Singapore Expats

Trampolining in Singapore

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Trampolining in Singapore

Post by micknlea » Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:35 am

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of a club or facility where a child can train and learn trampolining.

My son loves trampolining and it is the only sport he will participate in voluntarily. Unfortunately when we left Australia he had to leave his trampoline behind, a quick holiday and daily activity on a friends trampoline back home has renewed his passion and he wants to continue.

I have looked and looked and cannot find anything here. Does anyone know of any clubs or facilities that can be used or if there are trainers here? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

PS I tried really hard to post this on Staying and Living in Singapore but the site just would not let me do it!
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 05 Jan 2006 8:01 pm

Of course there is SACAC gymnastics at the Singapore American School. But the tramp is only one part of their entire gymnastics program. Classes for all ages are held after school and you don not need to attend SAS to belong to SACAC.

Or there is:

http://www.abgymsport.com/

I don't know a thing about it, but I bet they can point you in the right direction.

There was also a place near Holland Village called Prime Gym, or something like that. Not sure if they are still around.

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Post by micknlea » Thu, 05 Jan 2006 8:52 pm

Thanks MHB, must admit I didn't expect an answer from the other side of the world and so quick too! You are a wonder :)

I will try your suggestions and see how I go.
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Thu, 05 Jan 2006 9:51 pm

micknlea,
Please post what you discover. My daughter was given a family sized tramp for Christmas 2003--to help settle into Qld. from Victoria. A year later we are here and of course the tramp had to stay behind. Even now she is convinced that her huge tramp would fit in our postage sized garden or we could put up on the roof! #-o