Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mydior

Post by mydior » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 1:42 pm

g u e s t wrote:
mydior wrote:hi, anyone who flunked the mgmt interview but was told to go back again 6mths later to attend the mgmt interview again? coz some of my batch gers who flunked it was asked to go back again. we were the june batch.
hihi mydior,

were u invited for the mgt interview this time round? when is ur interview?
do u think its higher chances this time round now tat they called u back again to giv u a second chance???
ya i was one of them being invited. this thurs is the interview. i dun tink there's a higher chance of any of us getting in. it still depends on luck n performance i guess. but so far only some girls in our batch were asked to go back again. for other batches, i've nv heard anyone saying it though. so i'm trying to find out anyone here has been told to go for another interview 6mths later.

mydior

Post by mydior » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:02 pm

the mgmt actually told us on the day when we flunked the interview to come bk again 6mths later for another interview. they dun just call u up 6mths later suddenly.

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:10 pm

mydior wrote:the mgmt actually told us on the day when we flunked the interview to come bk again 6mths later for another interview. they dun just call u up 6mths later suddenly.
Dear Mydior,

I believe either someone will be calling you to re-confirm or you have to call them to re-confirm again. Or maybe there will be another interview again on June? Maybe.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

mydior

Post by mydior » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:19 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
mydior wrote:the mgmt actually told us on the day when we flunked the interview to come bk again 6mths later for another interview. they dun just call u up 6mths later suddenly.
Dear Mydior,

I believe either someone will be calling you to re-confirm or you have to call them to re-confirm again. Or maybe there will be another interview again on June? Maybe.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
hmm..hi. wat i meant is i went for the interveiw in june this yr but i flunked the mgmt interview. so on dat day itself, the mgmt ppl actually told me to come bk in 6mths time which is this month. n they have already called me 2 weeks ago and asked me to attend the mgmt interview again this coming thurs. so wat i wanted to know is whether anyone has the same experience previously, having a 2nd chance to go thru the mgmt interview again instead of re-applying n go thru all rounds again.

nafnaf

Post by nafnaf » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 4:03 pm

anyone still having problem sending the application over to SIA by email?

Rosey

:(

Post by Rosey » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 5:59 pm

nafnaf wrote:anyone still having problem sending the application over to SIA by email?
Ya !! Me me !! :( Trying since Sat . Maybe not fated loh .
Rosey

A Free Man

Post by A Free Man » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 6:12 pm

Miss G,

I guess that is what is left to be done. I doubt they will blacklist any, not even for those whom went for management interview. Only downside is that applicant is not allowed to try again within the next 3 months after your last management interview.

So ladies and gentlemen, best of luck yeah?

M

Hi. Can i know the source of your information? How realiable is this? Thx

A Free Man

Post by A Free Man » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 6:21 pm

mydior wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
Dear Mydior,

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
hmm..hi. wat i meant is i went for the interveiw in june this yr but i flunked the mgmt interview. so on dat day itself, the mgmt ppl actually told me to come bk in 6mths time which is this month. n they have already called me 2 weeks ago and asked me to attend the mgmt interview again this coming thurs. so wat i wanted to know is whether anyone has the same experience previously, having a 2nd chance to go thru the mgmt interview again instead of re-applying n go thru all rounds again.

I don't know this thing is actually true. I flunked the management interview the last time and was told to try again the next time which is this dec but I think what they meant is to start from groundzero again. For your case, you can go straight to the mgt interview again and it is definitely very encouraging.

A Free Man

Post by A Free Man » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 6:23 pm

M wrote:Miss G,

I guess that is what is left to be done. I doubt they will blacklist any, not even for those whom went for management interview. Only downside is that applicant is not allowed to try again within the next 3 months after your last management interview.

So ladies and gentlemen, best of luck yeah?

M :cool:
Hi. Can i know the source of your information? How realiable is this? Thx

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 6:24 pm

A Free Man wrote:
mydior wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote: Dear Mydior,

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
hmm..hi. wat i meant is i went for the interveiw in june this yr but i
flunked the mgmt interview. so on dat day itself, the mgmt ppl actually told me to come bk in 6mths time which is this month. n they have already called me 2 weeks ago and asked me to attend the mgmt interview again this coming thurs. so wat i wanted to know is whether anyone has the same experience previously, having a 2nd chance to go thru the mgmt interview again instead of re-applying n go thru all rounds again.
I don't know this thing is actually true. I flunked the management interview the last time and was told to try again the next time which is this dec but I think what they meant is to start from groundzero again. For your case, you can go straight to the mgt interview again and it is definitely very encouraging.
Dear A Free Man,

I definately agree in what you say. It's really nice of them to conduct a second management interview for a second time. Meaning, they are interested in you and they want to find out more about you! So stike for you best and hit the base gal!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

A Free Man

Post by A Free Man » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 6:29 pm

mydior wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
Dear Mydior,

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
BTW, did you try for the recent sept intake after you flunked? If yes, were your application accepted?

mydior

Post by mydior » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 6:47 pm

A Free Man wrote:
mydior wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote: Dear Mydior,

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
BTW, did you try for the recent sept intake after you flunked? If yes, were your application accepted?
hihi, well i din apply for any of the recruitment drive ever since june when i flunked the interview.

mydior

Post by mydior » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 6:48 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
A Free Man wrote:
mydior wrote: hmm..hi. wat i meant is i went for the interveiw in june this yr but i
flunked the mgmt interview. so on dat day itself, the mgmt ppl actually told me to come bk in 6mths time which is this month. n they have already called me 2 weeks ago and asked me to attend the mgmt interview again this coming thurs. so wat i wanted to know is whether anyone has the same experience previously, having a 2nd chance to go thru the mgmt interview again instead of re-applying n go thru all rounds again.
Dear A Free Man,

I definately agree in what you say. It's really nice of them to conduct a second management interview for a second time. Meaning, they are interested in you and they want to find out more about you! So stike for you best and hit the base gal!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
thanks but the enthusiasm ain't quite there anymore. perhaps coz of the long wait n also i'll be starting my degree program next yr.

wawa
Regular
Regular

Re: Many attempts but still failed to get any email invitati

Post by wawa » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 6:52 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
tasy wrote:Hi,

i just got thru and i'm starting my training on the 21st.

From what i heard, from one of the admin staff in the cabin crew dept, there is no such things as a blacklist.

Its just that they have too many applicants.

Keep trying and all the best!!

wawa wrote:
Hi Miss G,

I found out from one of the senior crew cabin mentioning abt being blacklisted. Yes..there is such thing but it only occurs during the management intv and if she/her is being blacklist normally it doesnt last that long as what I'm facing right now alto I've not even been blessed with a 2nd chance. Can anyone explain why I receive no email invites back since 2003?
Hi Tasy,

Congrats! You must be really good to get through! Good luck in your trainning!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

Hi Tasy,

CONGRATS man!! Share wit us on what you exactly went thru like the questions they pose to you..the critics or anything said during the intv. I'm just extremely curious...do give us tips plsss....coz waiting to be called for the Jan intv is really nerve-wrecking. By the way how long was the process before you finally got tru and going for your training. When did you apply? Is this your first time applying?

wawa
Regular
Regular

Re: Many attempts but still failed to get any email invitati

Post by wawa » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 7:15 pm

tasy wrote:Hi,

i just got thru and i'm starting my training on the 21st.

From what i heard, from one of the admin staff in the cabin crew dept, there is no such things as a blacklist.

Its just that they have too many applicants.

Keep trying and all the best!!

wawa wrote:
Ms G wrote:hi wawa,

i face the same situation. i first applied and went for the interview in april 2004. kicked out after the first round. applied for a few more times after tt and never ever got shortlisted again. i wonder why too.

Hi Miss G,

I found out from one of the senior crew cabin mentioning abt being blacklisted. Yes..there is such thing but it only occurs during the management intv and if she/her is being blacklist normally it doesnt last that long as what I'm facing right now alto I've not even been blessed with a 2nd chance. Can anyone explain why I receive no email invites back since 2003?

Hi Tasy,

if the no. of applicants sent in is too overwhelming, shdnt they work out sumetin especially for people who have tried upteen times but never ever got a single invitation. And how abt those who send in many times and got invited as frequent as the times he/she applied. Wdnt it be unfair for ppl like me who's never had such luck since 2 yrs ago. But nevertheless I'll never give up hope so easily, For the first time I just snail mail mine instead of emailing them cause chances of receiving my application is 101% delivered!