Singapore Expats

ko samui

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
robertosergio

ko samui

Post by robertosergio » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:54 am

been reading about the terrible rape and murder of the brit backpacker in ko samui couple of weeks back

without wishing to be offensive I dont think thailand is as safe a place as most people think it is in my personal opinion especially if u are a foreign lady, i remember when i went to Puket a couple of years ago with my ex- girlfriend from the UK, the looks she got from the local Thai guys were quite disturbing, I felt like I always had to be on my guard....maybe i was just paranoid

wonder if anyone here has had the same experience ??

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 2:32 pm

I'd say it is about time you experience Thailand and its supposed rapings and alike, isn't it?

Let us know how it felt?

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 2:34 pm

I think robertosergio should should experience Thailand with may4, den, sqx35453454,,987 and fefe - what a lovely time they would have among the nasty Thai rapists and oglers - terible country - simply terrible. Shocking crime rate . . .

(tongue in cheek, of course)

'nuff said Image

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: ko samui

Post by Plavt » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 2:38 pm

my ex- girlfriend from the UK, the looks she got from the local Thai guys were quite disturbing
Like I get from other people when travelling on the London Underground........

Plavt.

may4
Regular
Regular

Post by may4 » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 6:36 pm

:cry:
Last edited by may4 on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 9:41 pm

There can be no reply to such wisdom.

'nuff said Image

may4
Regular
Regular

Post by may4 » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 1:22 am

:cry:
Last edited by may4 on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 6:48 am

Hey, May4...let's have a little respect here. That girl was from my home town....and it is no joke. Those parents will bury their child so leave off the rapists jokes hey?

And leave the Thai folk alone, like all nations there are scum humans everywhere. You should try walking alone in London, or Cardiff, for that matter, alone......not saying you'd be raped or killed, but it's a scary world, and Thailand has it's own share, just like everywhere.

Sorry, it's just that I happen to know someone who knows the family, and they are just distraught as you can imagine. I know you didn't mean any harm really, but I have a daughter and it fills me with horror....and yes, I know you don't need kids to appreciate the situation.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

fefe

Post by fefe » Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:27 pm

Vaucluse wrote:I think robertosergio should should experience Thailand with may4, den, sqx35453454,,987 and fefe - what a lovely time they would have among the nasty Thai rapists and oglers - terible country - simply terrible. Shocking crime rate . . .

(tongue in cheek, of course)
Well thank you Vancluse for remembering me.

AirCon

Post by AirCon » Sun, 22 Jan 2006 9:36 pm

This forum was in the Straits Times, quoting 'Mad Dog' robertosergio . . . and the Welsh babbler, oh, bubbles

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Sun, 22 Jan 2006 9:40 pm

Well, I've got nothing to hide, I do feel it's a shame when a nation is tarred with the brush of it's lowest demoninations....the scum who rape and murder. They can be from any land, anywhere, and the vastmajority of Thai's are good people as everyone must know, just like we are.

If you look for crap, you'll find it. Look for the good, and then the bad will always be outnumbered. Otherwise it's anarchy and everything goes.

Dylan Thomas.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Wham » Sun, 22 Jan 2006 10:41 pm

AirCon, are you joking re Straits TImes? and if not - what date and context or any other details. Just curious.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

ZIPPY

Post by ZIPPY » Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:33 am

I saw it too.Was in the section qoting threads in forums that had caught the eye.Bubbles making news from the other side of the globe!!

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:46 am

Good job I wasn't my normal self then, wasn't it. The sorts of discussions we've had on here!! The thought of someone policing our chats and taking out the good bits for the Straits Times. Not sure I like that, to be honest.

I've always written as I think, and so do most of us I'm sure you'll agree....but we have times when some of us are low, or when some of us say something the rest of us jump on.....I want those things to be just on the forum, not in the damned newspapers. Yes I know it's an international forum, but it seems much more intimate and friendly than that to me......

Or am I reading too much into our friendships here? I truly think of lots of you as friends, and know that quite a few of you actually are real friends. For instance, when I was down a few months ago I can't tell you the support I had from so many in my personal mail. Thankyou everyone.

I imagine someone out there, with damned little else to do but snoop on our sayings, and giggling with glee as the type off a cut and post email to the Times.....Bah Humbug I say.

Bubbs.

Dylan Thomas.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 8:17 am

It's cutting edge Straits Times reporting.
One in the hand is worth two of something

Return to “General Discussions”