Singapore Expats

hairdressers/doctors/dentist

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
rachel.molyneux

hairdressers/doctors/dentist

Post by rachel.molyneux » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 9:08 pm

I am moving out to sg at new year and would like to find a good hairdresser, a good doctor and a dentist. We will be living in Binjai Crest, does anyone know of anywhere relatively nearby?
Thanks!!!
Rachel :D

mower

dentist

Post by mower » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:19 am

I personally like Q&M which is just opposite Beauty World Shopping Centre the dentist there are very gentle. The male ones especially. they are called Q&M Dental you can call 100 to find out the number.

They are located at Upper Bukit Timah Road.
Woman of leisure

rachel.molyneux

dentist

Post by rachel.molyneux » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 3:10 am

Hi mower
thanks for the recommendation.
Rachel

antipodean

Post by antipodean » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 4:13 pm

Hi Rachael are you after a recommendation for a caucasian expat hairdresser or a local singaporean?

rachel.molyneux

hairdressers

Post by rachel.molyneux » Sat, 07 Jan 2006 11:58 pm

Hi
thanks for your reply. I am after a caucasian expert, i only just got here and am still inn need of familiar things!
cheers
rachel

antipodean

Hairdresser Required

Post by antipodean » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 6:48 am

Hi Rachel, you are in luck if you are after a caucasian hairdresser as I can offer you my services. I'm an aussie hairdresser with over 20yrs experience having worked in the UK as well as Australia. I have set up my own business here from home which is not far from where you are situated and service mainly the expat community.
I know the difficulty in finding someone to do caucasian hair here in singpore as it seems to be one of the things that most of us expat women moan about ( plus having experienced a few shocking haircuts here myself :shock: ) its what prompted me to start up a salon especially for expat women.
I'm conveniently located at the "Duchess Crest" (you can view this on the property pictures section of Singapore Expats site) in Duchess Avenue behind the rather large Chinese Boys High School on Bukit Timah Road. My hand phone number is 8157 4140 I'm available by apppointment and can accomodate you in cutting and colouring so why dont you give me call ! :)

Broke

Re: hairdressers

Post by Broke » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 5:33 pm

You can try this hair saloon:

JIWON
Wheel lock Place. level 3

But only trust the Female Korean Hair Stylist. She've got customers.

rachel.molyneux wrote:Hi
thanks for your reply. I am after a caucasian expert, i only just got here and am still inn need of familiar things!
cheers
rachel

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Fri, 10 Feb 2006 1:56 pm

You surely want to visit a hairdresser that is very experienced with Caucasion hair. A vietnamese hairdresser that I used to frequent and worked in JC Penny (USA) salon told me she needs to treat/handle Caucasian hair differently from Asian. Different skills are required.

When the world-renown hairdresser Vidal Sasson visited SG (I think about 2 decade ago for promotional tour), he made the same comment too. Caucasion and Asian hair are very different.

Goethe

Post by Goethe » Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:13 am

Hi Rachel,

understand that you are after a Caucasian Expat, but guess there's no harm introducing a really good stylist to you.

My stylist is Singaporean, but I see quite a lot of Caucasians visiting her salon.

She's called Madeline Leong and is the Director at Hair Mechanics@Plaza Singapura, #02-12/13. Tel: 6337 7939/6336 3455. For long hair, she charges $42 for cuts, and short hair, about $36 - $39. She's the only one who can help my friend's extremely frizzy and thick hair. Her layering skills are really tops. Can drop in for a visit if you have the time and don't mind trying out new stylists.