Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
@ngela

Post by @ngela » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 1:26 pm

hi... i also a dip holder. i only wrote dip in which field n not as detailed as all 20 to 30+ modules grade. i think the grade column onl for those taking A levels one.

Trish
Regular
Regular

Post by Trish » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 1:31 pm

oh Angela tks for replying!!! Haha I'm so foolish...Anyway good luck to you and all who are applying tis time round...Rem don't apply last minute like last recruitment....Act Fast!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

@ngela

Post by @ngela » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 1:33 pm

u r welcome! good luck to u too! cya gal! :)

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Re: snail mail

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 2:11 pm

@ngela wrote:oh ya... btw, could someone tell mi how to sent thru snail mail? thanks! :D
Hi Dear,

I also sent through snail mail. You have to download all the cover letter and the application form together with your full length picture to this address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew)
Singapore Airlines Ltd
C/O 03-A
SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre
PO Box 501
Singapore 918101

Hope that helps or you're implying to something else? I have the feeling that I'm not giving the correct information that you actually need.

By the way, my full length picture is in formal. Without blazer though. Just shirt and skirt and heels.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 3:47 pm

@ngela wrote:hi... i also a dip holder. i only wrote dip in which field n not as detailed as all 20 to 30+ modules grade. i think the grade column onl for those taking A levels one.
Hi Angela/Trish,

If you are a diploma holder, juz write ur the diploma u are holding, u dun hav to fill in the results.

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: thanks!

Post by Paige » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 3:53 pm

@ngela wrote:haha... thanks lot! dun really noe wat is meant by snail mail! so pai sei! but thanks anyway gal!
so u also first time to apply for sia? i was wondering wat to write under the current job period... coz i still working, but there is no contract... so dunno wat to write for the date which i leave...
any comments? thanks!
Hi Angela,
Guess It's you 1st time applying? You juz write "present" under the period with company column..
Cheers!
Paige

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 3:56 pm

Trish wrote:hi, i am going to post out my application later on. But as the application form was my fren who help me to print out, I actually have to handwritten the details. & under the highest qualification section, there are only a few rows for me to fill out the many subjects/modules dat i took for my diploma. So should I just fill up a few of the modules dat i took? Will it be penalised as in will it considered as incomplete form? Can someone pls advice me?????
Hi Trish,
you can actually save the app form, then resize the front of the words if not enough space...You dun have to fill in all the subjects u took, juz your highest qualification..

Cheers!
Paige
Last edited by Paige on Mon, 12 Dec 2005 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: full

Post by Paige » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 3:59 pm

samsoh wrote:Your message

Subject: Application for the post of Flight Steward

was not delivered to:

[email protected]

because:

Error delivering to CabinCrew Recruit/SID/SIA; Router: Database disk quota exceeded

SQ server overloaded...
Got to wait
Hey Samsoh,

Good luck to you this time round!
Cheers!
Paige

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 4:18 pm

Trish wrote:hi, i am going to post out my application later on. But as the application form was my fren who help me to print out, I actually have to handwritten the details. & under the highest qualification section, there are only a few rows for me to fill out the many subjects/modules dat i took for my diploma. So should I just fill up a few of the modules dat i took? Will it be penalised as in will it considered as incomplete form? Can someone pls advice me?????

hI tRISH,

that column there is mainly for A level grads...but for me I'm also a dip holder but I did fill up tat column with my final2 semester results only which has 4 modules altogether. Hope this helps!

wawa
Regular
Regular

Re: thanks!

Post by wawa » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 4:24 pm

@ngela wrote:haha... thanks lot! dun really noe wat is meant by snail mail! so pai sei! but thanks anyway gal!
so u also first time to apply for sia? i was wondering wat to write under the current job period... coz i still working, but there is no contract... so dunno wat to write for the date which i leave...
any comments? thanks!
Hi Angela,

you may want to omit the end date for your current job if you're not thinking of leaving yet. Just like me, its all based on the outcome of your intv. If you get it thru, then you resign isnt it..then you will knoe your last day of your current job and otherwise. Same goes for other kind of job application form..most of the time I omit them.

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 4:27 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
@ngela wrote:oh ya... btw, could someone tell mi how to sent thru snail mail? thanks! :D
Hi Dear,

I also sent through snail mail. You have to download all the cover letter and the application form together with your full length picture to this address:

Singapore Airlines Ltd
C/O 03-A
SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre
PO Box 501
Singapore 918101

Hope that helps or you're implying to something else? I have the feeling that I'm not giving the correct information that you actually need.

By the way, my full length picture is in formal. Without blazer though. Just shirt and skirt and heels.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

Hi Julie,

does the picture send has to be formal? Most of the time mine are all in my informal outfit cause in the requirements they did not mention anything abt the kind or attire they're looking for in the photo as long as the aren't obscene.

wawa
Regular
Regular

Re: Dress code

Post by wawa » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 4:33 pm

@ngela wrote:i would like to ask the pics u gals sent is dressed in formal attire or jus some casual fitting yet pretty photos? n they written full lenght pics, so is really meant to take from head to toes? thanks lots! :)
Hi Angela,

its best to follow instructions. Give 'em what they want. And for the pic, as long as its not obscene shld be safe enough. Pick the best pic you have! And all the best of luck to u!

wawa
Regular
Regular

Re: Many attempts but still failed to get any email invitati

Post by wawa » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 4:40 pm

Ms G wrote:hi wawa,

i face the same situation. i first applied and went for the interview in april 2004. kicked out after the first round. applied for a few more times after tt and never ever got shortlisted again. i wonder why too.
wawa wrote:Hi, I'm 23 this year and without fail have been applying for SQ everytime there is an opening for the past 2.5 years. My first attempt was at the age of 21 where I got an email invitation but was kicked out right from the 1st round. Unfortunately that time, out of 10 only one lucky girl got through the 2nd round. Since then I never failed to try and try again. But lately, till this present day I felt an immense dissapointment as since the 1st time I failed, I wasnt given any opporutnity at all to be part of the recruitment. I always make a point to re-draft my cover letter and update my photo whenever I reapplied. It has been going on for almost 3yrs and yet not a single email receive. I am so very curious on why as if I'm ignored. I even feedback to SIA via email on my situation to unavail nobody replied. I almost felt like giving up but supportive friends who got in always encourages me not to. I really wonder why..am I blacklisted for something cause its impossible that all my applications were rejected. I know I fit all their requirements. Is there such thing as blacklisted, if yes is it ture I will never ever given the chance? In the first place why am I blacklisted if I knoe that I've not done something bad during my very first interview.

Can somebody expalin why? I'm very keen and I feel time is running out, might not even get the chance when I hit the cut-off age. Please help.

Hi Miss G,

I found out from one of the senior crew cabin mentioning abt being blacklisted. Yes..there is such thing but it only occurs during the management intv and if she/her is being blacklist normally it doesnt last that long as what I'm facing right now alto I've not even been blessed with a 2nd chance. Can anyone explain why I receive no email invites back since 2003?

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 5:07 pm

wawa wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
Hi Dear,

Singapore Airlines Ltd
C/O 03-A
SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre
PO Box 501
Singapore 918101

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

Hi Julie,

does the picture send has to be formal? Most of the time mine are all in my informal outfit cause in the requirements they did not mention anything abt the kind or attire they're looking for in the photo as long as the aren't obscene.
Hi Wawa,

From my Air Stewardess friend, it's better to have formal wear - as in office wear that is presentable enough will do. I'm not very sure about SIA but for Emirates, Qatar and Gulf, they need photo with Formal wear with pants and all. Some even need to take blazer. So I reckon formal wear will be better. Anyways, even if it's not needed, it will show how professional you are.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 8:37 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
wawa wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote: Hi Dear,

Singapore Airlines Ltd
C/O 03-A
SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre
PO Box 501
Singapore 918101

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

Hi Julie,

Hi Wawa,

From my Air Stewardess friend, it's better to have formal wear - as in office wear that is presentable enough will do. I'm not very sure about SIA but for Emirates, Qatar and Gulf, they need photo with Formal wear with pants and all. Some even need to take blazer. So I reckon formal wear will be better. Anyways, even if it's not needed, it will show how professional you are.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

Hi Julie,

huhuhuhu... :roll: unfortunately I've sent mine wearing an informal attire.
yep2 I knoe tat most other airlines require those who come for intv or sending their photos has to be very formal. I once went for jetstarasia for the very first time and was so surprise tat even for budget airlines they require you to be tip top in your attire. Just hope for the best in the outcome. Do update each ote ya...if you do get the email invitation.