Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

SIA Cabin Crew

Post by superpinkystar » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 7:32 pm

i failed my management interview round on the 2nd dec. so i was told to try again. :( since there is an opening for this coming january. i decided to try all over again. i know of girls who tried up to at least 8 times for the job interview!!

the email is still down. so the best way out now : just send out by snail mail.
*smile always

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 9:53 pm

mydior wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
mydior wrote:the mgmt actually told us on the day when we flunked the interview to come bk again 6mths later for another interview. they dun just call u up 6mths later suddenly.
Dear Mydior,

I believe either someone will be calling you to re-confirm or you have to call them to re-confirm again. Or maybe there will be another interview again on June? Maybe.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
hmm..hi. wat i meant is i went for the interveiw in june this yr but i flunked the mgmt interview. so on dat day itself, the mgmt ppl actually told me to come bk in 6mths time which is this month. n they have already called me 2 weeks ago and asked me to attend the mgmt interview again this coming thurs. so wat i wanted to know is whether anyone has the same experience previously, having a 2nd chance to go thru the mgmt interview again instead of re-applying n go thru all rounds again.
whoa! Mydior, that;s means you are really good as they kept ur records for 6mths! so nice...u are fated to be an air stewardess, cheers...!!! :D :D :D so happy for you!make it your best shot this time and rem to share with all excited concerns like me here! :D

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 9:56 pm

Dear Julie,
yap! may be meet at the interview...i am looking forward optimistically like wad you said...its not end of the world, we tried and we didnt let ourself down by not even making an effort..now its up to them and luck... :D

rach

Hi

Post by rach » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 9:58 pm

Hey guys,
I sent in my application through snail mail today. Well, I also believed that snail mail is definitely more reliable than email. All the best to everybody who's applying! :D
Live everyday to the fullest.

jvl

Hi!

Post by jvl » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:06 pm

Hi All,
I am new here... I had been applied to SIA stewardess a few time, always after the 1st round then kena kicked off. This is my third attempt. Hopefully can get thru all the ROUNDS. Anyone can share wat should i prepare for my new round of interview. Thank you so much.[/url][/quote]

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

email got through!!!!

Post by jerlyn » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:07 pm

I forwarded my email and it got through.. ;D
I sent out my snail today as well...
opps....:D
pple try send now!!!! it is not bounced back...i am so happie..at least i noe i have managed to send through even if the response is overwheming they gonna overlook, i am still happy as i did wad i can already!!yuppie..Trish and julie, angela and wawa...send go send!...heheon the bright side we might all meet at the interview...**prays****

mydior

Post by mydior » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:08 pm

jerlyn wrote:
mydior wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote: Dear Mydior,

I believe either someone will be calling you to re-confirm or you have to call them to re-confirm again. Or maybe there will be another interview again on June? Maybe.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
hmm..hi. wat i meant is i went for the interveiw in june this yr but i flunked the mgmt interview. so on dat day itself, the mgmt ppl actually told me to come bk in 6mths time which is this month. n they have already called me 2 weeks ago and asked me to attend the mgmt interview again this coming thurs. so wat i wanted to know is whether anyone has the same experience previously, having a 2nd chance to go thru the mgmt interview again instead of re-applying n go thru all rounds again.
whoa! Mydior, that;s means you are really good as they kept ur records for 6mths! so nice...u are fated to be an air stewardess, cheers...!!! :D :D :D so happy for you!make it your best shot this time and rem to share with all excited concerns like me here! :D
if i'm really gd, i would have gotten in 6mths ago.

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:15 pm

mydior wrote:
jerlyn wrote:
mydior wrote: hmm..hi. wat i meant is i went for the interveiw in june this yr but i flunked the mgmt interview. so on dat day itself, the mgmt ppl actually told me to come bk in 6mths time which is this month. n they have already called me 2 weeks ago and asked me to attend the mgmt interview again this coming thurs. so wat i wanted to know is whether anyone has the same experience previously, having a 2nd chance to go thru the mgmt interview again instead of re-applying n go thru all rounds again.
if i'm really gd, i would have gotten in 6mths ago.
you sound desponent, I noe how it feels to be trashed when you have pass round by round, thinking optimistic and yet to be eliminated. i felt the same that time, but still, if it is really wad you desired, be yourself and go confidently, perhaps luck is better this time. you noe every individual have different perferences. Your luck is sure good this time as most of us still have to go through application first..but urs a jump!
make that leap worthwhile! :lol:

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

SIA Cabin Crew

Post by superpinkystar » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:18 pm

i tried sending thru email. it keeps bouncing back. sigh
*smile always

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:10 pm

A Free Man wrote:
M wrote:Miss G,

I guess that is what is left to be done. I doubt they will blacklist any, not even for those whom went for management interview. Only downside is that applicant is not allowed to try again within the next 3 months after your last management interview.

So ladies and gentlemen, best of luck yeah?

M :cool:
Hi. Can i know the source of your information? How realiable is this? Thx
My colleague whom just got it, overheard the lady telling the failed applicant during the management interview not to try for the next 3 months.

I assume that there are many conflicting signals in here and I really got to say, there isn't any hard and fast rule to being a FA with SQ. What it takes to be one, no one will ever know and just take as a pinch of salt for whatever you read in here?

Many factors play the different roles in your application. Whatever it takes to become one, probably it's destined but well, definitely with one's determination, one might be able to change his/her destiny?

Goodluck to all, and please attempt snail mail while it's still Wednesday in a hour's time? The email might open up and even if it does, it might be flooded?

M :cool:

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:52 pm

mydior wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
A Free Man wrote: I don't know this thing is actually true. I flunked the management interview the last time and was told to try again the next time which is this dec but I think what they meant is to start from groundzero again. For your case, you can go straight to the mgt interview again and it is definitely very encouraging.
Dear A Free Man,

I definately agree in what you say. It's really nice of them to conduct a second management interview for a second time. Meaning, they are interested in you and they want to find out more about you! So stike for you best and hit the base gal!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
thanks but the enthusiasm ain't quite there anymore. perhaps coz of the long wait n also i'll be starting my degree program next yr.
Dear Mydior,

Oh I see. Think you have to give up one of them. Either studies or dream job. Have you commited to your studies yet? If not, then I will encourage you to go for this recruitment. Who knows, you might get it this time and fly high? Just an advise, the choice is yours.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Re: email got through!!!!

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:00 am

jerlyn wrote:I forwarded my email and it got through.. ;D
pple try send now!!!! it is not bounced back...i am so happie..at least i noe i have managed to send through even if the response is overwheming they gonna overlook, i am still happy as i did wad i can already!!yuppie..Trish and julie, angela and wawa...send go send!...heheon the bright side we might all meet at the interview...**prays****
Dear Jerlyn!

Way to go girl! I believe we should now wait and see how the reply from SIA is! In the meanwhile, relax, have fun and keep your morale up!! haha... Anyway, good luck to all applying and hope we will finally all meet in the interview. Really fun as you are not only applying for your dream job, but meeting new friends as well. Even if I did not get in, getting to know new friends will be as good as getting landed in SIA.

Dear Mydior,

I agreed with Jerlyn. Just give it a shot if you have commited your degree studies yet. Maybe this time you will get in? You never try, you never know! :)

Best Regards,
Julie
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: never give up hope

Post by Paige » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:18 am

jerlyn wrote:Paige ah..
Let's just pray and this time round we are luckier...and all here who apply are as lucky... :wink:
Hi Jerlyn,
Yup.. wish us good luck! =)

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: email got through!!!!

Post by jerlyn » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 8:59 am

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
jerlyn wrote:I forwarded my email and it got through.. ;D
Dear Jerlyn!

Way to go girl! I believe we should now wait and see how the reply from SIA is! In the meanwhile, relax, have fun and keep your morale up!! haha... Anyway, good luck to all applying and hope we will finally all meet in the interview. Really fun as you are not only applying for your dream job, but meeting new friends as well. Even if I did not get in, getting to know new friends will be as good as getting landed in SIA.

Dear Mydior,

I agreed with Jerlyn. Just give it a shot if you have commited your degree studies yet. Maybe this time you will get in? You never try, you never know! :)

Best Regards,
Julie
Hi julie,
you are right getting new frens is as good as getting landed in SIA.. pm me your msn hotmail...:D although i seldom log in..but its a form of communication..who noes we might be colleagues in the future!!! :P

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Post by jerlyn » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 9:17 am

superpinkystar wrote:i failed my management interview round on the 2nd dec. so i was told to try again. :( since there is an opening for this coming january. i decided to try all over again. i know of girls who tried up to at least 8 times for the job interview!!

the email is still down. so the best way out now : just send out by snail mail.
pinky star, tell me abt the management interview..i wanna know more..hpe ya don't mind...perhaps we all Julie, Angela,wawa and the rest might meet up at the interview...:D