, I believe in aiming at my target board, and not waste my focusing energy on my competitors. Everyone is unique, and we all have our own styles. Therefore, I aim to provide the best services I can provide. And not only that, excellence will the the core value of my business.

As for investment benefits, I will arrange for you, depending on the amount you would like to invest. For people making such investments, you know its the right choice to make.

Currently, I'm seeking a capital, or investment of up to $300,000. Basically, to find a place to set up my research environment, getting the required equipments, monthly maintenance of the venue, purchasing required softwares, and other miscellaneous equipments.

Interested parties, please email to me at [email protected]

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 23 Jan 2006 5:53 pm

First of all, clean up your English. "Becos'" is not a word. If you are going to make solicitations for funds, being grammatically correct will be useful to you. You are in competition with others for investment money. Do all that you can to create the impression you will deal with it wisely.

Secondly, no one will fund you without a business plan. What is your market? Who are your competitors? What are their strengths and weaknesses? What are your assumptions about the market?

What are your growth plans? You will need at least three years of pro forma financial statements showing where you will earn your money, what your expenses will be, and what your profits will be. Are you offering equity? Or do you just want a loan? If a loan, that will be very hard to get. You might consider SME financing, but again, they will want a business plan and financials before considering you.

And now my assessment. You are entering into a commodity world. Competition is fierce from India, and lately, China and Vietnam. It will be hard to generate the returns most investors will want to see because of heavy price competition. If you really do have something that differentiates you from the rest of the world out there, you need to have it clearly spelled out in your business plan... what it is and why it will make you successful. Simply saying you have 'foresight' won't cut it... you must demonstrate previous examples, you must provide examples of your current foresight and how you will translate that into dollars.

Good luck to you.