Singapore Expats

THE ATTRACTION BETWEEN CAUCASIAN MEN & ASIAN WOMEN ???

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 4:49 pm

Really? My interpretation of 'stepping in *&*^" ' would mean that you were about to ruffle some feathers or more crudely...stir up shit, and not joking. I completely missed the humour there. How daft of me!

What does my post have to do with running a feminist communist state? Er, have I lost the plot here? Or have you?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 5:20 pm

Whoa, what's going on here? Isn't everything we post simply an opinion? We are not Gods and we do not make the rules and even if we did not everyone would obey or agree with them.

This talk about women of any race being demure or outspoken, it's rubbish. We are just people, and different. Yes, some of us are out there with our views and have experienced prejudice for being a woman, and perhaps that is why we have learned to speak up, but that is a tool we need to compete. It does you no good whatsoever to be whimpy and retiring in the workplace because believe it or not, some men (and women) use that gentleness to step on your face on the way up the ladder.
Now, now, I am not stereotyping men, but it is a simple and plain fact of life, in the workplace women are disadvantaged often, simply for being women and being seen as 'someone who will go off and breed and leave us in the lurch'....this is FACT and I have seen it time and again and again over the years. Very covert of course as it's against the law to discriminate, but hell, we ALL know it is true. So.....that is why some women come over as pushy, it's because we have to sometimes.....

And the fact that some women are Asian, what the hell has that to do with anything, apart from the fact that some men like the look of Asian beauty? You'll find you marry the whole woman, not just 'An Asian Feminine' or 'An Asian Knows How To Be Sweet Yet Still Is Ballsy'....I mean, COME ON. You will be with JUST ANOTHER WOMAN...whether she is black, white, or multicoloured or from the planet Zog.

And as for body parts guys.....do us a favour and leave that for a daft thread. Yes, it's true, because of difference in size there must be difference in 'experience' for partners.....but surely that applies within races too and not just between them? How can you generalize that all caucs have such and such and all Chinese have this and that. Bloody stupid and ask most women it's hilarious anyway cos it's of very little account, it's the whole man we love, not just his little bits and pieces.

Whew, glad to get that off my chest.........whoops, there's an intro into another smutty thread...chests!!!!! lolol
Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 5:26 pm

Oh no Bubbs, did you have to do this? Be the voice of reason yet again! Just when I was having some fun with Wham. :P :lol:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 7:47 pm

sapphire wrote:I'm totally sweet, quiet and demure. Oh and Asian. :P
there u go.... :love:

Eric

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 7:53 pm

Bremen wrote:There are, however, SPGs who claim penis size matters
Bremen,

come on... can you just get over the SPG thing now? :D

There are women who do like the bigger sizes (or the smaller sizes), there are women who do care about size. Not only SPG's do that and certainly not all women who find this important are to be branded as SPG's.

Eric
Last edited by dot dot dot on Tue, 13 Dec 2005 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 7:56 pm

I don't understand what all this is about. The endless pigeon-holing, the intellectualizing, the stereo-typing. If you are lucky enough to find love in this world, with someone who actually loves you back -- then hold fast and do what ever you can to make them happy. Who cares why or what color they are.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 7:59 pm

Wham wrote:k1w1, Before the silly and immature penis discussion that was ALSO self depricating in a funny way - i think i had made the comment about finding the stereotype of the quiet and demure asian wife a think of the distant past. I still stand by that.

I also beleive that both the husbands and wives in many interacial couples that i have met to be more dynamic and open minded people in a fun way - and i stand by that. (Though in NY the more common variety might be say a Catholic and Jew - but the same applies all over the globe)

Now we are down to the comment about the japanese and korean wives who stay at home to be second class citizens - well... yea... i find them boring. I also find my relatives living in Pennsylvania pretty boring.

Was there somthing else that touched a raw nerve?
I do not like demure or prude women, I do prefer strongminded women, I do like 'feminine' women, I do not like the quiet type of women who have no comments or opinion, I do like gracious women and I do not like loud women (except for Sapphire).

And last but not least, I do like women who do not take these discussions too serious, but instead laugh about this one and get serious in other areas.

Oh, and they would have to be Asian, can't put my finger on why that is... :-|

Eric

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 8:04 pm

k1w1 wrote:Wham, it is amazing how you can make sweeping generalisations about Singaporeans on one thread, calling WIMH racist for not agreeing with you, because it directly affected you and your wife.

And yet, on another thread you can call "western men who do not marry outside of their race unadventurous" and Asian women who do not want to marry out of their race boring and happy to be second-class citizens. This is all fine because you deem it to be? It is racist and hypocritical.

There is no need for you or Bremen to tell me to calm down. I am not a child (it is not me discussing my genitals) and am not hysterical. Far from it.
you're being defensive, that's all... :wink:

Eric

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 8:06 pm

Wham wrote:k1w1, Y

It appears you may have a screw lose and I feel like i am a character in The Trial because your complaint is so insane... Obviously something i said earlier must have irritated you so i'm not gonna win this one and will cease and desist as this is just plain stupid.

However, i will say this before moving on, there is big difference between respecting friends who seem to have broken out of their pre-dispossed cultural mold by marrying outside of their race - and the outright bigotry that singaporeans quite often display toward their domestic workers - and if you can't see the difference, there is not much i can do to help you.
Basically this is an explanation why we have the SADC for men only, right? :wink:

Eric

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 8:25 pm

Possibly a point that seems to be missing throughout this thread is; relationships, friendships, marriages are between two people not two cultures which can never meet. The preferences are largely superficial; I prefer women with and Asiatic or Oriental appearance, culture is something else which some may take to while others won't.

Plavt.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Wham » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 9:28 pm

ERIC - I was wondering where you were!!!

I thought about this whole thread during dinner as i sat there celebrating the engagement of my sister in law (Filipina) to just another dumb white guy like me and was thinking...CHEERS! Just another couple willing to mix cultures and bring this whole world a little closer together. Am if wrong for celebrating people who rise above cultural differences? Does this make me some sort of Bigot? I think not!!! Bigotry is when you look DOWN on another race. Is that so complicated?
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Post by k1w1 » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 9:31 pm

No, it's not. Shall we leave it there? Peace?

k1w1 (now much calmer, and not interested in dragging this out any more)

PS: congrats on a new family member

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Wham » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 9:31 pm

OH, and by the way - she is HOT and just got out of Harvard Grad School - and when she dresses up - look out!
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

TONY123

Post by TONY123 » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 9:39 pm

Have been reading all your views with interest and of course each relationship is an individual one (totally unique). How ever there is a lot more Caucasian Men marrying Asian Women than there were 10 or 20 years ago and at the same time I do not see many Caucasian Women Marrying Asian Men. In an interacial Marriage I see more Caucasian Women married to African, Middle Eastern, Indian Men.
** Of course Indian can be classed as Asian

I am not indicating any Race is better or worse.

So far the most logical point has been that a percentage of Caucasian Women are determined to stand up for themselves, to ensure they are not discriminated against bacause they are female. In principal this is good, but many of them have become obsessed about this to the point where there attitude makes males feel uncomfortable. I saw it first hand with my mother who was 100% determined that she would stand up for herself with my father and she didn't realize how uncomfortable she made my father feel and eventually he ran away (not with an Asian Women though).

Still like to here more veiws.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 9:42 pm

Wham wrote: I think not!!! Bigotry is when you look DOWN on another race. Is that so complicated?
big-ot n : one intolerantly devoted to his own prejudices or opinions syn fanatic, enthusiast, zealot

K1W1 gets the grand prize here for being the cooler head, and therefore prevailing.

Why has no one mentioned the obvious in this kokamamee thread??

As the world becomes smaller, and asian cultures become more diluted by westernization, cultural differences (for better or worse, pun intended) are less pronounced, less of a barrier.

When you guys come home with some Karen hill tribe beauty, then we'll talk.

Last edited by Mary Hatch Bailey on Tue, 13 Dec 2005 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.