Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: High Expectation for Male Applicant

Post by jerlyn » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:57 am

superpinkystar wrote:hi Jerlyn,
what time is your interview again? 9am or 920am? i added you on msn already. did you receive my PM?
my dear,
your nick in msn is?
mine is at 8.40am.. :lol:

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:46 pm

jerlyn wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:hi Jerlyn,
what time is your interview again? 9am or 920am? i added you on msn already. did you receive my PM?
my dear,
your nick in msn is?
mine is at 8.40am.. :lol:

LOL. I pm u again okay?
*smile always

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 8:13 pm

jerlyn wrote:Thank you Jerlyn for your encouragement! :D I think my friend received the notice yesterday! This time "jiar-lart liao"! He thought he will never be called for interview. ""Sway-sway" he cut and dyed his hair just the day before yesterday!

He told me he is going to be in deep "shit" this time seeing the interviewer with his dyed yellow hair. However, I am very sure he will sure redye his hair to black colour if employer wants him to do so. He is too tame and will do anything for the sake of the job. :wink:

Extra language may not meant anything. I am sure many of you (applicants) can speak at least a foreign language. Wait the interviewer, test him and scarly his tongue tight cannot speak more lagi "jiar-lart". Or worst come to worst he will "hum-tum" back in English.

He is extremely quiet and surely can tahan shitty "sai-garng" all alone without complaint. He is that type talk less work more.

He once worked in as a medical technologist for a private company (don't think he declared in his application form) and later had been working closely with NUH pediatrics department. Poor thing, during the SARs period, he almost camped at NUH (though NUH was safe at that time). He even hugged and played with those little cancer patients during his free time at NUH. I was wondering, he got no pay for doing that, really want to kenna SARs. He sheded his tears when he told me about a medical Professor died of lung collapse (due to SARs) when he met him 3 days ago at that time. Worst. he knew one children patient died of cancer, sobbed like macham no tomorrow. I will laugh-off my seats wait if the interviewers poked him with sad stories and he'll bound to burst into tears.

That was just only a "minor tip of the ice-berg" story. Furthermore, he can do lots of incredible and unusual things Singaporeans don't do (Though he is a Singaporean), I really can take my hat-off when he told me about his adventurous stories. Scarly, the interviewers think that he cooked up cock-&-bull stories if they asked him to talk about the things he done. Think I'll advise him not to share too much with interviewers. :P

Personality is hardest to test, I doubt experienced interviewers can see thru inner character/personality and probably he may not be the ideal candidate what SIA is looking for.
Hi Hiccup,
I think you have got an interesting fren who is going to be a steward soon..
:lol:
YOu are such a great entertainer i believe, bless your fren and spur him on..did you try to apply as well? or this career is not ur cup of tea, coz I think you have got a very natural personality here.

TO ALL SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES, dun fret out if eyes are watching you during the interviews, they are as nervous as you! and rem not to be senstive towards how others are judging you! smiles.. I am rephrasing to myselfs too!
Cheers,
Jerlyn Ang[/quote]

Hi hi Hiccup,

That's what happened to me as well! I went to dyed my hair red and got my invite one day later. Then I went to dye it back black again. Now I look like chinadoll cause my hair too black already. haha.. hope the interviewer like Chinadoll.

What Plavt said is correct. you friend really have to control his feelings, especially working in service line as you have to be really cool minded. I was 'trained' to be the iron mask while working in the travel line. Customers can scream and shout and accuse you but you still have to smile to them and explain everything to them patiently. Very hard to do when you 1st step into the service line but it's one thing that he definately have to secure. But he's very cute and sentimental though. Must be a really nice guy! Best of luck to him!

And YESH Jerlyn, totally agree with you! A great smile can earns you points. Especially a geuniue one! Some smiles are really fake and the interviewer can surely see that! So have plenty of sleep the night before. Can prevent eye bags as well! Poor girl, you session so early ah. Too bad might quite late. Wanna have lunch after that? If time permits of course. I was telling Careen about that as well. Think Trish will be able to join us as well. I was telling them whether I'm able to make it to the next round or not, I definately wanna meet you guys up! How about it? PM me your hp ok??

Best Regards and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! HAVE A NICE COUNTDOWN TONIGHT!
This year is definately special as 2006 is coming 1 second late! Something special must be coming true!

Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

jenga

Re: 0940 7th of jan

Post by jenga » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 9:33 pm

creamcheese wrote:Hi all, i jus happened to drop by tis forum.. OMG i can't belief there is so much discussion on da interview over here!! So happy to find out i'm not the only one out there will those dreams and anxiety.. hehe..
anyway , my timeslot is 0940am 7th of jan, anyone same time as me, so i can say hello tt day..
Well , on top of all, i wish all of u GD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! U CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!
Hi,

me too! heehee.. hw's your preparation for the speech?

:)

abastos

abastos

Post by abastos » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:13 pm

Wish you all Singapore Airline FSes and FSSes a wonderful new year 2006! Wish all Aspiring FAs an interview granted. Wish all of you success in all of the interviews and to soar high in the sky with SIA because like every says, SIA, the revolutionary Airline that takes the welfare of their crew into their best interests! Ciao all!

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

All the Best...

Post by Paige » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 1:08 am

Dear all Cabin Crew Wannabes...

Happy New Year to all of you.. Hope our dream to become cabin crew will come true in year 2006...

Best Wishes..
Paige :wink:

kwyam1

Post by kwyam1 » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 2:18 am

hmmm i din get the invitation? is it due to late application? :???: haha i sent in on the last day itself by snail mail!! bleh.. oh HApPy 2006!! :roll:

creamcheese

Post by creamcheese » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 3:43 am

jenga wrote:
creamcheese wrote:Hi all, i jus happened to drop by tis forum.. OMG i can't belief there is so much discussion on da interview over here!! So happy to find out i'm not the only one out there will those dreams and anxiety.. hehe..
anyway , my timeslot is 0940am 7th of jan, anyone same time as me, so i can say hello tt day..
Hi,

Hi jenga,

u too schedule for 940am interview? well, i din really prepare for any speech cos i guess i jus wan to b myself and naturally say out watever is in my mind. I jus went for emirates interwiew last month and unfortunately i got kick out at the 4th round... i learnt that result of the interview surely depends alot on luck, dun gif urself too much pressure nor too much false hope. Jus be urself, i guess u will shine the best tis way.. Gd luck!!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 10:48 am

kwyam1 wrote:hmmm i din get the invitation? is it due to late application? :???: haha i sent in on the last day itself by snail mail!! bleh.. oh HApPy 2006!! :roll:
I reckon that has to be the case? If you really want the invite, the mail should be sent out way earlier? :???:

M :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 10:50 am

Belle07 wrote:Hi everyone...

Any girl who is above 25 and is being shortlisted for the coming SQ interview? Need to know badly....Thanks :-|
I think there are quite a handful in the forum, maybe just 1? My friend whom is 26 didn't receive any invites thou? :???:

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 1:56 pm

creamcheese wrote:
jenga wrote:
Hi,

Hi jenga,

u too schedule for 940am interview? well, i din really prepare for any speech cos i guess i jus wan to b myself and naturally say out watever is in my mind. I jus went for emirates interwiew last month and unfortunately i got kick out at the 4th round... i learnt that result of the interview surely depends alot on luck, dun gif urself too much pressure nor too much false hope. Jus be urself, i guess u will shine the best tis way.. Gd luck!!
Hi Creamcheese and jenga!

I'm scheduled for the 9.40am session as well! That's great! Heez.. Bet that we will be able to see each other and give each other support! You must be good, creamcheese, otherwise you won't be making to the 4th round! Best of luck and see you guys on Sat! =) Really looked forward man!

Best Regards and Happy 2006!

Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 2:36 pm

M wrote:

Any girl who is above 25 and is being shortlisted for the coming SQ interview? Need to know badly....Thanks :-|
I think there are quite a handful in the forum, maybe just 1? My friend whom is 26 didn't receive any invites thou? :???:

Hihi..
Does 25 goin 26 counts? :p
I will be 26 in 2006...

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

berdee5155

Post by berdee5155 » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 3:44 pm

hey gal!

I'm 26 this yr and will b gng for the 0920 hrs interview this sat.

this is my 3rd try liao, so hoping to get in tis time!!

creamcheese

Post by creamcheese » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 4:01 pm

Hi Julie,

Thanks for ur reply julie, me too, i'm looking forward to meet u gals who share my dream, :oops: hehe.. i got kick out at 4th round i would rather they do tt in the first round, cos involves alot of time wasted, still feel abit disappointed.. :( hopefully it won't affect tis coming interview wif SQ. Emirates interview is quite tedious ( hope tt SQ is not tt bad) and it require to b base in dubai, tho their pay is higher , i still tink SQ is beta. Wonder anyone went for tt interview?? Anyway, Cya on sat!! ALL THE BEST PPLE OUT THERE!!!!!!! Best of luck@!

koko1

Post by koko1 » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 5:52 pm

Hi! Is there anyone whose interview is at 11am this coming Sat? All of you seem to have very early slots.

Good Luck! =)