Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
S.V

Post by S.V » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 5:06 pm

jerlyn wrote:
S.V wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote: Oh Singaporegrrl!

You are so young! =) Good to start out in this line at such a tender age as your working span will be longer as well. Don't worry, I'm sure that SIA will accept girls at 20 years old! =)

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Yup... Julie.... couldnt agree more with you!! in fact.... SIA even take in girls that are at the age of 19 (heard from my frenz).....
duh... people like me who are in the mid 20s.... basically in a panick mode now... cant even afford to waste a single minute... nevertheless I WILL NOT give up.... neither will u gals ok??!!.....
Kym Ng tried more than 5 times before she earned her wings :wink:
Hi SV,

hope time allows. I will continue to try.. but I just can stand the anxiey and disappointment sometimes.. lol
anyway.. let's all preserve and support one another, yar?... ..if I dun get the invites, (choy).. i will still try! and take it as more time to refine and improve myself..
:D
Hi Jerlyn....
touchwood ah..... u WILL get the invite soon.... very soon.... the rest of the babes have gotten theirs.... so yours will be on its way!! :wink:
May the power of auntie s.v be with you.... hahahah....
you'll always have my support.... that's for sure :D
FOR U ALL OUT THERE:
'Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly' :)

S.V

Re: Cabin Crew

Post by S.V » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 5:27 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
voxvox wrote:
wawa wrote:

Im extremely exhilarated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just check my mails n this is what I got :

Thank you for your recent application for the position of Flight
Stewardess
with Singapore Airlines.
I am pleased to invite you for an interview on Saturday 07 January
2006, at 0940 hrs,

Oh my gawd!! All the yrs I've been waiting n waiting since 2003 finally after 2 yrs of despair I gotten the invite. I'll make sure I try my very best tis time. PLs update me..anyone else around the same timing as I am??
Jerlyn...julie...queenie..singaporegrrl..what abt u gerls?? Oh mine..my heart is beating so hard now...so happy :D

hi wawa, congrats! I can understand that you are feeling extremely excited abt the interview. I am havin mix feelings now. I felt happy and gald that i got the invitation. However, i am beginning to worry abt the interview day. Not sure what they will ask us and what is expected from us... If anyone knows, please enlighten me.
Dear Vox,

Hmmm.. you will be the earlier slot. Can't go with you to give you support. But Pink is in the same slot with you! Both of you can go together yah! The questions are different everytime. There are no 10 years series or something like that. Just be yourself, answer very question posted to you with grace and confident, know what you are saying, don't giggle and move around will do. Also, mingle with other girls! Make friends! This is a fun experience as well and you will not know how many friends you will be able to make during this interview! I believe we might meet each other on that day! Really look forward! Oh, by the way, all the girls, please remember to prepare a speech of your introduction! I believe they will be expecting to hear that!

Jerlyn, how about you?? I was hopping to be in the same round as you... Look forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
Julie
Hey Ladies,

May i know roughly when did u gals sent in the applications.... beginning week of the recruitment drive??
Congrats to u all..... and all the very best during your interview.....
my prayers will be with you........ :D
FOR U ALL OUT THERE:
'Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly' :)

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 5:33 pm

superpinkystar wrote:
voxvox wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:hey girls.
those who have applied. please check your emails!! interview is on the 7th Jan. anyone going for 9am interview???
Hi superpinkystar, yes. i also got the email invitation this afternoon. My slot is on 7th Jan, 9am. Perhaps, we can go together?

As for the others who have also sent in yr application, i guess your email invitations will be coming on the way very soon. Gambatte! :)

heya,
yeap. maybe can meet up. your 1st attempt? this is my 2nd. i failed management round last mth.

Hi superpinkystar,

just curios you mentioned tis is ur 2nd attempt from the last failed attempt during the mgt intv...was wondering did you abide the 6mnths grace before u applied again? Or you just apply again right after the 1st failed attempt?

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 5:43 pm

S.V wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
voxvox wrote:
hi wawa, congrats! I can understand that you are feeling extremely excited abt the interview. I am havin mix feelings now. I felt happy and gald that i got the invitation. However, i am beginning to worry abt the interview day. Not sure what they will ask us and what is expected from us... If anyone knows, please enlighten me.
Dear Vox,

Hmmm.. you will be the earlier slot. Can't go with you to give you support. But Pink is in the same slot with you! Both of you can go together yah! The questions are different everytime. There are no 10 years series or something like that. Just be yourself, answer very question posted to you with grace and confident, know what you are saying, don't giggle and move around will do. Also, mingle with other girls! Make friends! This is a fun experience as well and you will not know how many friends you will be able to make during this interview! I believe we might meet each other on that day! Really look forward! Oh, by the way, all the girls, please remember to prepare a speech of your introduction! I believe they will be expecting to hear that!

Jerlyn, how about you?? I was hopping to be in the same round as you... Look forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
Julie
Hey Ladies,

May i know roughly when did u gals sent in the applications.... beginning week of the recruitment drive??

Dear all girls who have not receive their invites...dun worry ...still got the afternoon slot to be slotted in ...at the very moment only mornin slot are informed so still got chance....dun be despair ...
jiayou jiayou :wink:

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 5:46 pm

S.V wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
voxvox wrote:
Dear Vox,

Best Regards,
Julie
Hey Ladies,

Dear SV,

Thank you for your prayers!

I actually send my application via snail mail on the 10th Dec'05 itself when the advertise are out.. Yah.. the kiasu me got everything ready way before hand..

Best regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

Trish
Regular
Regular

Post by Trish » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 5:53 pm

hi wawa and julie, mine is also @ 9.40am...can we go together? OMG!!! I also having mixed feeling nw. I'm the kind who get nervous v easily and start to stammer in front of crowds n esp interview. How can i handle tis situation??? I thinking of backing out....

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 5:55 pm

S.V wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
voxvox wrote:
Dear Vox,

Best Regards,
Julie
Hey Ladies,

I actually send mine in the early part of the week by snail mail~

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 5:57 pm

Wow congrats to everyone who have gotten their invitation. I'm still waiting. Maybe you girls sent in your application earlier? I sent in 2 days before the dateline maybe that's why I haven't gotten any invitations. But I still won't hope much. My qualification do not meet the requirement. So I'm rather skeptic about my chances. But I'll still pray hard for a positive outcome. I was so kiasu that I sent in my list of accomplishments as well, a whole page of them. Hope it will higher my chances of getting invited.

Fingers crossed! :shock:
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 6:00 pm

Trish wrote:hi wawa and julie, mine is also @ 9.40am...can we go together? OMG!!! I also having mixed feeling nw. I'm the kind who get nervous v easily and start to stammer in front of crowds n esp interview. How can i handle tis situation??? I thinking of backing out....
Dear Trish!

NO!!! You have make it this far just go for it! Be calm and just practice your lines now! Still got 2 weeks and you can make it and of course you can come with us! Wawa and Trish, where you guys stay! Maybe we can meet for breakfast?

Best Regards,
Julie

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 6:03 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:Wow congrats to everyone who have gotten their invitation. I'm still waiting. Maybe you girls sent in your application earlier? I sent in 2 days before the dateline maybe that's why I haven't gotten any invitations. But I still won't hope much. My qualification do not meet the requirement. So I'm rather skeptic about my chances. But I'll still pray hard for a positive outcome. I was so kiasu that I sent in my list of accomplishments as well, a whole page of them. Hope it will higher my chances of getting invited.

Fingers crossed! :shock:
Dear Singaporegrrl,

Yes! That's the spirit! Positive mindset yah! =) Good luck and hope you get your invite soon and better still, be in the same slot as me! =)

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

Trish
Regular
Regular

Post by Trish » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 6:12 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
Trish wrote:hi wawa and julie, mine is also @ 9.40am...can we go together? OMG!!! I also having mixed feeling nw. I'm the kind who get nervous v easily and start to stammer in front of crowds n esp interview. How can i handle tis situation??? I thinking of backing out....
Dear Trish!

NO!!! You have make it this far just go for it! Be calm and just practice your lines now! Still got 2 weeks and you can make it and of course you can come with us! Wawa and Trish, where you guys stay! Maybe we can meet for breakfast?

Best Regards,
Julie
Hey Julie,

Tks for ur encouragement. Tis is my 2nd attempt and can't believe i really get the invitation. Yeah u r rite. since i mak it tis far i shldn't give up even though i tink tt most likely i won't pass the 1st round. i stay at boon lay. how abt u? I would be happy to meet up for breakfast. wanna discuss on msn? mind pm me ur msn add?

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 6:15 pm

I doubt I'll get the same timing as you girls (IF I get invited) coz you girls sent in way earlier. So maybe I'll get the afternoon slot? (IF I get invited) where's queenie? She hasn't been posting lately.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 6:23 pm

Trish wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
Dear Trish!

Best Regards,
Julie
Hey Julie,

Tks for ur encouragement. Tis is my 2nd attempt and can't believe i really get the invitation. Yeah u r rite. since i mak it tis far i shldn't give up even though i tink tt most likely i won't pass the 1st round. i stay at boon lay. how abt u? I would be happy to meet up for breakfast. wanna discuss on msn? mind pm me ur msn add?
Dear Trish!

That's the spirit gal! =) Boon Lay really far! Actually I'm not very sure where is the location. Let me find out more then fix a venue to meet and have breakfast and gal, no need to doubt yourself as you have succeeded in getting the invite! Just give your best shot yah!

[email protected]

Best regards,
Julie Tan

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 7:07 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:I doubt I'll get the same timing as you girls (IF I get invited) coz you girls sent in way earlier. So maybe I'll get the afternoon slot? (IF I get invited) where's queenie? She hasn't been posting lately.
Dear Singaporegrrl,

I think the interview will take the whole day if I'm not wrong. We still will meet. Now I know how you look like and i will wave hard to you when i see you k!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

Ms G

Post by Ms G » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 7:08 pm

hey, i got my invite! :D
mine's on 7 jan at 1000hr.
anyone with the same time slot?

and to those who have not gotten their invites yet, gd luck!!! and please do not give up hope!!