Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jerlyn
Regular
Regular

bestest Luck

Post by jerlyn » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:52 am

All who shared the same passion, bestest luck for the coming rounds..
HAve faith in yourself!
Grace, wawa...and all who have shared joy here! smile.. we are all behind you all!
and singapore ger..i seriously think u shd have the opportunity, the way u carried yourself and your posts here showed efforts and maturity..
DUN worry... ibelieve faith is in your hands, its a matter of time that u will be flying high with passion! You are still young young..kip the faith!
cheers..
Jerlyn Ang

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: bestest Luck

Post by Paige » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 2:11 am

jerlyn wrote:All who shared the same passion, bestest luck for the coming rounds..
HAve faith in yourself!
Grace, wawa...and all who have shared joy here! smile.. we are all behind you all!
and singapore ger..i seriously think u shd have the opportunity, the way u carried yourself and your posts here showed efforts and maturity..
DUN worry... ibelieve faith is in your hands, its a matter of time that u will be flying high with passion! You are still young young..kip the faith!
cheers..
Jerlyn Ang
Well.. I agree wif Jerlyn..
Gals.. Jiayou... all the best to jiajia, erene grace, wawa and the rest too...
Keep us update k?

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Swimming Test

Post by queenie-me » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 9:54 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
Plavt wrote:
Menaquinone wrote: But if swimming skills were so crucial, why weren't they stated clearly in advertisements or is this some thing unspoken?
I must confess, I haven't looked a great deal at the advertisements but that should be stated or they may have assumed that people know this. This all comes back to what I have said so many times on this board do some research. There is nothing worse than somebody turning up for an interview with a company as prestigious as Singapore Airlines and have not an inkling of a clue what the job entails. Besides it says one thing to the interviewer ' I am not interested'. Like it or not that’s what it implies.

What many on this board fail to realize is your primary concern as a flight attendant apart from service is passenger safety. Hope you 'wannabes' will think about that.

Hope I can put up some posts later that will help those who are genuinely interested there are some on this board who don't stand a chance.

Plavt.
I hear you brother. I'm not trying to be a show off coz I've been researching about this job almost every single day. It just pains me when I learnt of people who goes to the interview without full knowledge of the job and make it all the way, but when the contract is in front of her, she thinks twice and then reject it. OR she goes into training but dropped out halfway coz she can't take the stress. I mean why those passionate people who are dying to get this job not getting it but the ones gifted are forsaking it? I don't mean all but there are many who have been this way.

Wannabes should know basic swimming, have compassion, know that the job is not about glamour, know that training would be stressful, know that work will clash with holidays, and who knows what. And of course, don't ask this again, but English IS necessary. It's an international language for goodness sake. Don't expect your cabin crew to be speaking in broken English when serving you right?

Forgive me, some questions like swimming proficiency is unnecessary. Sometimes common sense will provide you with the simplest answer. I hope I do not offend anyone in this post, but forgive me if I do.
Hey Singaporegrrl,

I just got an interview with Tiger Airways. My interview is tommorrow and I'm nervous now. Anyways, why don't u give it a try for other airlines?
I mean Singapore Air is just getting too high on their expectations. Try Emirates or Qatar which you will be base overseas. And they pay you MORE, in USD!

Ps: do u know that tiger goes to darwin in australia too?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:13 am

[quote="queenie-meI just got an interview with Tiger Airways. My interview is tommorrow and I'm nervous now. Anyways, why don't u give it a try for other airlines?
I mean Singapore Air is just getting too high on their expectations. Try Emirates or Qatar which you will be base overseas. And they pay you MORE, in USD!

Ps: do u know that tiger goes to darwin in australia too?[/quote]

We wouldn't want airlines to have high expectations, would we . . .

You will find that all major airlines are pretty much on par when it comes to requirements.

It seems that all the majority of posters here look at is what they can get out of the job or what the job offers them, not how they can contribute to the company - INTERVIEWERS CAN SENSE THAT!!!
It is a two-way street - you need to be fulfilled by what the company offers you and the company needs to be satisfied with what you have to offer.

Seriously, take to heart some of the points made by Plavt and M - prepare for your interviews (not just find out when the dates are) and you will find it much easier.
Sadly very seldom does anyone take note of advice that is given here, and then posters wonder why they have failed their interviews . . . would this instill confidence in potential customers of SIA/Tiger/Emirates etc . . . .?

'nuff said Image

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:47 am

queenie-me wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:
Plavt wrote: I must confess, I haven't looked a great deal at the advertisements but that should be stated or they may have assumed that people know this. This all comes back to what I have said so many times on this board do some research. There is nothing worse than somebody turning up for an interview with a company as prestigious as Singapore Airlines and have not an inkling of a clue what the job entails. Besides it says one thing to the interviewer ' I am not interested'. Like it or not that’s what it implies.

What many on this board fail to realize is your primary concern as a flight attendant apart from service is passenger safety. Hope you 'wannabes' will think about that.

Hope I can put up some posts later that will help those who are genuinely interested there are some on this board who don't stand a chance.

Plavt.
I hear you brother. I'm not trying to be a show off coz I've been researching about this job almost every single day. It just pains me when I learnt of people who goes to the interview without full knowledge of the job and make it all the way, but when the contract is in front of her, she thinks twice and then reject it. OR she goes into training but dropped out halfway coz she can't take the stress. I mean why those passionate people who are dying to get this job not getting it but the ones gifted are forsaking it? I don't mean all but there are many who have been this way.

Wannabes should know basic swimming, have compassion, know that the job is not about glamour, know that training would be stressful, know that work will clash with holidays, and who knows what. And of course, don't ask this again, but English IS necessary. It's an international language for goodness sake. Don't expect your cabin crew to be speaking in broken English when serving you right?

Forgive me, some questions like swimming proficiency is unnecessary. Sometimes common sense will provide you with the simplest answer. I hope I do not offend anyone in this post, but forgive me if I do.
Hey Singaporegrrl,

I just got an interview with Tiger Airways. My interview is tommorrow and I'm nervous now. Anyways, why don't u give it a try for other airlines?

Wow congrats to you! When did you send in the application? I would love to try Emirates and Qatar but I still don't meet the age requirement. I'm 19. The next best thing is SilkAir for me coz I've been doing my 'homework' mainly on SilkAir. Not much on other airlines. Especially on Tiger Airways, it's really hard to find solid facts on the airline and its cabin crew.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

lucid80

Post by lucid80 » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:54 am

Hi gals,

just wondering are we required to wear full piece swim costume on friday?

Lucid

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:41 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote: I hear you brother. I'm not trying to be a show off coz I've been researching about this job almost every single day. It just pains me when I learnt of people who goes to the interview without full knowledge of the job and make it all the way, but when the contract is in front of her, she thinks twice and then reject it. OR she goes into training but dropped out halfway coz she can't take the stress. I mean why those passionate people who are dying to get this job not getting it but the ones gifted are forsaking it? I don't mean all but there are many who have been this way.

Hey Singaporegrrl,

Wow congrats to you! When did you send in the application? I would love to try Emirates and Qatar but I still don't meet the age requirement. I'm 19. The next best thing is SilkAir for me coz I've been doing my 'homework' mainly on SilkAir. Not much on other airlines. Especially on Tiger Airways, it's really hard to find solid facts on the airline and its cabin crew.
Dear All,

I believe Queenie sent her application last year right? Paige sent in last year for Tiger Airways and got a nod for interview as well. Good luck Queenie for the interview girl! I'll be praying hard for you! But do take note that Tiger Airways pay is lower. And it's roundabout flight don't really have the chance to see the country. And YESH! Tiger Airways do fly to the only city in AUS, Darwin! I'm surprised as well. But I do have to agree with Singaporegrrl. It's very hard to find information of Tiger Airways. I could not even find out how their uniform looks like. Haha... What the. It's that hard.

Yes. Swimming will be a plus. IF you do not know how to swim, the airlines will make sure you know how to by the end of the training. But heck! Just pass this round 1st ok then worry! But like what Singaporegrrl said, don't give up in the end. You are not only pursuing your dream but helping us those who did not got short-listed to continue our dream as well. So good luck and stay on track!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Last edited by I'M*(!_!)*Julie on Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 1:40 pm

Awhile ago I came across two Webshots albums with interesting photos from the SQ Flight Attendant training process.

Hope you enjoy.

http://community.webshots.com/user/estelleho

http://community.webshots.com/user/sq_82
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

samsoh

Re: SQ

Post by samsoh » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 1:47 pm

guy wrote:can anyone enlighten me if there is an age limit for application of flight stewards/stewardress??? thanx for the kind attention and help. :wink: :D
I was invitated during last Oct intake when I'm 27 yrs old.
This year I'm 28 and quoted in my application. I didn't received my invitation. So i guess 28 is the cut off age...... :(
I'm referring to steward
Last edited by samsoh on Wed, 11 Jan 2006 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy go Lucky

Hopeless

SIA cabin crew

Post by Hopeless » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 1:52 pm

Hey QUEENIE!

I am called up for Tiger Airways interview too! I scheduled it to be on Friday 1845h. Do let me know how the interview is ya? =)

As for Paige, I heard she was called up too.... wonder if she'll be going.. at least to give it a try. The pay is indeed low leh.... a negative factor....

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 2:24 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:
queenie-me wrote: Hey Singaporegrrl,

Dear All,

I believe Queenie sent her application last year right? Paige sent in last year for Tiger Airways and got a nod for interview as well. Good luck Queenie for the interview girl! I'll be praying hard for you! But do take note that Tiger Airways pay is lower. Basic is $800 den after all allowance around 2.2K. And it's roundabout flight don't really have the chance to see the country. And YESH! Tiger Airways do fly to the only city in AUS, Darwin! I'm surprised as well. But I do have to agree with Singaporegrrl. It's very hard to find information of Tiger Airways. I could not even find out how their uniform looks like. Haha... What the. It's that hard.

Yes. Swimming will be a plus. IF you do not know how to swim, the airlines will make sure you know how to by the end of the training. But heck! Just pass this round 1st ok then worry! But like what Singaporegrrl said, don't give up in the end. You are not only pursuing your dream but helping us those who did not got short-listed to continue our dream as well. So good luck and stay on track!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Hi Julie,
Their uniform is a 2 piece suit. top is a white short sleeve blouse wif a tiger print scarf tied around the neck. And the bottom is a skirt.

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

SK 22

Post by SK 22 » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 3:24 pm

Hello..

I have been reading this forum..

I have made it to the 3rd run for this jan intake.

Kindly check who will be going to STC on fri 13 Jan,10? Wanna meet?

Anyone can provide tips on how to bun up the hair?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 7:45 pm

lucid80 wrote:Hi gals,

just wondering are we required to wear full piece swim costume on friday?

Lucid
I reckon most will go for 1 piece to hide "anything" which might catch unwanted attention like scars etc?

M :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

11 Jan

Post by M » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 7:52 pm

33 ladies and 35 gentlemen made it for the final round management interview after today's water confidence and psychometrics test.

Congratulations to those whom made it and best of luck for management either next week or week after!

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Re: 11 Jan

Post by sq_boy » Wed, 11 Jan 2006 8:20 pm

M wrote:33 ladies and 35 gentlemen made it for the final round management interview after today's water confidence and psychometrics test.

Congratulations to those whom made it and best of luck for management either next week or week after!

wow..That is quite a number. Congrats to those guys and gals who have made it to the mgmt interview..good luck. :)