Singapore Expats

Travel in Germany and Holland ( Hi Eric!)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Shilo2010
Chatter
Chatter

Travel in Germany and Holland ( Hi Eric!)

Post by Shilo2010 » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 5:59 am

Hi everyone.
Hope you have all been keeping well.

I’m off for a whirl wind fourteen days in Germany in April.
I’m starting in Frankfurt and heading to Horen in Holland where my mother was born and have relitives, then back again to Frankfurt.
I have never been before and wondering if anyone has any advice ( Especially Eric and Carpe diem).

I am interested in seeing as many historical sites as possible as well as beautiful scenery.
With this in mind, what would be a good relitively direct route?

I will not be hiring a car, rather I thought I may travel by rail.
Is it possible to get on and off trains so I can look around a few towns ?
Are trains very regular, such as a couple a day to make disembarking and boarding in this way easy ?

Its early days, I only decided I was going two days ago so have not done a great deal of research yet. Anything else I need to know that I am unaware of yet ?

Thank you.
See ya.

Shilo2010
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Shilo2010 » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 6:02 am

Oh, another thing.
I will be traveling via Singapore on both legs of my jurney.

:-)

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Post by k1w1 » Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:02 pm

Eric and CD seem to be MIA... I thought I would bump your post for you.

Will it be your first time in Singers, Shilo?

Shilo2010
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Shilo2010 » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 8:16 pm

Hi Kiwi.
Thanks, thought I had been forgotten.
Sure is.
Really looking forward to it. Will be a quick trip though, four days (2x2) in Singapore and fourteen in Germany and Holland.
Guess you can only do what you can do and have to take advantage of opportunity when it knocks, as it did.
My Brother is a Pilot with Quantas, I am traveling with him and spending three days in Germany with him, eight days on my own staying with my Auntie in Holland and meeting my brother for another three days back in Germany on his second trip, then flying home with him.
I am able to stay in his motels with him and best of all, its first class all the way.Brothers sure can be handy sometimes!
It all works out remarkably cheap.
I dont really need any tips on Singapore because my brother has been traveling to it for thirty years and I will just follow his lead. He will have a lot of good advice on Holland and Germany too but since I will be on my own on that leg, figured a little inside info from our resident Europeans on the board couldn’t hurt.

Hope your well.
See ya.
:)