Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Trish
Regular
Regular

Re: Congrats¬!!!

Post by Trish » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 12:41 pm

voxvox wrote:Hi Jerlyn,

I tink u made a mistake. For my round, 4 out of 10 were selected to the 2nd round. Even though I made it to the 2nd round which is the 1-2-1 interview, I did not pull through. I tink SIA just slammed the door on me. Haiz. The whole interview was on my teeth. The interviewer was a nice and friendly lady who started off by asking me whether had i visited a dentist and wat did the dentist say? I told her the dentist had told me to pluck off 4 of my teeth in order for me to put braces. She asked me how long the process take? So I told her the process took a few weeks to get it done. She said she can't let me through as the third round is nxt week. She said that even if she let me through this round, I will definitely get kick out in the the third round cos they will be v strict on appearance, skin conditions and teeth fr dat round onwards. So I was like 'begging' her to gimme a chance to get into the third round cos I nv try and I will nv know. She told me no point as she is a regular at this n she knew it that I definitely couldn't get it far cos of my teeth. She also said that cos my problem is pretty straight-forward dat's y she tell me head-on. She asked me to do something abt my teeth and try again cos there are going to be alot of recruitment drives coming up these few mths.

So what??? Invisible braces are so expensive, how am I able to do it when I don have $$$??? I asked other interviewees and they feel that my teeth are not that obvious. Maybe they are looking for a perfect smile. Actually b4 i try for SIA, I sort of know that my crooked teeth will be a big prob n I REALLY HATE MY TEETH NOW!!! I wanted to put on a normal braces a few mths bk but i also noe if i put on, i have to wait for a few years b4 i can try for any airlines again. I feel like plucking all my teeth out nw. :x I was so sad n demoralised after the whole thing. Wonder I shld go for another round again n see whether the same prob still occur or to put on an invisible braces and try again (i might nd to borrow $$$ as the cost are abit ex) or just put on a normal metal braces n wait for 2 or 3 years b4 applying again??? Shit man. Stupid teeth.

Nevertheless, I would like to congrat to Jianling, Tricia, Wawa n those who make it yesterday. Good luck for ur nxt round. I will be waiting for all ur good news. Really v glad to know all of u, Julie, Careen, Violet, Josephine,Amber. . .Esp Julie...Tks for ur encouragement all these while. U must try again nxt time ok???I have faith in you. It was nice chatting with u, careen n violet the whole afternoon all things under the sun.

After my first-attempt yesterday, I realise that U just have to be yourself n don't be nervous n have confidence.

Hi Trish,

Please fret not about your teeth problem. I have a friend who has crooked teeth and she has her teeth fixed (straighten with almost perfect smile) in only 2 weeks time. Its something like what you saw in the extreme makeover shows. Its like comestic surgery for your teeth. As for the cost, it depends how many teeth looks crooked. For instance, my friend had 6 tooth fixed and each tooth cost $700. So total is ard $4200. However, my frd had a citibank credit card, so she can pay by installment of 12 mths interest free. Now, her smile and teeth is so nice that i don't even notice that she had gone through some "plastic surgery". But one thing to note is that, it will last about 15 to 20 years. Of course depending whether you noe how to take care of your teeth.

I am not advertising for anyone here. My point is, braces are not the only solution for straight teeth. True, braces are permanent. Bt u have to extract some tooth and bear with it for 2 years. Bt this one is only 2 weeks/ Only factor is the cost.

Hope the information from my frd helps. Don't be disheartened, try again. :D[/quote]

Hi voxvox,

Congrats and thank so much for ur info. I tink it's a huge sum without installment as i have quite many teeth to tackle with. Erm...Do u mind if u can actually PM me ur msn email??? so that i can find out more fr u??? Anyway don't tink so much abt ur English, it is definitely a factor that can be improve on with practice and consistency.

groovemeister

Post by groovemeister » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 12:41 pm

I just came back from the interview and I screwed up round 2.

Round 1 was fine. 6/10 got into round 2. But the interviewer from room 4 was rather harsh, rude and fcked up to me. He 'challenged' me with his questions instead of asking them. I felt let down instantly by his remarks.

I think I did pretty well for round 1. I hope to go again next time, and not bump into that same interviewer who screwed my hopes and dreams.

Good luck to the rest.

Brian Chin

Post by Brian Chin » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 12:45 pm

Failed!!! :cry:
Died on the first round some more... My overall speaking was ok I think. But I didn't get into the topic of "What makes you tick". I was more like doing self intro. And what does "tick" mean huh? Motivate?
Oh well, next intake bah. Any idea when will the next guys intake be? The one before this was September/October. So estimate... April/May?
<<Time does not ease the pain... Time lets you get used to pain...>>

Trish
Regular
Regular

Post by Trish » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 12:50 pm

M wrote:
Trish wrote:Hi Jerlyn,

I tink u made a mistake. For my round, 4 out of 10 were selected to the 2nd round. Even though I made it to the 2nd round which is the 1-2-1 interview, I did not pull through. I tink SIA just slammed the door on me. Haiz. The whole interview was on my teeth. The interviewer was a nice and friendly lady who started off by asking me whether had i visited a dentist and wat did the dentist say? I told her the dentist had told me to pluck off 4 of my teeth in order for me to put braces. She asked me how long the process take? So I told her the process took a few weeks to get it done. She said she can't let me through as the third round is nxt week. She said that even if she let me through this round, I will definitely get kick out in the the third round cos they will be v strict on appearance, skin conditions and teeth fr dat round onwards. So I was like 'begging' her to gimme a chance to get into the third round cos I nv try and I will nv know. She told me no point as she is a regular at this n she knew it that I definitely couldn't get it far cos of my teeth. She also said that cos my problem is pretty straight-forward dat's y she tell me head-on. She asked me to do something abt my teeth and try again cos there are going to be alot of recruitment drives coming up these few mths.

So what??? Invisible braces are so expensive, how am I able to do it when I don have $$$??? I asked other interviewees and they feel that my teeth are not that obvious. Maybe they are looking for a perfect smile. Actually b4 i try for SIA, I sort of know that my crooked teeth will be a big prob n I REALLY HATE MY TEETH NOW!!! I wanted to put on a normal braces a few mths bk but i also noe if i put on, i have to wait for a few years b4 i can try for any airlines again. I feel like plucking all my teeth out nw. :x I was so sad n demoralised after the whole thing. Wonder I shld go for another round again n see whether the same prob still occur or to put on an invisible braces and try again (i might nd to borrow $$$ as the cost are abit ex) or just put on a normal metal braces n wait for 2 or 3 years b4 applying again??? Shit man. Stupid teeth.

Nevertheless, I would like to congrat to Jianling, Tricia, Wawa n those who make it yesterday. Good luck for ur nxt round. I will be waiting for all ur good news. Really v glad to know all of u, Julie, Careen, Violet, Josephine,Amber. . .Esp Julie...Tks for ur encouragement all these while. U must try again nxt time ok???I have faith in you. It was nice chatting with u, careen n violet the whole afternoon all things under the sun.

After my first-attempt yesterday, I realise that U just have to be yourself n don't be nervous n have confidence.
Hey Trish, don't let da interview dampen ya spirit yeah? She was being frank and at least you know where you're faulted in a way. That will enable you to do some admendments to yourself, to improve that particular flaw? Many of the applicants do not even know why they flopped so it might be a blessing in disguise?

I'm sure you will come back stronger and better prepared next round. Go for it girl.

M :cool:
Tks M. Really appreciated ur encouragement. I keep telling myself it's good dat she actually tell me straight then I know where my prob lies. Haha. I don noe y i still like can't get over with her words. it really make my confidence level falls to the lowest!lowest!lowest!!! It make me considered again whether I shld smile at pple with open-mouthed the nxt time???haha...

Trish
Regular
Regular

Post by Trish » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 12:56 pm

groovemeister wrote:I just came back from the interview and I screwed up round 2.

Round 1 was fine. 6/10 got into round 2. But the interviewer from room 4 was rather harsh, rude and fcked up to me. He 'challenged' me with his questions instead of asking them. I felt let down instantly by his remarks.

I think I did pretty well for round 1. I hope to go again next time, and not bump into that same interviewer who screwed my hopes and dreams.

Good luck to the rest.
Hi groovemeister,

Tink u are nt lucky enough tis time round to get a nice and friendly interviewer. Hope ladyluck will shine on you nxt time... or gentlemanluck???

Trish
Regular
Regular

Post by Trish » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 1:02 pm

Brian Chin wrote:Failed!!! :cry:
Died on the first round some more... My overall speaking was ok I think. But I didn't get into the topic of "What makes you tick". I was more like doing self intro. And what does "tick" mean huh? Motivate?
Oh well, next intake bah. Any idea when will the next guys intake be? The one before this was September/October. So estimate... April/May?
Hi Brian,

Don't be discouraged. I tink 'tick' means perform or function well. It really depends on your luck sometimes during the first round. I heard fr my interviewer yesterday that there are going to be lots of recruitment drives coming up these few mths. just keep trying n nv give up ok!!!

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 1:31 pm

Trish wrote:
jerlyn wrote:To wawa, Trish(got ya friendster account from Careen), jiajia and lotsa more darlings who had successfully cleared day one of interview..
Julie, we will try together again!!
I was asked the main characteristic of a service provider, and I guessed I didnt speak up more than I should when i was the number 7 of the grp, or lady luck wasnt at my side..or maybe i wasnt the cut for their standards. SO i shall further improve myself now, while waiting for their recruitment again! heehee..
darlings, very happy for all of you...jiayou!
Julie, promise and be my motivation, we'll shall try again till we succeed!
smiles!

word of advice: sometimes being too prepared isnt a good idea, they wan a natural you. There's a girl whom didnt dressed formally, in fact she looked very retro artistic, but she expressed herself well and got in. Another lady who dressed really well, with blazer and skirt, intro herself in soft and shy manner..she got in too..SO, pray and get a lucky charm, there is no right or wrong answers...
Nevertheless, there are really fabulous ladies i think will make through all the rounds, dress well, appeared presentable and spoke with a calm and natural manner..**envious** **I shall work hard to be like them!**
cheers!
Jerlyn Ang
Hi Jerlyn,

Hello Trish,

never2 despair..I knoe it sucks but I was in ur exact shoes a few yrs ago.
I had terrbile layered teeth since young n I asked myself is it too late to put on braces? Is it a gd investment? It will cost me a bomb but am I ready for it..the pain....hassle. It didnt take me long before I decided to put on the metal braces...initially I felt very demoralizing but the end product...MAN!!! Its amazingly worthwile!! Its worth the effort...the investments paids off for this SIA intv. How old r u by the way? If its a minor adjustment it'l take like a yr only but for my case...very major so it was like 2.5yrs. So go for it gerl..if u want to achieve ur dreams..u haf to work hard for it..its never too late.

Trish
Regular
Regular

Post by Trish » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 1:40 pm

wawa wrote:
Trish wrote:
jerlyn wrote:To wawa, Trish(got ya friendster account from Careen), jiajia and lotsa more darlings who had successfully cleared day one of interview..
I was asked the main characteristic of a service provider, and I guessed I didnt speak up more than I should when i was the number 7 of the grp, or lady luck wasnt at my side..or maybe i wasnt the cut for their standards. SO i shall further improve myself now, while waiting for their recruitment again! heehee..
smiles!

word of advice: sometimes being too prepared isnt a good idea, they wan a natural you. There's a girl whom didnt dressed formally, in fact she looked very retro artistic, but she expressed herself well and got in. Another lady who dressed really well, with blazer and skirt, intro herself in soft and shy manner..she got in too..SO, pray and get a lucky charm, there is no right or wrong answers...
Nevertheless, there are really fabulous ladies i think will make through all the rounds, dress well, appeared presentable and spoke with a calm and natural manner..**envious** **I shall work hard to be like them!**
cheers!
Jerlyn Ang
Hi Jerlyn,

Hello Trish,

never2 despair..I knoe it sucks but I was in ur exact shoes a few yrs ago.
I had terrbile layered teeth since young n I asked myself is it too late to put on braces? Is it a gd investment? It will cost me a bomb but am I ready for it..the pain....hassle. It didnt take me long before I decided to put on the metal braces...initially I felt very demoralizing but the end product...MAN!!! Its amazingly worthwile!! Its worth the effort...the investments paids off for this SIA intv. How old r u by the way? If its a minor adjustment it'l take like a yr only but for my case...very major so it was like 2.5yrs. So go for it gerl..if u want to achieve ur dreams..u haf to work hard for it..its never too late.
Tks Wawa. No wonder u have a perfect smile. Simply love ur smile man. i'm 20 tis year. I don noe if i going to wait for another few years they might nt be hiring so many pple already n the chance will be lower to get inside. Tat's my concept lah. Can it be paid by installments??? I shall chat with u on msn.

Anyway good luck for ur upcoming round ok? must give ur best shot k

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 1:47 pm

Hey all,

need to get some opinions here...
how do the beauticians define scar? Is it sumetin permanent like birthmark or as long as there are visible marks such as being scalded, mosquito bites or even frm a fall. Wat about face condition? Cause I'm having these negative thoughts already as I have mosquito bites marks on my hand...shld I tell them the truth instead of concealing them which I felt very dishonest. Coz I heard they've very particular on this stage.

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 1:54 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
berdee5155 wrote:To Careen, Trish, Julie and some others i duno your nicks that i saw at the interview this morning,

It's reli great seeing you gers!!

Although some of us may not get it thru, rem what i said? You are still young and have lotsa chances to try again!!
Failure only goes to those who gives up easily!

Ganbatte!~~~

Amber
Dear Amber!

Thanks alot for your encouragement!

Congrats to all those who pulled through including Amber, Wawa, Jianling and Trisha!!!! Really proud of you guys and it's reli nice meeting you guys today! We had alot of chat yah!

Yes, I was the one who did not managed to pull through. Abit disappointed but at the moment that I finished my speech, I know I will not get in. I think I prepared too much in my speech which is like 2mins long and when they told me that they only have 1min for us, I was shocked. So everyone going for interview tomorrow, just word of advise that you will not need to prepare and worst, memorize your speech. I made a mistake by memorizing my speech and in the end, I think the interviewer knows that I memorized and did not really see the real me. They want to see the real you, not wanting to know the memorized you. So I think no need to prepare the speech otherwise, you will be in a mess when the question was not as per you preceive. Try to speak slowly, I think I spoke too fast, like a train, and smile!

I believe that tomorrow more wannbies are trying! Good luck and believe in yourself! Be confident and portray that you can handle stress kk! I ruin my chance this time round but I'm definatley going to try again. Definately. =P Heez.. I'm not a person who will give up easily. And hope that with this experience, the next time will be people congratulating me. haha... Well.. aim for the sky.

For those having the Kabaya and water confidence test next Wednesday, Good luck as well and remember don't eat too much hor! I'll be praying for you guys!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Hi Julie,
It's SQ's lost that they didnt select u... well gd that u hav the never say die attitute.. way to go babe! I was oso rejected after the 1st round.. as luck was not shinning on my AGAIN!!! hahaha...dun when will it shin on me.. as im oreadi 26 this yr liao.. guess i hav to stop applying liao.. haa...
Jiayou! u can do it!

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Brian Chin

Post by Brian Chin » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 2:05 pm

Trish wrote:
Brian Chin wrote:Failed!!! :cry:
Hi Brian,

Don't be discouraged. I tink 'tick' means perform or function well. It really depends on your luck sometimes during the first round. I heard fr my interviewer yesterday that there are going to be lots of recruitment drives coming up these few mths. just keep trying n nv give up ok!!!
Discourage? Maybe, but not disheartened :D Not giving up yet!!! But I think the "lots of recruitment drives coming up these few months" should be more applicable to stewardess bah... but will keep a look out :) In the mean time I think I go polish up my face bah... Orange skin+slight scarring... :/
<<Time does not ease the pain... Time lets you get used to pain...>>

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 2:13 pm

smiles!

cheers!
Jerlyn Ang
Hi Jerlyn,
I was oso not being selected.. Well.. lucky charm will shine on u for the next recruitment.. Cheer up babe.. dun give up k?
Cheers!
Paige :wink:

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Thank You So Much

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 2:28 pm

Dear All,

Thanks, Paige, Wawa for your encouragement. Seeing all of you getting through make me so proud that at least some of us make it through to the next round and help us to continue the journey.

Dear Trish, please please please do not pluck out all your teeth otherwise you won't even get any chance. haha.. Like what Wawa and Vox suggested, maybe you can still try to put the metal kinda braces? You are still young, very very young. Or the ones that Vox suggested? Does you dad or brother has credit card? Can pay by installment plan. Think interest free. Must double check ok!

Those who did not make it to the next round, let us try again ok!!!! I'm determined now to get in. I know my mistake and will learn from it. Please improve from your flaw and let's start from Square 1 again. We still have lots of chances, Paige, this time they are having alot of recruitment! Let's try again! =) We send out application together and maybe we might get into the same slot? haha.. Hope the next recruitment drive will come soon. Now I'm browsing into ST everyday. Will update when there is one. But I think most likely will be after this whole present round of interviews are over already then there will be a new interview. Let's wait patiently for our turn ok!

By the way, I have something to clarify incase those going to the next round got misleaded. Previously I posted that there are 7 fittings for the Kabaya test. But I was incorrect. The 7 fittings are for successfull stewardess to be to choose from. For the test, there should be only one size for the interviewer to see if you bear any scar there is not covered vby the kabaya. So do not go and ask from the the interviewer for more sizes ok!!!! I hope I did not mislead anyone. If I did.. I'm so so so sorry...

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 2:31 pm

groovemeister wrote:I just came back from the interview and I screwed up round 2.

Good luck to the rest.
6 out of 10? How were the peeps whom got into round 2? He challenged you with his questions? Maybe you were let down by ill lack of confidence thus it became a challenge instead?

M

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 2:32 pm

wawa wrote:Hey all,

need to get some opinions here...
how do the beauticians define scar? Is it sumetin permanent like birthmark or as long as there are visible marks such as being scalded, mosquito bites or even frm a fall. Wat about face condition? Cause I'm having these negative thoughts already as I have mosquito bites marks on my hand...shld I tell them the truth instead of concealing them which I felt very dishonest. Coz I heard they've very particular on this stage.
Dear Wawa,

Mosquito scars... are those obvious?? I understand that make up can be used but once in a blue moon, they might call their interviewees to come for interview without make up. That's really once in a blue moon. However, for the Water confidence test, after you jumped into the pool, your make up will be washed away already. So still, it will be revealed to the beauticians when they check you after the test. Hope that by your interview, the marks will disappeared. Try aloe vera kk! Very good to help reduce scarring. Or Vit E cream!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!