Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Re: merry christmas!

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sat, 24 Dec 2005 2:13 pm

jerlyn wrote:Hi gals i am in great festive mood..goodness.. another year flown by..
let's celebrate with joy and for once forget abt the anxiety we are craving to...carols to my house anyone?
hee... i wonder how would those overseas stewardess are celebrating there christmas away frm home..is it really that tough to be away during festive period? i tot it was a nice experience...with the advance technology..i doubt no one wouldn't noe how to use a phone? :P maybe the feeling is different..BUT cheers!
Dear Jerlyn,

Merry Christmas to you! My friend is working as Air Stewardess at Emirates at the moment and you are right! They do not use mobile as it's super expensive. They mobile bill can jerk up to $800/month if used unwisely. So they use internet, emails or talk live through the net. Christmas to them is nothing as they will lost track of all time and did not even bother to find out which date or day it is. My friend said it's job harzard and advise all of us to get prepared for it since we are trying to get into this line. However, great experience to take care of ourselves for once, without parents yah!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sat, 24 Dec 2005 2:17 pm

*junie* wrote:Hi all,

Anyone interested in becoming part of Emirates? They will be having a recruitment drive for cabin crew on the 30th December 2005, at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, Singapore.

Wish everyone on this forum a "Merry and Blessed Christmas" and a "Happy New Year". :D
Dear Junie!

Thanks for the information! I think all who do not mind being posted outside of Singapore can try! =) Emirates' benefits is actually much better than SIA as they need to attracts to be posted out of Singapore so they pay them very well. Moreover, you will get an apartment shared with another person and getting your water and electrical bills all paid so you do not need to worry! However, I love Singapore and my love ones are all here including my boyfriend.. So can't bear to leave. Those trying, BEST OF LUCK!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Sat, 24 Dec 2005 5:00 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:

Anyone interested in becoming part of Emirates? They will be having a recruitment drive for cabin crew on the 30th December 2005, at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, Singapore.

Wish everyone on this forum a "Merry and Blessed Christmas" and a "Happy New Year". :D
Dear Junie!

Thanks for the information! I think all who do not mind being posted outside of Singapore can try! =) Emirates' benefits is actually much better than SIA as they need to attracts to be posted out of Singapore so they pay them very well. Moreover, you will get an apartment shared with another person and getting your water and electrical bills all paid so you do not need to worry! However, I love Singapore and my love ones are all here including my boyfriend.. So can't bear to leave. Those trying, BEST OF LUCK!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

Hmmm...maybe shld give it a shot! At least get myself warmup and experience the kind of intv questions Emirates gona ask. Thanks for the info!! Btw...whats the timing like?

*junie*

Post by *junie* » Sat, 24 Dec 2005 8:24 pm

It is a walk-in recruitment exercise. Timing is between 0930hrs to 1600hrs. Check out this website...
http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/Exp ... n_crew.asp

All the Best :)

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Sun, 25 Dec 2005 2:07 pm

I'm not yet 21 and my choices of airlines are soooo limited. But I wish those who are trying out for Emirates bestest of luck! Of course, merry christmas and a joyous new year for those celebrating it.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sun, 25 Dec 2005 2:16 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:I'm not yet 21 and my choices of airlines are soooo limited. But I wish those who are trying out for Emirates bestest of luck! Of course, merry christmas and a joyous new year for those celebrating it.
Oh Singaporegrrl!

You are so young! =) Good to start out in this line at such a tender age as your working span will be longer as well. Don't worry, I'm sure that SIA will accept girls at 20 years old! =)

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 25 Dec 2005 4:03 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:I'm not yet 21 and my choices of airlines are soooo limited. But I wish those who are trying out for Emirates bestest of luck! Of course, merry christmas and a joyous new year for those celebrating it.
Oh Singaporegrrl!

You are so young! =) Good to start out in this line at such a tender age as your working span will be longer as well. Don't worry, I'm sure that SIA will accept girls at 20 years old! =)

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
I think you will find the starting age for stewardesses is 18 years.

Plavt.

shaky

Post by shaky » Sun, 25 Dec 2005 5:13 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone here!!

And to those gg for the Emirates walk-in all the best, when u come back do share wif us the interview ques ya:)

And for all those like myself waiting for the invites frm SIA whoever get it MUZ quickly post a msg here so i can go chk my mailbox

Meanwhile ho ho ho! Cheers to the happy occasion.

Shaky :D
the grass is greener on the other side.

loopypoopsie

anybody going for Emirates recruitment?

Post by loopypoopsie » Sun, 25 Dec 2005 6:13 pm

hihi

anybody going to try out for the Emirates recruitment this coming friday the 30th? PM me can? :D

flight cat

hihi....

Post by flight cat » Mon, 26 Dec 2005 2:55 am

hi :D

i am new here in this forum, last time i was active in cabincrew.com chat forum and one singapore gal intro me to join here..how lucky i am..thank you singapore gal..

l am from malaysia, as like u all i am another gal who share the same dream with u all~~to become a FA..

i attended MAS interview before, reached the final round, kicked out from there as well..as a malaysian but sorry to tell i prefer SIA most somehow..(mayb i am a malaysian-born-chinese) :wink:

i heard many kinds of stories abt SIA interview which makes me hold my step..1st, my english is not good enough,2nd my highest qualification is just SPM ( a complusory goverment exam for all gratuading student in M'sia) ..i knew this must be a stupid and funny Q but do u gals think that i should apply??i reckon that if i do apply, it is sort of wasting time to let the interviewers viewing my resume, trashing my resume and zero to me.
If i keep trying, then the story will repeat n repeat...end with same results come to me.. :(

i am sorry if im writing too long..just need some space to spread out my dissapointment..

god bless to everyone who applying for any airlines and good luck to everyone who managed or done to their own dream with faith. :cool:

S.V

Post by S.V » Mon, 26 Dec 2005 6:42 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
Oh Singaporegrrl!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Yup... Julie.... couldnt agree more with you!! in fact.... SIA even take in girls that are at the age of 19 (heard from my frenz).....
duh... people like me who are in the mid 20s.... basically in a panick mode now... cant even afford to waste a single minute... nevertheless I WILL NOT give up.... neither will u gals ok??!!.....
Kym Ng tried more than 5 times before she earned her wings :wink:
FOR U ALL OUT THERE:
'Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly' :)

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Mon, 26 Dec 2005 7:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Guest4 wrote:Hi Gals...

There is something I wana share with you....
According to reliable resources, SQ actually have a blacklist for those who applied for many times... How many times? im not sure... because it was the HR who will pass the list to the interviewers, who are the sometimes senior cabin crew oso..As for those we applied many times and gt in... it's either lucky that they are not in the list YET? or those old intakes i guess?
Just fyi...

Good Luck girl...

Cheers!
:wink:
Hi...

I've also got a very reliable source... My friend currently in SQ, met a colleage that tried 14 times! Thrgh her "nvr give up" attitude, she finally got it. Thumbs up! 8)

Hey everyone...

as I was reading the past threads..I encounter this is it true? I tot there is no fast or hard rules saying tat u cant apply many times after all failed attempts. can anyone give me your tots. This is very demoralizing.

shaky

fact or fiction

Post by shaky » Mon, 26 Dec 2005 9:56 pm

hiya wawa,
for every bad piece of info u may gather there's many other more good examples to look at. Plus, no one knows for sure wad goes on in the interviewer head. So the only good thing to do is be confident and wk towards wad u truely desire. So convince urself first dat u can make it coz onli then can u convinces others. The rest of the rumours juz take it wif a pinch of salt.

Shaky
the grass is greener on the other side.

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 8:47 am

Hey Junie,

thanks for the info unfortunately 30th dec is a weekday...why do they conduct the intv tis time on a weekday cause most ppl like me who r having an office hrs job might not be able to make it. Might be giving it a missed and I knoe the next time round they conduct anote one wld be a long time...BUT for those going pls100x share ur experience wit us! Gd luck!

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:40 am

S.V wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
Oh Singaporegrrl!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Yup... Julie.... couldnt agree more with you!! in fact.... SIA even take in girls that are at the age of 19 (heard from my frenz).....
duh... people like me who are in the mid 20s.... basically in a panick mode now... cant even afford to waste a single minute... nevertheless I WILL NOT give up.... neither will u gals ok??!!.....
Kym Ng tried more than 5 times before she earned her wings :wink:
Hi SV,

hope time allows. I will continue to try.. but I just can stand the anxiey and disappointment sometimes.. lol
anyway.. let's all preserve and support one another, yar?... ..if I dun get the invites, (choy).. i will still try! and take it as more time to refine and improve myself..
:D