Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Invites

Post by sq_boy » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:19 pm

Hi to all steward wannabes,
I have received an invite for steward interview on 8th Jan Sunday at 0920 hours. Best to luck to those guys who have not received it. :)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Invites

Post by M » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:01 pm

sq_boy wrote:Hi to all steward wannabes,
I have received an invite for steward interview on 8th Jan Sunday at 0920 hours. Best to luck to those guys who have not received it. :)
Goodluck! Btw, how old are ya?

M :cool:

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Post by sq_boy » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:05 pm

M wrote:

Thanks M..I am 26 this year. Haha...old liao lah..... :wink:

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Post by sq_boy » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:13 pm

Hey M..
are you with SIA? :wink:

Trish
Regular
Regular

Post by Trish » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:21 pm

sq_boy wrote:
M wrote:

Helo sq_boy, u are nt old. u are mature...still a long way to go.good luck!

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Post by sq_boy » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:22 pm

Trish wrote:
sq_boy wrote:
M wrote: Goodluck! Btw, how old are ya?

Helo sq_boy, u are nt old. u are mature...still a long way to go.good luck!
Hey Trish..
Thanks for your consolation..... :wink:

Belle07

Post by Belle07 » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:23 pm

Hi everyone...

Any girl who is above 25 and is being shortlisted for the coming SQ interview? Need to know badly....Thanks :-|

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Quiet

Post by sq_boy » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:55 pm

This forum seems so quiet these few days....where are all the people? :(

creamcheese

0940 7th of jan

Post by creamcheese » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:03 am

Hi all, i jus happened to drop by tis forum.. OMG i can't belief there is so much discussion on da interview over here!! So happy to find out i'm not the only one out there will those dreams and anxiety.. hehe..
anyway , my timeslot is 0940am 7th of jan, anyone same time as me, so i can say hello tt day..
Well , on top of all, i wish all of u GD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! U CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:17 am

sq_boy wrote:Hey M..
are you with SIA? :wink:
No im not! :roll: 26 is good cause we share the same year. :cool:

hiccup
Location: Singapore; Walking distance from Kembangan MRT station

High Expectation for Male Applicant

Post by hiccup » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 2:07 am

hiccup wrote:So envy for you, ladies! Unfortunately, not for the guys.

My friend (man) tried for his second time. Up till now, no news from SIA. I guess, must tell him to give up.

He sent in his 'soo-ku' decent photograph (together with CV and application on 12 December) and I nearly laugh-off my seat when I saw his picture. From his decent photograph, he looks like a blur-cock but the fantastic thing is, he has a CPL with I/R. That shows that he has enthusiaism in flying. This friend of mine can speaks Spanish fairly well, really quiet, can tahan 'sai-kgarng' and capable in doing one man show. He started his business and later collasped. He felt so shameful and never declared under the column of the job status in his application form.

He has lots of achievement yet his application look so blank. May be SIA find him boring and never call him for interview. Poor thing, looks like SIA doesn't want him.

jerlyn wrote:**touch wood** maybe his invite is on the way...Don't make him lost hope till he himself decided to give up.. Since he has got an extra language to back him up, chances are high. Looks can be deciving, I am sure the experienced interviewers know that, its easy to groom and polish a person superficially but for the innar personality, you cant. If he's got the personality, he will make you..
cheer him up, i know guys are realistic, there are times a lil dream will turn into a reality too.. cheers! Jerlyn
Thank you Jerlyn for your encouragement! :D I think my friend received the notice yesterday! This time "jiar-lart liao"! He thought he will never be called for interview. ""Sway-sway" he cut and dyed his hair just the day before yesterday!

He told me he is going to be in deep "shit" this time seeing the interviewer with his dyed yellow hair. However, I am very sure he will sure redye his hair to black colour if employer wants him to do so. He is too tame and will do anything for the sake of the job. :wink:

Extra language may not meant anything. I am sure many of you (applicants) can speak at least a foreign language. Wait the interviewer, test him and scarly his tongue tight cannot speak more lagi "jiar-lart". Or worst come to worst he will "hum-tum" back in English.

He is extremely quiet and surely can tahan shitty "sai-garng" all alone without complaint. He is that type talk less work more.

He once worked in as a medical technologist for a private company (don't think he declared in his application form) and later had been working closely with NUH pediatrics department. Poor thing, during the SARs period, he almost camped at NUH (though NUH was safe at that time). He even hugged and played with those little cancer patients during his free time at NUH. I was wondering, he got no pay for doing that, really want to kenna SARs. He sheded his tears when he told me about a medical Professor died of lung collapse (due to SARs) when he met him 3 days ago at that time. Worst. he knew one children patient died of cancer, sobbed like macham no tomorrow. I will laugh-off my seats wait if the interviewers poked him with sad stories and he'll bound to burst into tears.

That was just only a "minor tip of the ice-berg" story. Furthermore, he can do lots of incredible and unusual things Singaporeans don't do (Though he is a Singaporean), I really can take my hat-off when he told me about his adventurous stories. Scarly, the interviewers think that he cooked up cock-&-bull stories if they asked him to talk about the things he done. Think I'll advise him not to share too much with interviewers. :P

Personality is hardest to test, I doubt experienced interviewers can see thru inner character/personality and probably he may not be the ideal candidate what SIA is looking for.
Professionalism means consistency of quality. Frank Tyger

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 3:08 am

Hiccup,

First of all your mate needs a swift trip to the bathroom to get is hair back to its normal colour.

Speaking an a language in addition to your own is always an advantage when applying for a job as a flight attendant so long as it is one that is used; e.g. Japanese, Thai, Indonesian, French, Spanish even Arabic to name but a few. You may have noticed those flight attendants who possess this capability where badges that indicate such.

He will have to learn to be a bit less quiet since as far as I can gather the interview or part of the interviews requires one to mingle with strangers.

He will also have to learn to live with his emotions; we all get upset when a close friend, relative or family member dies but we have to live with it.
He must remember that sometimes passengers die on planes and it has happened on a Singapore Airlines flight to London. We have to find ways to 'switch-off' from these things.

Finally, I don't think the interviewers will think he has 'cooked-up' stories they will have ways of telling whether what he is saying is the truth. I won’t tell you who but one person on this forum 'scuppered' their chances by lying. However, it seems your friend has some work to do and I wish him well.

Plavt.

ecaf

Post by ecaf » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 4:55 am

Congrats! And all the best to all of us for the interview now :wink:

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: High Expectation for Male Applicant

Post by jerlyn » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:11 am

Thank you Jerlyn for your encouragement! :D I think my friend received the notice yesterday! This time "jiar-lart liao"! He thought he will never be called for interview. ""Sway-sway" he cut and dyed his hair just the day before yesterday!

He told me he is going to be in deep "shit" this time seeing the interviewer with his dyed yellow hair. However, I am very sure he will sure redye his hair to black colour if employer wants him to do so. He is too tame and will do anything for the sake of the job. :wink:

Extra language may not meant anything. I am sure many of you (applicants) can speak at least a foreign language. Wait the interviewer, test him and scarly his tongue tight cannot speak more lagi "jiar-lart". Or worst come to worst he will "hum-tum" back in English.

He is extremely quiet and surely can tahan shitty "sai-garng" all alone without complaint. He is that type talk less work more.

He once worked in as a medical technologist for a private company (don't think he declared in his application form) and later had been working closely with NUH pediatrics department. Poor thing, during the SARs period, he almost camped at NUH (though NUH was safe at that time). He even hugged and played with those little cancer patients during his free time at NUH. I was wondering, he got no pay for doing that, really want to kenna SARs. He sheded his tears when he told me about a medical Professor died of lung collapse (due to SARs) when he met him 3 days ago at that time. Worst. he knew one children patient died of cancer, sobbed like macham no tomorrow. I will laugh-off my seats wait if the interviewers poked him with sad stories and he'll bound to burst into tears.

That was just only a "minor tip of the ice-berg" story. Furthermore, he can do lots of incredible and unusual things Singaporeans don't do (Though he is a Singaporean), I really can take my hat-off when he told me about his adventurous stories. Scarly, the interviewers think that he cooked up cock-&-bull stories if they asked him to talk about the things he done. Think I'll advise him not to share too much with interviewers. :P

Personality is hardest to test, I doubt experienced interviewers can see thru inner character/personality and probably he may not be the ideal candidate what SIA is looking for.
[/quote]

Hi Hiccup,
I think you have got an interesting fren who is going to be a steward soon..
:lol:
YOu are such a great entertainer i believe, bless your fren and spur him on..did you try to apply as well? or this career is not ur cup of tea, coz I think you have got a very natural personality here.

TO ALL SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES, dun fret out if eyes are watching you during the interviews, they are as nervous as you! and rem not to be senstive towards how others are judging you! smiles.. I am rephrasing to myselfs too!
Cheers,
Jerlyn Ang

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Re: High Expectation for Male Applicant

Post by superpinkystar » Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:20 am

hi Jerlyn,
what time is your interview again? 9am or 920am? i added you on msn already. did you receive my PM?
*smile always