Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
adonz
Regular
Regular

Post by adonz » Sat, 17 Dec 2005 2:33 am

hi,

wad do u gals normally put under the question 'have u applied for any position with SIA before?'... lets say if u haf gone for the interview but didn't get thru certain rounds

purpledoll

Post by purpledoll » Sat, 17 Dec 2005 4:48 am

queenie-me wrote:
angela wrote:
queenie-me wrote: Hi purpledoll,

send your application now, before 17 dec 2005. they are recruiting again. in singapore and KL. i've sent my application just today. i hope i get in for an interview. i am really puzzled regarding the qualification. i have a diploma in dance and it's not in a poly. i got it from RAD. i wouldn't know whether they accept that diploma cert. and i really hope to hear from them soon. anyways, let me know if any of you ladies, have sent your application for this round.
Hi queenie-me.

I tot they are only recruiting Singaporeans and Malaysians (those with Singapore PR)....dun think they are having calling any interviews in KL yet. Where did you get to know that from?

Angela
Hi Angela,

Got the form at the website. It stated there, whether you want to be interviewed in singapore or KL. you can choose. you got to d/l the form from the webby ya~ ;)
actually, the website stated clearly where sporeans or msians who are spore PR send in application forms by 17th dec. it isnt for msians citizens who reside in msia (without spore PR) to apply.
they just updated their website stating that they will be conducting a recruitment exercise in Malaysia and application forms to be sent in by 24th dec. of course u can choose to be interviewed in spore or msia.
(http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... etails.jsp)

so pls dont misunderstand the deadlines for two diff recruitments. good luck.

SK 22

Post by SK 22 » Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:54 pm

:D

SK 22

Post by SK 22 » Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:56 pm

Hi.. It's my 1st time posting..

I have sent my application form to SIA. It is my 2nd time trying..

Can anyone provide me with any interview secret?

I failed in the group interview as I went for wisdom tooth extraction.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 3:25 am

SK 22 wrote:Hi.. It's my 1st time posting..
Can anyone provide me with any interview secret?

Try giving the interviewers $50 dollars each in advance. :P :P

On a serious note; there is no 'interview secret' just have to think and research what the job entails and what qualities are necessary.

Plavt.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 3:25 am

Plavt, are you qualified to provide such advice to SG-wannabes? :P:D
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 3:28 am

riversandlakes wrote:Plavt, are you qualified to provide such advice to SG-wannabes? :P:D

Of course dear fellow. :P :P :D :D

mydior

Post by mydior » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:36 am

Fionevil wrote:Hi, I went for the Oct recruitment and will start training on the 28th Dec. Feeling really excited. :) Anyone out there starting on the same day? It was quite an unibelievable experience but I must say I'm really lucky cos this time round they are recruiting alot of people. Anyway best of luck to you guys trying out this time round! Be positive and smile alot! :D
hihi, i'll be starting on the 28th too. =)

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:05 pm

mydior wrote:
Fionevil wrote:Hi, I went for the Oct recruitment and will start training on the 28th Dec. Feeling really excited. :) Anyone out there starting on the same day? It was quite an unibelievable experience but I must say I'm really lucky cos this time round they are recruiting alot of people. Anyway best of luck to you guys trying out this time round! Be positive and smile alot! :D
Mydior,
You did it.. you will find greater heights in your new career.. congrats!! :D :D

A Free Man

Post by A Free Man » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 1:52 pm

mydior wrote:
Congrats to you Dior...finally made it.

Btw, were you interviewed by the same VP and managers again? What qns did they pose to you? Same as the previous mgt interview or diff? How come you are starting so soon? No need for notice to your current employer?

mydior

Post by mydior » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 2:10 pm

A Free Man wrote:
mydior wrote:
Congrats to you Dior...finally made it.

Btw, were you interviewed by the same VP and managers again? What qns did they pose to you? Same as the previous mgt interview or diff? How come you are starting so soon? No need for notice to your current employer?

hi there. i'm not working currently so i've no prob starting early as they requested. i wasn't interviewed by the same ppl. this time rd were the senior hr manager n a lady. both of are the senior mgmt ppl. they asked abt my previous job, my family n they will start asking qns from there. qns r somehow diff from the previous interview i attended.

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 6:14 pm

Mydior,

When did u do the medical check-up ?

mydior

Re: SIA

Post by mydior » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 7:46 pm

jozo wrote:Mydior,

When did u do the medical check-up ?
last thursday 15th dec

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:34 pm

mydior wrote:
Hi mydior,

just curious abt one of the rounds which is the kebaya test since you actually made it thru, I need to know what kind of scar they are looking for when you actually put on the kebaya? Am I right if as long as ur scars aren't visible when u put on the kebaya and u haf a proportionate figure u're safe? During the swimming test, do they also check for scars when ur in ur swimming attire? Coz nobody is so perfect to have such a flawless skin except for some fortunate ones, if they've scars under the kebaya do they let us off?How's the process like checking each n everyone? Is it from a distance or they actually come to you under bright light to do the check. I have very fine marks on my hands but fading off and I duno if such is taken into account. Are they also particular abt the condition of your skin cause I really envy at those SQ FS where almost everyone I see haf such a perfect complexion. I don't feel positive enuff when I look at my own skin condition, I'm afraid this will hinder my chances. Do give me your thoughts. Thanks!

mydior

Post by mydior » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:48 pm

wawa wrote:
mydior wrote:
Hi mydior,

just curious abt one of the rounds which is the kebaya test since you actually made it thru, I need to know what kind of scar they are looking for when you actually put on the kebaya? Am I right if as long as ur scars aren't visible when u put on the kebaya and u haf a proportionate figure u're safe? During the swimming test, do they also check for scars when ur in ur swimming attire? Coz nobody is so perfect to have such a flawless skin except for some fortunate ones, if they've scars under the kebaya do they let us off?How's the process like checking each n everyone? Is it from a distance or they actually come to you under bright light to do the check. I have very fine marks on my hands but fading off and I duno if such is taken into account. Are they also particular abt the condition of your skin cause I really envy at those SQ FS where almost everyone I see haf such a perfect complexion. I don't feel positive enuff when I look at my own skin condition, I'm afraid this will hinder my chances. Do give me your thoughts. Thanks!
hi, yup u're right dat as long as ur scars can be covered by the kebaya, that wil be fine. they will stand very close to u n scrutinize ur face, lower arms, feet n neck. i can say the room is pretty well-lit. as for figure wise, i've no idea how they actually view it but perhaps proportionate like u said? i duno. during the swimming test, they did not check for scars when we were in swimsuits for our batch. but i heard they did for some batches so it all depends. i can say they r pretty particular abt the condition of the skin.