Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Trish
Regular
Regular

Post by Trish » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 7:12 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:I doubt I'll get the same timing as you girls (IF I get invited) coz you girls sent in way earlier. So maybe I'll get the afternoon slot? (IF I get invited) where's queenie? She hasn't been posting lately.
Dear Singaporegrrl,

I think the interview will take the whole day if I'm not wrong. We still will meet. Now I know how you look like and i will wave hard to you when i see you k!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
haha n i will be with Julie together waving hard at you too!!!!! Stay positive ok, Singaporegrrl????

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Re: Cabin Crew

Post by superpinkystar » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 7:35 pm

wawa wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:
voxvox wrote: Hi superpinkystar, yes. i also got the email invitation this afternoon. My slot is on 7th Jan, 9am. Perhaps, we can go together?

As for the others who have also sent in yr application, i guess your email invitations will be coming on the way very soon. Gambatte! :)

heya,
yeap. maybe can meet up. your 1st attempt? this is my 2nd. i failed management round last mth.

Hi superpinkystar,

just curios you mentioned tis is ur 2nd attempt from the last failed attempt during the mgt intv...was wondering did you abide the 6mnths grace before u applied again? Or you just apply again right after the 1st failed attempt?
actually no. i asked my stewardess friends about this thing. there is no such thing. if you are determined. go for it
*smile always

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 7:47 pm

Yeah I hope I could meet you girls in person and wave hard at you girls. I'm keeping myself positive by telling myself that I haven't gotten the invitation coz I sent my application the later part of the week. Haha! Yeah I hope my thoughts are true.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

CamilleBax

Post by CamilleBax » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 9:56 pm

Hi Girls, I got the interview too. Mine is 10am. All the best to those who are going. :D

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:05 pm

Trish wrote:hi wawa and julie, mine is also @ 9.40am...can we go together? OMG!!! I also having mixed feeling nw. I'm the kind who get nervous v easily and start to stammer in front of crowds n esp interview. How can i handle tis situation??? I thinking of backing out....
trish, mind over body. on the faithful day, mingle around with the rest of the girls and engage in conversations. this will distract you from your focus and hopefully, you will find your calmness on the day. it isnt that bad for the 1st round interview with 10 in a room, excluding the 2 interviewers, so basically just give your best shot. tension might be high, but learn to control yourself.

dont prepare too much for the interview. just learn and understand what might be posed to you, and just let your flair bring you through on that day itself.

godspeed.

M :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Cabin Crew

Post by M » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:13 pm

superpinkystar wrote: heya,
yeap. maybe can meet up. your 1st attempt? this is my 2nd. i failed management round last mth.
pinky, what happened for last management? whatever it is, give it your best shot and clear this round.

godspeed.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Singapore Airlines still weighing Boeing, Airbus offers

Post by M » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:16 pm

SINGAPORE : Singapore Airlines is still weighing proposals from both US-based Boeing and its European rival Airbus, and no decision on the purchase of new passenger jets is imminent, the carrier's spokesman said Tuesday.

"We are still evaluating proposals from both manufacturers and we are not leaning one way or the other at this stage of the process," Stephen Forshaw, the airline's vice-president of public affairs, told AFP.

Neither has there been any decision on the number of aircraft, he said.

"The decision isn't imminent," Forshaw added.

Boeing shares hit an all-time high Friday after a report that Singapore Airlines was leaning to Boeing over Airbus for a big order of long-range jets.

But the airline, one of Asia's biggest carriers, could still be swayed by price cuts from Airbus, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The deal could involve firm orders for 66 to 80 Boeing jets, unidentified sources told the business newspaper.

"This is one of the last major Asian campaigns to be resolved and Airbus, whose A340 Singapore currently flies, will no doubt be slashing their prices to regain some market share after a triumphant year in the region for Boeing's wide-body offerings," Bank of America Securities analyst Nick Fothergill said.

Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific and Australia's Qantas both recently booked major orders for Boeing jets, after the company won a succession of big orders from China.

As of December 20, Boeing's net orders for 2005 stood at 870 planes, trumping Airbus, which in recent years has overtaken Boeing in numbers of planes delivered to customers.

While its young 90-plane fleet is mostly Boeing, Singapore Airlines will be the first to fly Airbus's new A380 superjumbo.

SIA has ordered 10 A380s with another 15 on option and will be the first airline to take delivery of the double-decker jet in November 2006. The company also operates five Airbus A340s.

Airbus is also counting on orders in Asia, announcing this month its biggest deal yet in China, for 150 mid-range planes worth nearly 10 billion dollars.
An interesting piece of news. More FAs are needed eh? :P

irin

Post by irin » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:36 pm

hi girls!

congrats to all of u! =)
Last edited by irin on Fri, 20 Jan 2006 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:38 pm

Trish wrote:hi wawa and julie, mine is also @ 9.40am...can we go together? OMG!!! I also having mixed feeling nw. I'm the kind who get nervous v easily and start to stammer in front of crowds n esp interview. How can i handle tis situation??? I thinking of backing out....
Hey Trish,

pls dont ever tink of backing out!! If you do...tink of those who r waiting badly wanting and waiting to receive the email invites. You must stay focus. Tell you the truth, I do face the same problem...stammering at my words whenever I speak infront of many ppl...its the tension n the feeling of nervousness tat will dampens us down thus we got to fight tat negative vibes n give our best shot!! We have ample time from now to get prepared for ourselves, infact all these while I'v been tinkin all sorts of possible questions tat might be posed to me. So I'm practising...practise n practise.....SInce Trish and julie havin the same time slot...n me staying at Tampines we can meet somewhere to head down the place togeta. Cab sharing?

berdee5155

SIA Cabin crew

Post by berdee5155 » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:40 pm

Hi Gals,

I'm oso new to this forum. I just got my reply from SIA and this is my 3rd try...hahaha..anyway, i am slotted at 7 Jan as well, at 0920hrs, any one same slot?

Hiaz, I am actuali 25 oredi and i hope i can get thru this time...:T

I stay in the east, anyone from there?

irin wrote:hi girls!
congrats to all of u! =)

i am still waiting... but i doubt i will receive cos i sent in by snail mail on the 15th dec and well, i am not young... me gg to be 27 in jan 2006. and that's very old to be a FA....

all the best to all of ya!!! :)

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:41 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
Trish wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote: Dear Trish!

NO!!! You have make it this far just go for it! Be calm and just practice your lines now! Still got 2 weeks and you can make it and of course you can come with us! Wawa and Trish, where you guys stay! Maybe we can meet for breakfast?

Best Regards,
Julie
Hey Julie,

Tks for ur encouragement. Tis is my 2nd attempt and can't believe i really get the invitation. Yeah u r rite. since i mak it tis far i shldn't give up even though i tink tt most likely i won't pass the 1st round. i stay at boon lay. how abt u? I would be happy to meet up for breakfast. wanna discuss on msn? mind pm me ur msn add?
Dear Trish!

That's the spirit gal! =) Boon Lay really far! Actually I'm not very sure where is the location. Let me find out more then fix a venue to meet and have breakfast and gal, no need to doubt yourself as you have succeeded in getting the invite! Just give your best shot yah!

[email protected]

Best regards,
Julie Tan

Hey babes of 0940am~

I've been to the place b4 like 2 yrs ago...its along the upper changi rd...quite near to Tanah Merah. BUt since its in the morn...not wanting to be late I tink the safest is to take a cab frm Tampines cos the bus stop right in-front of the location which is bus no.2 takes a long time to arrive. Trust me~

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:51 pm

irin wrote:hi girls!
congrats to all of u! =)

i am still waiting... but i doubt i will receive cos i sent in by snail mail on the 15th dec and well, i am not young... me gg to be 27 in jan 2006. and that's very old to be a FA....

all the best to all of ya!!! :)
Hey Irin,
Dun give up k? coz i have a friend in SQ, she told me that there are gals of age 27 in her batch during training.. so dun give up?

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:51 pm

wawa wrote:Hey babes of 0940am~

I've been to the place b4 like 2 yrs ago...its along the upper changi rd...quite near to Tanah Merah. BUt since its in the morn...not wanting to be late I tink the safest is to take a cab frm Tampines cos the bus stop right in-front of the location which is bus no.2 takes a long time to arrive. Trust me~
nah, tenah merah is nearer and bus 24 services the route too. cab from tampines is much further than tanah merah isnt it? :cool:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:52 pm

Congrats Wawa,
Remember to keep your research/homework or whatever you want to call it. Like I said to others - find out all you can about the airline, spend some time at the airport - get to know the layout, talk to the crews, better still go on a short flight. Not saying I know the answers but if you can at least show you are genuinely interested it will help. Try to find some books on social interaction/human behavior; if successful you will have lot of human beings to deal with sometimes a daunting task.

Best Wishes and don't 'put your feet up' just yet.

Plavt.

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

SQ Interview @ 1040

Post by Paige » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:54 pm

Hi Gers!

I juz came bk from Perth.. Went there for xmas to visit my bf... When I came bk and checked my email that i was shortlisted... Yippi!! Wow.. I had really tried alot of times man.. Btw.... anyone same timing as me? @ 1040? pls PM me k?

Cheers!
Paige :wink:
Last edited by Paige on Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.