Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:43 am

wawa wrote:
*junie* wrote:Hi all,

Anyone interested in becoming part of Emirates? They will be having a recruitment drive for cabin crew on the 30th December 2005, at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, Singapore.

Wish everyone on this forum a "Merry and Blessed Christmas" and a "Happy New Year". :D

Hey Junie,

thanks for the info unfortunately 30th dec is a weekday...why do they conduct the intv tis time on a weekday cause most ppl like me who r having an office hrs job might not be able to make it. Might be giving it a missed and I knoe the next time round they conduct anote one wld be a long time...BUT for those going pls100x share ur experience wit us! Gd luck!
yar wawa... if only its a weekend..
:cry:

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: fact or fiction

Post by jerlyn » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:48 am

shaky wrote:hiya wawa,
for every bad piece of info u may gather there's many other more good examples to look at. Plus, no one knows for sure wad goes on in the interviewer head. So the only good thing to do is be confident and wk towards wad u truely desire. So convince urself first dat u can make it coz onli then can u convinces others. The rest of the rumours juz take it wif a pinch of salt.

Shaky
hi Shaky,
I agree with you.
Wawa..I had the same worry as you before, then Julie encourages and supports like the others..it is not a fact nbut fiction, let's not assume before making conclusions. kip positive and try all the other airlines shd you have doubts in our opinions to fliter that 'blacklist' tot.
Shaky...how old are ya?

Cheers,
Jerlyn Ang

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:31 am

Don't worry, checking my personal memory, Emirates has been holding recruitment drives every month since September if I'm not wrong.

I read somewhere that there's no blacklist, only that they don't allow people to apply within 6 months after their last one. But if you do so, and they find you extremely good, then you are selected despite the early application since the last one. I'm not sure if this is true. Whatever it is, don't think of the negatives. It's good to know them coz we would know what to expect but don't worry about them. We should worry about ourselves coz the way we convince the recruiters is the most important aspect of the interview, luck comes afterwards. Research and do lotsa homeworks so that you can be more aware of what will happen during the interviews. Best of all, practice in front of the mirror. Practice the 3 elements: why you wish to become a FA, why the airline, and what are the talents you are bringing to the airline. Of course, find out every means on how you can cover your scars not covered by the airline's uniform (if any). Try to practice smiling coz you need to smile to everyone including to the ones who's handling your documents at the front counter. She's the eye of the interviewer outside the interview room. Even to the ones in the toilet coz you never know that that person could just be the interviewer you're meeting later. Why am I sharing all this? Coz I'm doing them myself in preparation to the upcoming interviews.

Oh yah, by the way, I'm 19.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 12:21 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:Don't worry, checking my personal memory, Emirates has been holding recruitment drives every month since September if I'm not wrong.

I read somewhere that there's no blacklist, only that they don't allow people to apply within 6 months after their last one. But if you do so, and they find you extremely good, then you are selected despite the early application since the last one. I'm not sure if this is true. Whatever it is, don't think of the negatives. It's good to know them coz we would know what to expect but don't worry about them. We should worry about ourselves coz the way we convince the recruiters is the most important aspect of the interview, luck comes afterwards. Research and do lotsa homeworks so that you can be more aware of what will happen during the interviews. Best of all, practice in front of the mirror. Practice the 3 elements: why you wish to become a FA, why the airline, and what are the talents you are bringing to the airline. Of course, find out every means on how you can cover your scars not covered by the airline's uniform (if any). Try to practice smiling coz you need to smile to everyone including to the ones who's handling your documents at the front counter. She's the eye of the interviewer outside the interview room. Even to the ones in the toilet coz you never know that that person could just be the interviewer you're meeting later. Why am I sharing all this? Coz I'm doing them myself in preparation to the upcoming interviews.

Oh yah, by the way, I'm 19.

Hey singaporegrrl...

thumbs up!! You're speaking like someone so experience..n I'm glad to see someone so young & aspiring as you to have the 101% confidence alto reality haven reveal its truth yet. You mentioned abt the 6mths grace after the last application, tat means everytime I were to apply whenever they haf an opening they will give me a missed since I applied b4 within the 6 mths? Lets say for my case, everytime I applied I never got any email invites...do I still haf to wait for the 6mths grace or is it for those who actually been thru the selection b4? If such rule is applicable to all which means the chances is veryh slim coz in a yr I can only apply once out of the many openings they have every 3-4mths. I hope this aint true but infact thanks for sharing singaporegrrl...!!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 2:37 pm

Don't worry, just try your luck on every recruitment drive. Even if you don't get into the next round after 1 or 2 rounds, at least you've learnt something from the experience, rather than not trying at all. I've heard of people trying for more than 10 times. So go for it! Like they say: you don't try, you'll never know.

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Cabin Crew

Post by superpinkystar » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 2:51 pm

hey girls.
those who have applied. please check your emails!! interview is on the 7th Jan. anyone going for 9am interview???
*smile always

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 3:05 pm

WOW invitations are out already? I'm afraid of my application: Higher National ITE Cert. Keeping my fingers crossed.

voxvox

Re: Cabin Crew

Post by voxvox » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 4:23 pm

superpinkystar wrote:hey girls.
those who have applied. please check your emails!! interview is on the 7th Jan. anyone going for 9am interview???
Hi superpinkystar, yes. i also got the email invitation this afternoon. My slot is on 7th Jan, 9am. Perhaps, we can go together?

As for the others who have also sent in yr application, i guess your email invitations will be coming on the way very soon. Gambatte! :)

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 4:23 pm

Im extremely exhilarated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just check my mails n this is what I got :

Thank you for your recent application for the position of Flight
Stewardess
with Singapore Airlines.
I am pleased to invite you for an interview on Saturday 07 January
2006, at 0940 hrs,

Oh my gawd!! All the yrs I've been waiting n waiting since 2003 finally after 2 yrs of despair I gotten the invite. I'll make sure I try my very best tis time. PLs update me..anyone else around the same timing as I am??
Jerlyn...julie...queenie..singaporegrrl..what abt u gerls?? Oh mine..my heart is beating so hard now...so happy :D

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

cabin

Post by superpinkystar » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 4:41 pm

hey girls..
congrats!!!!! all the best. :D
*smile always

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 4:43 pm

wawa wrote:

Stewardess
with Singapore Airlines.
2006, at 0940 hrs,

Oh my gawd!! All the yrs I've been waiting n waiting since 2003 finally after 2 yrs of despair I gotten the invite. I'll make sure I try my very best tis time. PLs update me..anyone else around the same timing as I am??
Jerlyn...julie...queenie..singaporegrrl..what abt u gerls?? Oh mine..my heart is beating so hard now...so happy :D
Dear Wawa!

I got it as well! :wink: same timing as you! I got a feeling that it is going to come so check my email a couple of times today! We can go together gal! Same timing as you as well! Oh my god! This is really happening! Where are you staying?? Shit.. I don't think I can sleep tonight but still have to sleep otherwise have eye bags.

How about the rest?? If you did not get an invite yet, I believe wait for a few more days? It will come! Do update ok!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

voxvox

Post by voxvox » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 4:44 pm

wawa wrote:

Stewardess
with Singapore Airlines.
2006, at 0940 hrs,

hi wawa, congrats! I can understand that you are feeling extremely excited abt the interview. I am havin mix feelings now. I felt happy and gald that i got the invitation. However, i am beginning to worry abt the interview day. Not sure what they will ask us and what is expected from us... If anyone knows, please enlighten me.

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 4:45 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:WOW invitations are out already? I'm afraid of my application: Higher National ITE Cert. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Dear Singaporegrrl!

I keep my fingers cross for you as well!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 4:53 pm

voxvox wrote:
Hi superpinkystar, yes. i also got the email invitation this afternoon. My slot is on 7th Jan, 9am. Perhaps, we can go together?

As for the others who have also sent in yr application, i guess your email invitations will be coming on the way very soon. Gambatte! :)

heya,
yeap. maybe can meet up. your 1st attempt? this is my 2nd. i failed management round last mth.
*smile always

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 4:58 pm

voxvox wrote:
wawa wrote:

Stewardess
with Singapore Airlines.
2006, at 0940 hrs,

hi wawa, congrats! I can understand that you are feeling extremely excited abt the interview. I am havin mix feelings now. I felt happy and gald that i got the invitation. However, i am beginning to worry abt the interview day. Not sure what they will ask us and what is expected from us... If anyone knows, please enlighten me.
Dear Vox,

Hmmm.. you will be the earlier slot. Can't go with you to give you support. But Pink is in the same slot with you! Both of you can go together yah! The questions are different everytime. There are no 10 years series or something like that. Just be yourself, answer very question posted to you with grace and confident, know what you are saying, don't giggle and move around will do. Also, mingle with other girls! Make friends! This is a fun experience as well and you will not know how many friends you will be able to make during this interview! I believe we might meet each other on that day! Really look forward! Oh, by the way, all the girls, please remember to prepare a speech of your introduction! I believe they will be expecting to hear that!

Jerlyn, how about you?? I was hopping to be in the same round as you... Look forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
Julie