Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 9:20 am

nafnaf wrote:anyone still having problem sending the application over to SIA by email?
darling! send your snail out...he might be slow but he will reach your destination...so you noe you really tried, like buying 4D, at least u bought 4 digits instead or harping onto 4 digits and not even buy.. :lol:

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: =(

Post by jerlyn » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 9:37 am

monagy3 wrote::cry: :cry:

i didnt get in...n it was my fault..the interview wasnt bad...make sure u smile alot and answer the very best u could..try to apear sophisticated and regal..pleasant..calm and down to earth
my dear, never mind, dun let that dissapointment swallow your determination...i am sure you are one future to be stewardess with your determination. rem its that determination that calls you in one after another round of interview..u will make it, I have a strong hunch on that somehow...:D

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: never give up hope

Post by jerlyn » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 9:39 am

Paige wrote:
jerlyn wrote:Paige ah..
Let's just pray and this time round we are luckier...and all here who apply are as lucky... :wink:
Hi Jerlyn,
Yup.. wish us good luck! =)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:
luck to all..luck to all...this is wad we wanted and its not a moment of interest..Paige...let's pray and hope!

pm me your msn, we can chat through there.
:D

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Post by superpinkystar » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:12 pm

jerlyn wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:i failed my management interview round on the 2nd dec. so i was told to try again. :( since there is an opening for this coming january. i decided to try all over again. i know of girls who tried up to at least 8 times for the job interview!!

the email is still down. so the best way out now : just send out by snail mail.
pinky star, tell me abt the management interview..i wanna know more..hpe ya don't mind...perhaps we all Julie, Angela,wawa and the rest might meet up at the interview...:D
the questions varies for different people. the most common questions asked would be whether do you know how to do housework. because you would be required to heat up the food, make coffee and tea for the passengers PLUS... wash toilets.
*smile always

Vivian

Application

Post by Vivian » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 4:21 pm

You guys think i'll get slammed immediately if i submit the almost similar application as i did the last time ie, same cover letter and photo?

wawa
Regular
Regular

Re: email got through!!!!

Post by wawa » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 4:44 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
jerlyn wrote:I forwarded my email and it got through.. ;D
I sent out my snail today as well...
opps....:D
pple try send now!!!! it is not bounced back...i am so happie..at least i noe i have managed to send through even if the response is overwheming they gonna overlook, i am still happy as i did wad i can already!!yuppie..Trish and julie, angela and wawa...send go send!...heheon the bright side we might all meet at the interview...**prays****
Dear Jerlyn!

Way to go girl! I believe we should now wait and see how the reply from SIA is! In the meanwhile, relax, have fun and keep your morale up!! haha... Anyway, good luck to all applying and hope we will finally all meet in the interview. Really fun as you are not only applying for your dream job, but meeting new friends as well. Even if I did not get in, getting to know new friends will be as good as getting landed in SIA.

Dear Mydior,

I agreed with Jerlyn. Just give it a shot if you have commited your degree studies yet. Maybe this time you will get in? You never try, you never know! :)

Best Regards,
Julie

Hey julie,

I'm so impressed with all the positive attitude all of us have and the burning spirit we possesed from the past conversations. Really hope the mgt of SQ could see our strong interest and determination and give us the opportunity of once in a lifetime. Actually for me, after being a member in this forum and actively participate in this discussion, it boost my confidence and know what to expect in the interview compared to the time when I had my first intv, I didnt know what to do and was so unprepared. Hopefully, from here we could learn something and give moral support to all the aspiring FS to be. Good luck ppl!

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Cabin Crew application

Post by superpinkystar » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 4:47 pm

hey,
i managed to email out last night.like in the wee hours of the morning. i tried to email again this morning. it got bounced back. i snail mailed it out too. good luck to all!
*smile always

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 5:16 pm

superpinkystar wrote:i failed my management interview round on the 2nd dec. so i was told to try again. :( since there is an opening for this coming january. i decided to try all over again. i know of girls who tried up to at least 8 times for the job interview!!

Hey superpinkystar,

don't be dissapointed..at least you were call out for an intv...unlike me not a single at all since way back in 2003. But nevertheless..be positive..n never give up easily.You can do it!! Anyway do you mind sharing with us what were the questions imposed to you during the mgt intv..how long was it?

wawa
Regular
Regular

Re: Application

Post by wawa » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 5:24 pm

Vivian wrote:You guys think i'll get slammed immediately if i submit the almost similar application as i did the last time ie, same cover letter and photo?
Hey Vivian,

I'm not sure though but you may want to re-draft and change your photo for every new application to show your keen and interest but alto with such effort its still all depends on how do they actually select and choose those applicants for first intv. Infact, I'm actaully curious how do the admin staff shortlist the applicants from the thousands of emails they received at the end of the closing date. It must be a hell load of work to screen thru each and every person cover letter and application form. Anybody care to share your tots?

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 5:30 pm

wawa wrote:

Hey superpinkystar,

don't be dissapointed..at least you were call out for an intv...unlike me not a single at all since way back in 2003. But nevertheless..be positive..n never give up easily.You can do it!! Anyway do you mind sharing with us what were the questions imposed to you during the mgt intv..how long was it?
hi wawa,
as i mentioned in earlier threads. the management team will ask every person different questions.they want to see how confident you can reply them.
*smile always

silvercat

Post by silvercat » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 7:52 pm

To those SIA crew wanabes,.
All the best to you all! SIA is trying to recruit more ppl. The applications are usually overwhelming, so be prepared to wait for your turn if u did not get ur invites soon enough. And if you were to get this chance, just be yourself and smile. If you have the right attitude and determination, everything is possible.

S.V

Plump Trainee??

Post by S.V » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:19 pm

Hey All,

Newbie here but have been following this thread for quite sometime le.
Really appreciate that you all are willing to share your experiences and ideas.

Im wondering have anyone of ya out there seen before plump junior stewardess??.... Am thinking of applying but dont have the courage to do so cos am on the plump side though i've got a thin face.

I'm in my mid 20's le.... duh.... tot of trying this time round since they're planning to recruit a lot of staffs.... i dont wanna regret when i turn into an auntie and got no more chance le..... :P

Whatever it is.... may i wish all the applicants.... all the very best!!!.... U'll have my support here.... Cheers! :D
FOR U ALL OUT THERE:
'Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly' :)

Fionevil

Post by Fionevil » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:34 pm

Hi, I went for the Oct recruitment and will start training on the 28th Dec. Feeling really excited. :) Anyone out there starting on the same day? It was quite an unibelievable experience but I must say I'm really lucky cos this time round they are recruiting alot of people. Anyway best of luck to you guys trying out this time round! Be positive and smile alot! :D

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:12 pm

Hey Fionevil,

Firstly Congrats.
May I know which batch u be in ?
I just had my medical check-up.
Think I will start training in Jan

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:15 pm

Fionevil wrote:Hi, I went for the Oct recruitment and will start training on the 28th Dec. Feeling really excited. :) Anyone out there starting on the same day? It was quite an unibelievable experience but I must say I'm really lucky cos this time round they are recruiting alot of people. Anyway best of luck to you guys trying out this time round! Be positive and smile alot! :D
Hi Fionevil,

so lucky u!!! So happy for you... :lol:
Do share with us wen ur training starts...mind giving us tips? Neways...
congrats man!!