Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 10:35 am

wawa wrote:Just out of curiosity...they mentioned in the email to bring a copy for all our certificates, do I need to bring the originals as well?
YESH, bring originals! its stated in the invite.
Nowadays, qualifications can be faked, so that's why they stated in the invite..
tommorow!!!!cheers...
smile all...
Jerlyn Ang

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:19 am

Dear All!

Finally tomorrow is the day already. Time really flies huh. So sorry that I did not post for quite sometime. Was working like mad dog and straight away 'die' in my bed when I reached home. haha.. Managed to sneak a few words before I work like a dog again.

Honestly speaking, I'm NOT prepared yet. Haiz... I hope that SIA will not bombard me with questions of their history. But I'm still going to try my ver very best! I hope all of you do as well. Hope that lady luck will shine on everyone of us tomorrow and we will become calm and professional! I also hope that tomorrow it does not rain coz raining days ruin my mood when I'm out. Haha.. I'm being crappy now.

I just wanna say, some of you might be having 2nd thoughs now that you might not be up as a FA. I do have this though as well. Please do not feel this way as it's not for us to judge but for SIA to judge. Do not have second thought right now as tomorrow is finally the big day. Just your best shot, bring out your rehearsal that you had done in the shower room! Haha.. yes, I read that. Me too. But not in shower room. I basically muttered them wherever I go and my supervisor thought I really need some rest. That's crazy.

Ok! I'm going to work like a dog again! See you guys tomorrow and do not be late! Good luck and be yourself.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:37 pm

hiccup wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:Especially in Singapore where English is considered to be the 1st language, I think it should be very obvious that English is a must for any airline, shouldn't it?
Em… Bahasa Malayu is considered the official langauge of Singapore. I suppose you are aware that beside our National anthem, our SAF military commands are in Malayu.

My friend (applying to be Cabin Crew) was telling that his ‘half-past-six’ Bahasa Malayu is better than his foreign language. In simple (short and slow) Malayu coversations, he can understands more than 70%.

In my opinion, Singaporeans must more or less understand Bahasa Malayu. My friend and I do not think that is a bonus point for non-malayu speakers if applicants know Bahasa Malayu language. He is not surprised if interviewers want to ‘hum-tum’ applicants with Bahasa Malayu. Heehee…

Neither it is a requirement nor bonus standing point as an applicant, being a Singaporean ‘die-die’ must know how to “yak”
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Re: news!!

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:42 pm

pinkpluspinky wrote:queenie-me and singaporegrrrl....

i have got my invite. you girls check your emails yet?

rach, cafe:

my interview is also on sunday 8jan 1320hrs. anyone with similar timing?

kinda puzzled.. i always thot sunday is for guys... mayb not much guys applying this time round? but still am too gald for this chance!

my day is gonna be great!!!

pinkpluspinky :lol:
NO luck.. how sad! well, congratulations and good luck. maybe I am just not cut out for it.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:51 pm

rach, cafe:

kinda puzzled.. i always thot sunday is for guys... mayb not much guys applying this time round? but still am too gald for this chance!

Queenie-me and I do not receive any invites. We are most probably going for SilkAir's interview the next time they are having recruitment drive.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 3:36 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:

rach, cafe:

Queenie-me and I do not receive any invites. We are most probably going for SilkAir's interview the next time they are having recruitment drive.
yeah.. anyone coming?? let me know... cheers,

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 4:33 pm

-Dutch
-French
-German
-Gujarati
-Italian
-Japanese
-Norwegian
-Portuguese
-Punjabi
-Spanish
-Swedish
-Urdu
-Sign Language
Singaporegirl,
I don't know where you got this information but I doubt if it is that accurate. Dutch and Germans under the ages of around 50 speak fluent English and sometimes better than ourselves. The same might be true of Norwegian but I doubt it, the Scandinavian countries have spoken English only to well as long as I can remember and I think you may have great difficulty in finding a Dane, Swede or Norwegian who doesn't speak any English. French, Italian and Portuguese will have their uses but they are not in great demand at least not here, I can't speak for Brazil though where it is the national language. Japanese is useful but I don’t think there is great call for it as most Japanese here in the UK are either students or businessmen but it is very useful to Singapore Airlines. Punjabi and Urdu are largely confined to the ethnic community here and those flights that travel to and from those countries where it is spoken but I doubt any great demand. Sign language is of course useful. My advice is think carefully or you might spend a great deal of time learning something that is not a terrific amount of use. The best choice for SIA flight attendants is Japanese, Bhasa Indonesian, Mandarin, French and Spanish. Note Spanish and English are almost as widely spoken as each other. Some of the other European languages you mentioned may be useful but forget learning Dutch or Scandinavian languages unless you intend to read them.

Hope this helps.

Plavt.

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

tomorrow's the interview!

Post by superpinkystar » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 7:20 pm

anybody 9am??
i will be waiting for my friend outside the fountain around 830am. for those who are early may wanna meet there and chit chat abit before going in :D
*smile always

Brian Chin

Post by Brian Chin » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 7:52 pm

Hello everyone! All the best for those who applied and going for the interview! :wink:
Going for my second attempt on Sunday 1000hrs. (Failed on the 1-2-1 last time. Reason may be because of my face... :( )Any guys going that time too?
<<Time does not ease the pain... Time lets you get used to pain...>>

Kel83

Post by Kel83 » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 8:46 pm

Brian Chin wrote:Hello everyone! All the best for those who applied and going for the interview! :wink:
Going for my second attempt on Sunday 1000hrs. (Failed on the 1-2-1 last time. Reason may be because of my face... :( )Any guys going that time too?

Mine is on Sunday @ 1100hrs. (1st attempt)
Dono if I am able to reach there on time not as I've got work commitment in the early morning. Thus, it might be quite rush for me... Hopefully I can make there in time...

BTW, can advise me on what can be expected from the interview?

Trish
Regular
Regular

hi jerlyn

Post by Trish » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 8:52 pm

hi jerlyn. i was curious how come u noe my friendster email??? haha. . .

remus

Post by remus » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 10:34 pm

hi Brian, my interview on sunday 1000 too, good luck to you

cafe

Post by cafe » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 10:51 pm

rach, cafe:

Do eat sufficient for Lunch yeah? I've PMed rach my email add. And pinkpluspinky u likewise.

Gd luck to all aspiring FAs, shine! Actually, I'm nervous for sunday. Will b back with more updates. :D

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:10 pm

Goodluck ladies. Best of luck yeah?

Godspeed~

M :cool:

groovemeister

Post by groovemeister » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:42 pm

Brian Chin wrote:Hello everyone! All the best for those who applied and going for the interview! :wink:
Just curious...whats up with your face?

Anyway, mine is on Sunday at 0940. Will try reach there by 0900-0910 just to be safe.