Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
garychien
Regular
Regular

Re: 8th Jan

Post by garychien » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 7:35 pm

sq_boy wrote:
garychien wrote:
sq_boy wrote:Hi GaryChien,
I think interview on the 8th is for the stewards, not stewardess. :D
really? sorry...

silly me.. he eee.. i gues i messed it up... abit blur due to being nervous..

so sgboy, yr timeslot will be? maybe can meet up for lunch... hee hee..
Hey Gary,
Actually I got the same time slot as you but after much deliberation, I thk I will not be going for the interview. Lots of things to consider. Good luck to your interview. :wink:

u should go for the interview first and see how it goes... 'consideration' can be done later... interview first and consider later... i am sure there wont be any regrets if u go for the interview..

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Post by sq_boy » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 7:41 pm

garychien wrote:
sq_boy wrote:
garychien wrote: really? sorry...

silly me.. he eee.. i gues i messed it up... abit blur due to being nervous..

so sgboy, yr timeslot will be? maybe can meet up for lunch... hee hee..
Hey Gary,
Actually I got the same time slot as you but after much deliberation, I thk I will not be going for the interview. Lots of things to consider. Good luck to your interview. :wink:

u should go for the interview first and see how it goes... 'consideration' can be done later... interview first and consider later... i am sure there wont be any regrets if u go for the interview..
Hey Gary,
Thanks for the advice..I will consider for a few more days first and see how..I happened to read a book, "The sky is crazy". It is written by an ex-air stewardess on life as a flight attendant. Seriously, after reading this book, it kinda really make me think twice about being an air steward. But I will heed your advice and think about it these few days. Cheers. :)

garychien
Regular
Regular

Post by garychien » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 7:58 pm

ya...tats the spirit...

anyway... Happy New Year...and i look forward to meeting u there.. and ofcos everyone who is going to be there...

anyone with the same timeslot?

can always pm me or msn me? we can discuss abt the "PREPARATIONS" and lower our anxiety level..

CHeers...

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Post by sq_boy » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 8:28 pm

garychien wrote:ya...tats the spirit...

anyway... Happy New Year...and i look forward to meeting u there.. and ofcos everyone who is going to be there...

can always pm me or msn me? we can discuss abt the "PREPARATIONS" and lower our anxiety level..

CHeers...
Hey Gary,
Is dis your first time applying for steward? Any preparations you did so far? Seriously, I sm still not quite sure of the selection process. The threads here are mostly for stewardess..agree? I believe somehow, the selection will be different because the ladies have the kebaya fit but how about the guys? And also, do guys have to do the "CATWALK"as well...kee.....really not sure about all these...anyone can help to answer. I am sure these are what some of the stewards wannabes are urging to know as well.... :D

garychien
Regular
Regular

Post by garychien » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 8:37 pm

sq_boy wrote:

CHeers...
Hey Gary,
Is dis your first time applying for steward? Any preparations you did so far? Seriously, I sm still not quite sure of the selection process. The threads here are mostly for stewardess..agree? I believe somehow, the selection will be different because the ladies have the kebaya fit but how about the guys? And also, do guys have to do the "CATWALK"as well...kee.....really not sure about all these...anyone can help to answer. I am sure these are what some of the stewards wannabes are urging to know as well.... :D
ya.. this is the first time i am applying so i know nuts abt the selection, i haven done any preparation yet.. i gues i jus have to try handling it naturally and see how things goes... he ehe..

but still nervous..

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Post by sq_boy » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 8:56 pm

garychien wrote:
sq_boy wrote:

CHeers...
Hey Gary,
ya.. this is the first time i am applying so i know nuts abt the selection, i haven done any preparation yet.. i gues i jus have to try handling it naturally and see how things goes... he ehe..

but still nervous..
Hey Gary,
From what I gather, the first round of interview will involve mass interview. Meaning, they will placed you in groups of 10 then maybe will go thru a self-intro or the interviewers will ask a generic question and from there, a few will be selected and move on to the next round which is a 1-to-1 interview. You will be informed whether you are selected for the next round. If I am not wrong, the next round will involve a psychometric test (computer-aided) and then the swimming test (this, I am not so sure bt the guys....) and the catwalk thingy which i m confused too. After this, a few will be selected for a management interview then a tea party where they will gauge your personality from there....dat's all i know... :D some kind souls can help to verify? :wink:

garychien
Regular
Regular

Post by garychien » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 8:59 pm

maybe the guys will get to do the kebaya test too..

Haa haa..jus joking...

but i guess we jus haf to try to be relaxed and be as natural as possbiel right...

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 8:59 pm

And also, do guys have to do the "CATWALK"as

Maybe they have to do the 'DOGWALK' instead...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P

Just think about your working day as a steward. As I've said to others take your notepad and spend a day at the airport even go on a short flight.
Those that are already cabin crew won't mind talking to you - the basement area of the airport is where you always find some since the ATM's , banks, supermarkets, doctors is there.

Best of luck.

Plavt.

jaz_collections

Post by jaz_collections » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 9:09 pm

Happy new 2006

And good luck to those going for the SIA interview!

:D

envisage06

Post by envisage06 » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 9:49 pm

heyhey... im going for my steward interview on sun 08, 1040am... anyone same timing?

hiccup
Location: Singapore; Walking distance from Kembangan MRT station

Post by hiccup » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 10:16 pm

Plavt wrote:First of all your mate needs a swift trip to the bathroom to get is hair back to its normal colour.

Speaking an a language in addition to your own is always an advantage when applying for a job as a flight attendant so long as it is one that is used; e.g. Japanese, Thai, Indonesian, French, Spanish even Arabic to name but a few. You may have noticed those flight attendants who possess this capability where badges that indicate such.

He will have to learn to be a bit less quiet since as far as I can gather the interview or part of the interviews requires one to mingle with strangers.

He will also have to learn to live with his emotions; we all get upset when a close friend, relative or family member dies but we have to live with it.
He must remember that sometimes passengers die on planes and it has happened on a Singapore Airlines flight to London. We have to find ways to 'switch-off' from these things.
Thank you for your advice! For the sake of the job, he already "kwai-kwai”
Last edited by hiccup on Tue, 03 Jan 2006 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Professionalism means consistency of quality. Frank Tyger

EaStSider~

Post by EaStSider~ » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 10:49 pm

sq_boy wrote:
garychien wrote:
sq_boy wrote: Hey Gary,

but still nervous..
Hey Gary,
From what I gather, the first round of interview will involve mass interview. Meaning, they will placed you in groups of 10 then maybe will go thru a self-intro or the interviewers will ask a generic question and from there, a few will be selected and move on to the next round which is a 1-to-1 interview. You will be informed whether you are selected for the next round. If I am not wrong, the next round will involve a psychometric test (computer-aided) and then the swimming test (this, I am not so sure bt the guys....) and the catwalk thingy which i m confused too. After this, a few will be selected for a management interview then a tea party where they will gauge your personality from there....dat's all i know... :D some kind souls can help to verify? :wink:

Yup...ur mostly spot on! Its very much like those reality shows you see on tv.After every round,you will be put into a room,and they will call out your names.If your name is being called,you will head to the next round,which is the 1-1 interview.After which if the interviewer gives you a slip of paper,it means you are thru to the nt round.If not,better luck nt tyme.As for the next round is the psycho/swimmin test,usually most will go thru. The 'catwalk' is done juz b4 the swimmin/confidence test,nt as scary as it sounds,just a short walk up to the interviewer,in your trunks,that's all.If you are thru,you will be left wif the mgmt interview.Just this last round to impress the mgmt,once done,you're thru! :D
"Learning is the beginning of wealth.Learning is the beginning of health.Learning is the beginning of spirituality.Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins." ~ Jim Rohn

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Post by sq_boy » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:01 pm

EaStSider~ wrote:
sq_boy wrote:
garychien wrote: ya.. this is the first time i am applying so i know nuts abt the selection, i haven done any preparation yet.. i gues i jus have to try handling it naturally and see how things goes... he ehe..

but still nervous..
Hey Gary,

Yup...ur mostly spot on! Its very much like those reality shows you see on tv.After every round,you will be put into a room,and they will call out your names.If your name is being called,you will head to the next round,which is the 1-1 interview.After which if the interviewer gives you a slip of paper,it means you are thru to the nt round.If not,better luck nt tyme.As for the next round is the psycho/swimmin test,usually most will go thru. The 'catwalk' is done juz b4 the swimmin/confidence test,nt as scary as it sounds,just a short walk up to the interviewer,in your trunks,that's all.If you are thru,you will be left wif the mgmt interview.Just this last round to impress the mgmt,once done,you're thru! :D
Thanks Eastsider...
your info are great...thks a lot... :D

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:27 pm

sq_boy wrote:Hey Gary,
Day 1 - Round 1: 10 interviewees in a room. Different questions posed so dont harp on any generic ones? Upon successful clearence, you will remain for round 2.
Day 2 - Round 2: 1-1 interview with an interviewer. Upon successful clearence, you will be rewarded with day 2 programmes.

Day 2 - Round 1: Psychometric test. Nothing much, just enjoy the ride.
Day 2 - Round 2: Swimming test @ The Wet. Lifejackets will be provided and goggles are optional. Upon reaching the other side of the pool, you will be required to walk towards a management staff whom will conduct a body check.
Successful applicants' names will be made known end of the day.

Day 3 - Round 1: Management interview. Various questions asked, so be prepared for anything under the sun. Upon successful clearence, you will be retained for tea party.
Day 3 - Round 2: Tea party. Mingle for a tea session observed by interviewers. Do take note that casualities do occur. Upon successful clearence for final round, you will be informed to attend a medical checkup.

Basically these are the stages for the gentlemen and as for ladies, there are kebaya fitting and skin checks on day 2. Sequence wise, it might different.

There you go, so best of luck peeps. Preparation plays a small part while a good fortune will bring you far.

Cheers
M :cool:

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 7th & 8th Jan

Post by Paige » Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:06 am

M wrote:
sq_boy wrote:Hey Gary,
Day 1 - Round 1: 10 interviewees in a room. Different questions posed so dont harp on any generic ones? Upon successful clearence, you will remain for round 2.
Day 2 - Round 2: 1-1 interview with an interviewer. Upon successful clearence, you will be rewarded with day 2 programmes.

Day 2 - Round 1: Psychometric test. Nothing much, just enjoy the ride.
Day 2 - Round 2: Swimming test @ The Wet. Lifejackets will be provided and goggles are optional. Upon reaching the other side of the pool, you will be required to walk towards a management staff whom will conduct a body check.
Successful applicants' names will be made known end of the day.

Day 3 - Round 1: Management interview. Various questions asked, so be prepared for anything under the sun. Upon successful clearence, you will be retained for tea party.
Day 3 - Round 2: Tea party. Mingle for a tea session observed by interviewers. Do take note that casualities do occur. Upon successful clearence for final round, you will be informed to attend a medical checkup.

Basically these are the stages for the gentlemen and as for ladies, there are kebaya fitting and skin checks on day 2. Sequence wise, it might different.

There you go, so best of luck peeps. Preparation plays a small part while a good fortune will bring you far.

Cheers
M :cool:
Wow M,

The information u give us is so useful and detailed...
Thanks...
All the best for this saturday and sunday gers & guys! :D

Cheers!
Paige :wink: