Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hiccup
Location: Singapore; Walking distance from Kembangan MRT station

Re: High Expectation for Male Applicant

Post by hiccup » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:29 am

jerlyn wrote:Hi Hiccup,
I think you have got an interesting fren who is going to be a steward soon.. :lol: You are such a great entertainer i believe, bless your fren and spur him on.. Jerlyn Ang
Hoho…thank you Jerlyn!

He can share with you lots of things he did. That is only if he is close to you. :D

He can be humourous especially he learns and watches all (local, Taiwanese, Malayu & etc.) varitey shows. He is not shameful to apologise even though he may not be in the wrong. Well, he is definitely not “kay-poh”
Professionalism means consistency of quality. Frank Tyger

flight cat

hi pals..

Post by flight cat » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:46 am

:) hi there...here is what i grab in a book...hope its help for the coming interview..good luck.. :cool:

Preparing For An Interview
Here are a few common sense tips for candidates who have been invited to an interview for the role of cabin crew:

1) Get as much rest as possible on the night before the interview, so that you look your best and feel fresh and alert.

2) Dress smartly, and pay attention to your personal grooming - especially hair, fingernails, skin. Ensure shoes are clean, and any accessories match your outfit. Do not over-dress, or try to dress in too ‘showy’ a manner.

3) Remember to take your interview invitation, and any documentation that has been requested (passport, exam certificate, language certificate, etc.).

4) Check that you know the correct interview location, and arrive in good time (allow extra travelling time in case of delays).

5) Be prepared to be at the interview location for some time. Air cabin crew interviews may last a morning, an afternoon, or even all day. Get something to eat before you go (it can be embarrassing and distracting if your stomache is rumbling during an interview!).

6) Try to relax, and be helpful and supportive to any other candidates you meet.

7) Remember that there is a good reason behind each element in the selection process - the airline is trying to find the right people for their organisation. Be positive about the exercises and tests you are asked to undertake. Be prepared for surprises.

8) Have in mind some answers (and examples) for the different types of questions you are likely to face. However, avoid having a ‘script’, or you replies will lack spontaneity. Knowing what the role really involves will give you an insight into why certain questions are being asked, and will help you to formulate better or more appropriate replies.

9) If you know that you are likely to face a conventional style of interview, it is a really good idea to have a friend or family member do a trial interview beforehand. Even when you know how you would like to answer certain questions, it is not always easy to do it in practice (especially if you have not experienced an interview situation for some time). When questions are coming in quick succession (especially questions like “How did that make you feel?”
fly high

EaStSider~

Post by EaStSider~ » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 1:00 am

Btw,juz sum xtra tibit to read abt...in today's classified,there's the 10 secrets to great conversations. Do check it out! There's lots of points to take note for you guys coming interview! :D
"Learning is the beginning of wealth.Learning is the beginning of health.Learning is the beginning of spirituality.Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins." ~ Jim Rohn

hiccup
Location: Singapore; Walking distance from Kembangan MRT station

Re: High Expectation for Male Applicant

Post by hiccup » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 1:17 am

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:Hi hi Hiccup,
That's what happened to me as well! I went to dyed my hair red and got my invite one day later. Then I went to dye it back black again. Now I look like chinadoll cause my hair too black already. haha.. hope the interviewer like Chinadoll.

What Plavt said is correct. you friend really have to control his feelings, especially working in service line as you have to be really cool minded. I was 'trained' to be the iron mask while working in the travel line. Customers can scream and shout and accuse you but you still have to smile to them and explain everything to them patiently. Very hard to do when you 1st step into the service line but it's one thing that he definately have to secure. But he's very cute and sentimental though. Must be a really nice guy! Best of luck to him! Julie Tan
Hoho…Chinadoll! Both of re-dyed to black. Without second word after receiving the news of being invitation for interview and suggestion from forum (after telling him that there is a forum here with airline service industry experts), he ‘kwai-kwai’ re-dyed his hair to black. Guys’ hair is easy to get it to black after a few months where we (men) can trimmed it neat frequently.

He is a tough man. Not that emotionally disturbed easily lah. Just that he put his foot in other people’s shoes and became part of them mah.

Think you are the one prasied him as cute and sentimental. Hoho, he will be thankful to you and will be jumping in joy if he sees your compliment! Being a nice guy no use lah, up till now he has no string attachment. He was telling me that there are great and fantastic candidates around and do not think SIA will employ him so easily lah. He believes there are always people better than him.

Still, thank you and I shalll relay your wishes to him! Good luck to you too!
Professionalism means consistency of quality. Frank Tyger

mahalo21

Post by mahalo21 » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 4:18 am

Hi everyone, it's my 4th time this time n i hope for e best. Any guys who tried more than once? Add me to msn!

ecaf

Post by ecaf » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 9:23 am

envisage06 wrote:heyhey... im going for my steward interview on sun 08, 1040am... anyone same timing?
Heya,

My session is on this sunday too, but at 11am. Good luck!

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

HI ALL

Post by jerlyn » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:04 pm

Hi Hippcup, Julie, wawa, trish, M, pinkystar...*if only I can rem all the names here that I talked to*
It drawing near! Cheers.. and HAppy joyful new year..
btw, Even If I had not pass the first 2 rounds I was thinking abt the swimming test, does it require one to do the standardise backstroke, with the arms moving backwards.. :P
I just came back from a spin at the airport on sunday.. saw the FA.. **inspiring**

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: 8th Jan

Post by jerlyn » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:09 pm

garychien wrote:
sq_boy wrote:
garychien wrote: really? sorry...

silly me.. he eee.. i gues i messed it up... abit blur due to being nervous..

so sgboy, yr timeslot will be? maybe can meet up for lunch... hee hee..
Hey Gary,
Actually I got the same time slot as you but after much deliberation, I thk I will not be going for the interview. Lots of things to consider. Good luck to your interview. :wink:

u should go for the interview first and see how it goes... 'consideration' can be done later... interview first and consider later... i am sure there wont be any regrets if u go for the interview..
I agree with Gary. Many out there are yearning for an invite.You shd go, otherwise, why did the tot of a steward come across yr mind and that you send yr application with a purpose right? go...go...:D
cheers,
Jerlyn Ang

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: 0940 7th of jan

Post by jerlyn » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:18 pm

wawa wrote:
creamcheese wrote:Hi all, i jus happened to drop by tis forum.. OMG i can't belief there is so much discussion on da interview over here!! So happy to find out i'm not the only one out there will those dreams and anxiety.. hehe..
anyway , my timeslot is 0940am 7th of jan, anyone same time as me, so i can say hello tt day..
Well , on top of all, i wish all of u GD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! U CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!
Heya creamcheese,

my time slot is the same as you! same goes for jerlyn n careen...
heYA CREAMCHEESE and wawa... mine is 840am!..hee :lol:
bestest luck and what are you guys wearing.. *curiousity* cure my curiousity.. was just thinking what if someone had the same outfit as me.. **lol*** :lol:

rach

Hi

Post by rach » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 2:01 pm

Hi everybody,
Anyone's interview on this coming sunday, 8th January at 1.20pm? Please let me know k? All the best to everyone who are going for interview.
Live everyday to the fullest.

remus

Post by remus » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 2:17 pm

My one is on 8th 10am, Anyone's interview at this time slot? Best luck to everyone.

ecaf

Post by ecaf » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 2:37 pm

remus wrote:My one is on 8th 10am, Anyone's interview at this time slot? Best luck to everyone.
Hey there,

Mine is at 11am. But i have a slight problem...need to go find my birth cert! It's been ages since i last saw it..

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Re: HI ALL

Post by superpinkystar » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 2:42 pm

jerlyn wrote:Hi Hippcup, Julie, wawa, trish, M, pinkystar...*if only I can rem all the names here that I talked to*
btw, Even If I had not pass the first 2 rounds I was thinking abt the swimming test, does it require one to do the standardise backstroke, with the arms moving backwards.. :P
I just came back from a spin at the airport on sunday.. saw the FA.. **inspiring**
hello!!
for the swimming test. you can only swim backstroke. no other styles allowed. once you jumped from the mock plane of 3m high into the pool. you are to quickly turned around and swim backwards. remember!!!! those who are afraid of water and heights,DO NOT LET IT get to your head!! just jump okay? because once they know you panic, you are out immediately. :?
*smile always

garychien
Regular
Regular

cheers

Post by garychien » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 2:51 pm

Hey to those who are going for the interview.. GOOD LUCK...

and update us asap for those who are atteending the 7th jan session and let us share yr joy...

its jus a few days to the interview but the days seems to be longer than normal days...

Anxiety catching up with us...

CHEERS

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: HI ALL

Post by Paige » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 3:09 pm

superpinkystar wrote:
jerlyn wrote:Hi Hippcup, Julie, wawa, trish, M, pinkystar...*if only I can rem all the names here that I talked to*
hello!!
for the swimming test. you can only swim backstroke. no other styles allowed. once you jumped from the mock plane of 3m high into the pool. you are to quickly turned around and swim backwards. remember!!!! those who are afraid of water and heights,DO NOT LET IT get to your head!! just jump okay? because once they know you panic, you are out immediately. :?
Hihi..
I heard that we can oso wear life jacket rite? Is it true?
All the best to everyone who is goin for the interview..

Cheers!
Paige :wink: