Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: Guys - Body Check?

Post by jerlyn » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:07 am

ecaf wrote:
sq_boy wrote:Hi Guys,
Anyone here have any idea how stringent the guys' body checks are? What are they looking for? If they are looking for those macho types...then I am out...haha.... :???: Any kind souls care to enlighten me?
Heh I'm skinny too, and moreover I don't have good skin :? But wat the heck, let's just give it a shot. I'm 80% riding on pure luck here :P
yesh!! I saw a really slim steward that day at the airport.. his blazer is actually kinda oversized... so instead of checking on your flaws, highlight your abilities and strengths to em~ when u feel good, they will feel the same as u.. flaunt what you had best! cheers, all the best!

garychien
Regular
Regular

hello

Post by garychien » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:16 am

Thanks 'M' for answering my qns...

and thanks to those who answered my qns

hee hee... few more days to go...

i have all mine qns answered and i feel confident abt the whole interview... heeh ee... hope everyone get through.. he ee..

groovemeister

Post by groovemeister » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:51 pm

Hi everyone, i just searched for 'singapore airlines forum' on yahoo and i ended up on this webbie. I'm so surprised to see so many of us here inspired to fly the friendly skies!

My interview slot is on the 8th, at 9.40am. Like many others, I have edit my pics with photoshop before submitting. I have bad skin but i'm gonna cover it up with the wonders of make-up.

Plus, i highlighted my hair a couple of days before receiving the invite. So i'm just gonna go on with my coloured hair, add tons of confidence, and see how it goes..

Good luck to everyone!

ecaf

Post by ecaf » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 1:07 pm

groovemeister wrote:Hi everyone, i just searched for 'singapore airlines forum' on yahoo and i ended up on this webbie. I'm so surprised to see so many of us here inspired to fly the friendly skies!

My interview slot is on the 8th, at 9.40am. Like many others, I have edit my pics with photoshop before submitting. I have bad skin but i'm gonna cover it up with the wonders of make-up.

Plus, i highlighted my hair a couple of days before receiving the invite. So i'm just gonna go on with my coloured hair, add tons of confidence, and see how it goes..

Good luck to everyone!
Yea my bad skin is more on the parts covered by the clothes i wear.. so i'm gonna be very uncomfortable should i get through to the swim test :?

Menaquinone

can we do a quick poll?

Post by Menaquinone » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 2:40 pm

Dear all,

I was wondering if its 2nd nature to all FA-wannabes out there to send in a

1) Professionally taken photo OR

2) Cropped photo taken off at random from your pictures folder?

SIA-veterans..Whats your take on this? I sensed somethign wrong now...when i dismissed the idea of taking a proper photo for my Internet job application.

ecaf

Re: can we do a quick poll?

Post by ecaf » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 4:06 pm

Menaquinone wrote:Dear all,

I was wondering if its 2nd nature to all FA-wannabes out there to send in a

1) Professionally taken photo OR

2) Cropped photo taken off at random from your pictures folder?

SIA-veterans..Whats your take on this? I sensed somethign wrong now...when i dismissed the idea of taking a proper photo for my Internet job application.
i'm not a veteran.. but i had my bro to take a full length photo of me, edit a tad in photoshop, and sent it out via email with my application.

remus

Post by remus » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 5:40 pm

Do anyone know, good command of english is a must for steward wanabe? thanks

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 7:04 pm

remus wrote:Do anyone know, good command of english is a must for steward wanabe? thanks
Especially in Singapore where English is considered to be the 1st language, I think it should be very obvious that English is a must for any airline, shouldn't it?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

ZUNBO

Re: medical check up

Post by ZUNBO » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 8:28 pm

EaStSider~ wrote:
ZUNBO wrote:i have a friend who got into sunday slots .however he have partial color blind , therefore he feels like giving up.Anyone can advise whether SIA accept ?
Hi ZUNBO...I guess maybe it depends on the colours he have trouble seeing...besides they will have a medical checkup which includes eyesight and colour-blindness...If itz not too sirius,itz no harm going for it. :wink:

thanks eastsider.....=) :D

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: 8th Jan

Post by M » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 9:50 pm

jerlyn wrote:"M" is so helpful... odd to address someone as 'M'
How did you know so much and so detailed information?
ok, I shouldn't be so kpo.. but we all appreciate your replies, so nice of you!!! oh ya..
Stewards to be... stay calm and collected...good luck befall to all!
:D
Jerlyn, I guess those came with experiences? Small input though and hopefully it helps? Goodluck ger~

M :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 9:51 pm

groovemeister wrote:Hi everyone, i just searched for 'singapore airlines forum' on yahoo and i ended up on this webbie. I'm so surprised to see so many of us here inspired to fly the friendly skies!

Good luck to everyone!
Goodluck but I think coloured hair is sucidal?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 9:54 pm

Goodluck but I think coloured hair is sucidal?

I think you must be right. I remeber reading a flight attendant's blog (now defunct) in which she said the job didn't allow her to highlight her hair. She did work for Singapore Airlines until sometime last year. Besides this goes against the 'traiditional Asian image' the Airline likes to portray.

Plavt.

cafe

Hi any girls having their interviews on Sunday 08 Jan?

Post by cafe » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:40 pm

Hi I'm new here. Received an email this afternoon for an interview on the 8th jan Sun. I thought they normally conduct interviews for stewards on Sundays and stewardesses on Saturdays?

Or had they made a mistake of taking me as a guy instead?!!! :shock: Any girls going on Sunday?

insight

Re: dun despair!

Post by insight » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:03 pm

pinkpluspinky wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:Heyz all,

I've called to check my application status and I'm not shortlisted. Nevertheless, good luck to those going for the interviews this weekend.
you're not alone for not being shortlisted. i am so.. upset. well, we can try again next time. ;)

hi girls,

if u ever follow this thread right from the start, u would have notice that i actually posted another similar msg some time ago.

anyway, what i wanna say is, like u girls, i have sent my application quite late, towards the end of the recruitment drive (i think it should be on the friday b4 the closing date). yet i have not received my invite to the interview as well.

i have actually applied for the july recruitment. the interview date stated on the website is actually 2nd july. but i did not get the invite for 2nd july. i was so sad but few weeks later, i think 2 weeks later, i got an invite to another interview (i cant remember the date but should be start of aug). but i am sure i did not send in my application another time. when i went for the interview, i learnt that other fellow interviewees also sent in for the same recruitment but were not invited for the 2nd july interview, instead they were invited for the aug interview. i heard that the number of ppl applying is so large that they have to divide the group into 2, scheduled for 2 different interview dates. from the last recruitment exercise, the one in oct, i think the same thing happen too.

what i am trying to say is, since like me, both of u have actually sent in your application quite late, we might have been scheduled for the later interview date. i am now thinking, since we are not invited for the 7th jan interview, why not continue to check ur mailbox and look forward to a possible invite 2 weeks later? i am not trying to give u girls false hope, i am also waiting eagerly for my invite, and i hope this time round it works the same way too.

anyway, i think alot of ppl here actually are worried abt ur age being older than what they expect, or ur photo being ugly/not full-body shot/ not formally dressed etc. from what i know, i think they dun really judge from your applications. they will actually invite all ppl who sent in their application for an interview, from there they will start axing ppl. if they actually did go thru the applications and photos and details so carefully, how can they not notice that there are ppl who sent in their application both by snail mail and email, and yet still send them 2 invites? i really dun think they start choosing candidates from the applications.

just my thots....

pinkpluspinky :P
Hi pinkpluspinky,

Thanx for ur kind feedback :D :D . I've actually sent my application form on the 26 Dec. I've not yet got a reply from them so i think i'll have to miss the 7 & 8 jan interviews. :( Do anyone of u have also sent your application form after 17 Dec & has got a reply? :wink:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Hi any girls having their interviews on Sunday 08 Jan?

Post by M » Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:08 pm

cafe wrote:Hi I'm new here. Received an email this afternoon for an interview on the 8th jan Sun. I thought they normally conduct interviews for stewards on Sundays and stewardesses on Saturdays?

Or had they made a mistake of taking me as a guy instead?!!! :shock: Any girls going on Sunday?
Haha darling, I'm sure your photo had worked it's charm yeah? There are slots for ladies on Sunday so just relax and enjoy the interview?

Cheers