Singapore Expats

2006 is coming! what is your New Year resolutions?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Frenzy

Post by Frenzy » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 6:18 pm

madwolfie wrote:To have a/some new year resolution/s by the next year - 2007 ... ... :roll:
On a simliar note I think mine will be to delay my resolution to stop procrastinating 'til 2007 :?
If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread,
they can sure make something out of you.
-- Muhammad Ali

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 6:51 pm

to have a better year ahead...

Eric

MorningGlory

Post by MorningGlory » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:29 pm

Rivers, you've come a long way,,, i remember.. and you're all new again!! Ive been down that road you travelled too.. and i know.

So whats the resolution? I make them through the year actually... sometimes i make them and falter. Other times i make them and see them through. Ive just made a resolution to just enjoy the chocolates (the entire box of Royce in 3 hours!) and worry about the inches later!

Here's to a brilliant 2006!
riversandlakes wrote:2005 has been both a colossal failure for me, and also a huge success. Never thought I'll be the one saying such "nonsense", but there it was...

Off school years back I made a promise to pass one professional exam every year. Sounds easy, but it wasn't. Anyway I did it. Until Dec2004 came along. B!tch of 4 years cheated on me. I went into a hell hole, and somehow I came back, all the while dragging my family there and back too.
Many things seem like a pattern now to me - including how close family responds to one of their own going down - real down. Even they get sick of you telling the same stories over, and then they pretend not to care.

All-in-all, it was 8 gruelling months. And somehow, when I got a little better (the real mini-milestone compared to the countless fake ones), I found a job here! Down south on this little island! And ALL BY MYSELF! 8)

That constitutes a HUGE personal success. I've always believed endurance is key. I endured the exams, and I endured the search, and I made it...

Well, with 16 days to go - it's probable I'm going to break that promise of mine. Looks like no new additions to my belt this year :roll:

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Post by seraphim » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:32 pm

Royce Chocolates???? :D Damn those things are heavenly! :love:
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:35 pm

MorningGlory wrote:Rivers, you've come a long way,,, i remember.. and you're all new again!! Ive been down that road you travelled too.. and i know.

So whats the resolution? I make them through the year actually... sometimes i make them and falter. Other times i make them and see them through. Ive just made a resolution to just enjoy the chocolates (the entire box of Royce in 3 hours!) and worry about the inches later!

Here's to a brilliant 2006!
riversandlakes wrote:2005 has been both a colossal failure for me, and also a huge success. Never thought I'll be the one saying such "nonsense", but there it was...

Off school years back I made a promise to pass one professional exam every year. Sounds easy, but it wasn't. Anyway I did it. Until Dec2004 came along. B!tch of 4 years cheated on me. I went into a hell hole, and somehow I came back, all the while dragging my family there and back too.
Many things seem like a pattern now to me - including how close family responds to one of their own going down - real down. Even they get sick of you telling the same stories over, and then they pretend not to care.

All-in-all, it was 8 gruelling months. And somehow, when I got a little better (the real mini-milestone compared to the countless fake ones), I found a job here! Down south on this little island! And ALL BY MYSELF! 8)

That constitutes a HUGE personal success. I've always believed endurance is key. I endured the exams, and I endured the search, and I made it...

Well, with 16 days to go - it's probable I'm going to break that promise of mine. Looks like no new additions to my belt this year :roll:
As long as you don't cheat, it's fine with me... :mrgreen:

Eric

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Global Citizen » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 7:12 am

I'm no good at resolutions but this I can aspire to; to be a better person all around: sister, daughter, friend, mother and wife.
One man's meat is another's poison.

emiko08
Chatter
Chatter

Post by emiko08 » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:52 am

Global Citizen wrote:I'm no good at resolutions but this I can aspire to; to be a better person all around: sister, daughter, friend, mother and wife.
that is very sweet. :)

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:16 pm

But GC, the thing with resolutions is that it has to be specific, else it's not measurable?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Global Citizen » Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:32 am

emiko08 wrote:
Global Citizen wrote:I'm no good at resolutions but this I can aspire to; to be a better person all around: sister, daughter, friend, mother and wife.
that is very sweet. :)
Thanks Emiko.

riversandlake wrote:
But GC, the thing with resolutions is that it has to be specific, else it's not measurable?

But isn't this specific; to be a better individual in all aspects of my relationships?
One man's meat is another's poison.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:58 am

riversandlakes wrote:But GC, the thing with resolutions is that it has to be specific, else it's not measurable?
R&L, I think you've been studying too long. You have the asian exam smart ideal. Exams, with either right or wrong answers are measurable. Unfortunately life is not always like that. GC's measurement may not be quantifiable as in a test score, but if she is successful, the quality of her life will definitely improve overall as did yours. The best part of GC's goals are that thay aren't quantifiable so therefore it is an ongoing neverending process because you never know when you have reached you maximum potential. She has the biggest challenge of all.

Anyway, Good luck to all who have made resolutions and will actually try to obtain them.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 2:57 pm

New Years Resolution:

Total annihilation and detruction of all things politically corect...

(If that cant be meet I'll settle for spending more time drinking Tiger Beer)

BTW Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody :cool:
Be Like Water

Savage

Post by Savage » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 3:54 pm

Resolution #1:
I will try to remember to check to see if my phone is on mute before saying "these guys are idiots!" during teleconferences this year.

:wink:

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Post by babykasim » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 4:04 pm

Savage wrote:Resolution #1:
I will try to remember to check to see if my phone is on mute before saying "these guys are idiots!" during teleconferences this year.

:wink:
oh oh..
you must try to remember that ..

for 2006 - apart from deciding not to have any resolutions Im planning to make use of all the public holidays for a short getaway (notice a lot of holidays on tuesdays and fridays?)

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2387/calendar4py.jpg

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 1:09 am

But...drinking Tiger Beer too is politically correct for men...

Perhaps leg-shaving? :P:D
Bafana wrote:New Years Resolution:

Total annihilation and detruction of all things politically corect...

(If that cant be meet I'll settle for spending more time drinking Tiger Beer)

BTW Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody :cool:

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 1:20 am

If you only knew...:roll::P:D
sundaymorningstaple wrote: R&L, I think you've been studying too long. You have the asian exam smart ideal.