Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: Salary during and after graduation.

Post by jerlyn » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 4:37 pm

wawa wrote:Hey all aspiring FS,

was wondering no one ever talks abt the salary paid during and after training. From what I knoe, my frenz who are cabin crews, they were given $1.2k flat during training for diploma grads and $1.5k for degree grads. And also the salary structure is they've been paid thrice a mth. Whoaa!! Never heard of any jobs paying this much. At the same time you're paid allowances to the destination you fly too. Am I right? Any experience cabin crew care to share?
hi wawa..you mentioned you are going bangkok! enjoy!
i heard the allowacnes is measured by long haul and short haul flights..
so what you are saying is right lo..but paid thrice a mth? i aint sure.. :P

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Post by jerlyn » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 4:42 pm

superpinkystar wrote:
jerlyn wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:i failed my management interview round on the 2nd dec. so i was told to try again. :( since there is an opening for this coming january. i decided to try all over again. i know of girls who tried up to at least 8 times for the job interview!!

the email is still down. so the best way out now : just send out by snail mail.
pinky star, tell me abt the management interview..i wanna know more..hpe ya don't mind...perhaps we all Julie, Angela,wawa and the rest might meet up at the interview...:D
the questions varies for different people. the most common questions asked would be whether do you know how to do housework. because you would be required to heat up the food, make coffee and tea for the passengers PLUS... wash toilets.
Thanks, super pinky star..wad happen then..is it your luck no good or they are really stringent...i guess they are..like someone did mention in this forum, they have the right to be particular since there are so many applicants and it boils down to the reputation of the airline and country.. hmm..** ponder**
anyway, pinky let's all wish and hope for the best luck this time..meanwhile let's stay positive like what Julie mentioned and get ourselves mentally and physically prepared, well if that is wad we wanted, we had to do some preparation rather to dream empty.. :lol: :lol:
cheers!

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Post by superpinkystar » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 8:07 pm

jerlyn wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:
jerlyn wrote: pinky star, tell me abt the management interview..i wanna know more..hpe ya don't mind...perhaps we all Julie, Angela,wawa and the rest might meet up at the interview...:D
the questions varies for different people. the most common questions asked would be whether do you know how to do housework. because you would be required to heat up the food, make coffee and tea for the passengers PLUS... wash toilets.
Thanks, super pinky star..wad happen then..is it your luck no good or they are really stringent...i guess they are..like someone did mention in this forum, they have the right to be particular since there are so many applicants and it boils down to the reputation of the airline and country.. hmm..** ponder**
anyway, pinky let's all wish and hope for the best luck this time..meanwhile let's stay positive like what Julie mentioned and get ourselves mentally and physically prepared, well if that is wad we wanted, we had to do some preparation rather to dream empty.. :lol: :lol:
cheers!
if i ever make it to the management level again.i will know what to say what not to say. i guess i was too nervous and i spoke the wrong things too.*sigh. tough luck.sometimes i wonder should i ever go through all the rounds again.sounds like America's Next Top Model, you do not know when you are next to pack your bags and leave.

if the next round i am not gonna make it,gonna settle for other jobs.
*smile always

visitor

Re: Salary during and after graduation.

Post by visitor » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 9:45 pm

There are several allowances for CCs: inflight allowance which depends on how long the duty is, night stop allowance which is a fixed sum for every night stayed overseas, and finally meal allowances which vary from country to country (higher standard of living = higher meal allowances). I believe meal allowances are being given out every week, but I could be wrong. :) the money is good, but things to consider are:
1) lifestyle changes - may be away during ur birthday, CNY etc.. your body clock gets messed up every few days... some people may miss home a lot initially.
2) it's not all glitzy and glamorous - think washin toilets, unruly/rude passengers, politics
3) possible difficulty in starting a family - can't remember what's the policy on this, but u can imagine the difficulties for pple interested in starting a family. Then again, if you join young, it may not be tt much of a problem.

All that training, all that stressing on excellence, it's for that 1 passenger on board, so if you have a heart for serving, and strongly believe in SIA's vision, then pursue your dream!
jerlyn wrote:
wawa wrote:Hey all aspiring FS,

was wondering no one ever talks abt the salary paid during and after training. From what I knoe, my frenz who are cabin crews, they were given $1.2k flat during training for diploma grads and $1.5k for degree grads. And also the salary structure is they've been paid thrice a mth. Whoaa!! Never heard of any jobs paying this much. At the same time you're paid allowances to the destination you fly too. Am I right? Any experience cabin crew care to share?
hi wawa..you mentioned you are going bangkok! enjoy!
i heard the allowacnes is measured by long haul and short haul flights..
so what you are saying is right lo..but paid thrice a mth? i aint sure.. :P

Fionevil

Post by Fionevil » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:39 pm

Hi pple, thanks for your encouragement! :D I went for the Oct intake. Yup it takes about 2 months for the process if you are working. If not working, it will be faster. They are quite flexible. Priority is given to those without jobs so that they can start training asap.

I think they are looking for girls who are cheerful, positive and willing to work hard rather than pretty girls but poor working attitude. So in the interviews, you must portray those qualities. It is a tough job having to serve pple who think that we are nothing but bimbos, not to mention the long hours and the drastic climatic changes.

But not to worry, they are really recruiting alot of of pple especially girls this time round. Besides this coming intake, there will be some more in jan/feb i think. Cos the turnover rate is quite high and they are bring in A380 that can carries 550 passengers.

So ladies do not lose hope, cos its true that if they like you, they will try to keep you in. Eg: 2 girls from my mgmt interview were asked to fix their teeth before joining the training; another girl from my second interview was asked to gain weight before joining too. So if you have the right attitude, there should be no big problem.

Hope this helps! :D
Last edited by Fionevil on Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fionevil

Re: hey lucky girl

Post by Fionevil » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:43 pm

*ariunaa wrote:
Fionevil wrote:Hi, I went for the Oct recruitment and will start training on the 28th Dec. Feeling really excited. :) Anyone out there starting on the same day? It was quite an unibelievable experience but I must say I'm really lucky cos this time round they are recruiting alot of people. Anyway best of luck to you guys trying out this time round! Be positive and smile alot! :D

Hi gurl how are you? first of all congratulations =D>

Im mongolian i really like to be stewardess it is my childhood dream. so i would like to ask u that is there any chance for me to be stewardess? when u were in the interview there are any foreigners except singaporean and malaysians? please help me if u know any information of that.
hoping u to reply for me.
thanks ya......... :D
Hi ariunaa, I am not too sure about this, but during my interview, only singaporean and malaysian girls However, I believe they do recruit girls from China, though I'm not too sure the date or location. Perhaps you should drop them an email to check. Hope this helps!

purpledoll

Post by purpledoll » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 5:41 am

im a msian and im waiting for SIA recruitment in Msia. when are they coming to KL?? i cant waitt... anybody knows?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 6:52 am

purpledoll wrote:im a msian and im waiting for SIA recruitment in Msia. when are they coming to KL?? i cant waitt... anybody knows?
Why don't you write and ask or telephone them?

Plavt.

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 9:26 am

Fionevil wrote:Hi pple, thanks for your encouragement! :D I went for the Oct intake. Yup it takes about 2 months for the process if you are working. If not working, it will be faster. They are quite flexible. Priority is given to those without jobs so that they can start training asap.

I think they are looking for girls who are cheerful, positive and willing to work hard rather than pretty girls but poor working attitude. So in the interviews, you must portray those qualities. It is a tough job having to serve pple who think that we are nothing but bimbos, not to mention the long hours and the drastic climatic changes.

But not to worry, they are really recruiting alot of of pple especially girls this time round. Besides this coming intake, there will be some more in jan/feb i think. Cos the turnover rate is quite high and they are bring in A380 that can carries 550 passengers.

So ladies do not lose hope, cos its true that if they like you, they will try to keep you in. Eg: 2 girls from my mgmt interview were asked to fix their teeth before joining the training; another girl from my second interview was asked to gain weight before joining too. So if you have the right attitude, there should be no big problem.

Hope this helps! :D
thanks Fionevil,
You brought us hope and confidence, at least for me..
So happy for you, how many times u tried and got in? eh.. i guess ah.. :D 1st time?
cheers and keep smiling, best of luck!

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 1:18 pm

purpledoll wrote:im a msian and im waiting for SIA recruitment in Msia. when are they coming to KL?? i cant waitt... anybody knows?
Hi purpledoll,

send your application now, before 17 dec 2005. they are recruiting again. in singapore and KL. i've sent my application just today. i hope i get in for an interview. i am really puzzled regarding the qualification. i have a diploma in dance and it's not in a poly. i got it from RAD. i wouldn't know whether they accept that diploma cert. and i really hope to hear from them soon. anyways, let me know if any of you ladies, have sent your application for this round.

angela

Post by angela » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 5:06 pm

queenie-me wrote:
Hi purpledoll,

send your application now, before 17 dec 2005. they are recruiting again. in singapore and KL. i've sent my application just today. i hope i get in for an interview. i am really puzzled regarding the qualification. i have a diploma in dance and it's not in a poly. i got it from RAD. i wouldn't know whether they accept that diploma cert. and i really hope to hear from them soon. anyways, let me know if any of you ladies, have sent your application for this round.
Hi queenie-me.

I tot they are only recruiting Singaporeans and Malaysians (those with Singapore PR)....dun think they are having calling any interviews in KL yet. Where did you get to know that from?

Angela

nafnaf

Post by nafnaf » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 5:43 pm

I think they did specifically state that your diploma must be from one of the four local polytechnics.And they will check your certs before the first round.

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 6:39 pm

queenie-me wrote:
Hi purpledoll,

I have sent in my application as well. I don't know if I would even get a call to attend an interview coz I only possess a Higher National ITE Cert but well I shouldn't just sit and fret about it right? If I don't try, I wouldn't know. Emailed in my application a few minutes ago and it wasn't bounced back so I guess my email is save? I really hope so. I need all the luck I can get.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

purpledoll

Post by purpledoll » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 8:29 pm

oh yay! just saw from SQ's website that they are recruiting msians and applications should be sent b4 24th dec :lol:

i know its a bit too early to ask but im just wondering normally how much is the rental in spore assuming HDB flat with 3 ppl? is that usually what foreign crews do? any foreign crews or friends of foreign crews can help me?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Sat, 17 Dec 2005 2:06 am

angela wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
Hi purpledoll,

Hi queenie-me.

I tot they are only recruiting Singaporeans and Malaysians (those with Singapore PR)....dun think they are having calling any interviews in KL yet. Where did you get to know that from?

Angela
Hi Angela,

Got the form at the website. It stated there, whether you want to be interviewed in singapore or KL. you can choose. you got to d/l the form from the webby ya~ ;)