Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
loopypoopsie

Post by loopypoopsie » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 9:32 pm

Hi all ppl

I know Singapore Airlines is recruiting now but i do hv qns to ask. Wat if i have a diploma from a private sch instead of a diploma from a local polytechnic, do ppl like me still stand a chance? :(

Hope to hear from u ppl soon.... :)

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 2:05 am

loopypoopsie wrote:Hi all ppl

I know Singapore Airlines is recruiting now but i do hv qns to ask. Wat if i have a diploma from a private sch instead of a diploma from a local polytechnic, do ppl like me still stand a chance? :(

i used to study in a private school for my diploma too. but eventually, all they want to hear from you is your epxerience with customers and how confident you talk.

should you get into management interview, they may asked you why you chose to go to a private school and things like that.
*smile always

BannEd

email unable to be sent

Post by BannEd » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 1:43 pm

i guess SIA received too many applications through their emails and it jammed the database as the same time exceed the quota that it could receive. i'm waiting...

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Hi All!!!

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 2:09 pm

Dear All,

I'd just sent in my application form thru snail mail, which I think is more reliable. Hope that we will be all shortlisted and will meet up, give each other support.

By the way, I also ticked 'No scar on face' when I have some stupid scar on my face due to pimples. But I tink it's ok as I do have a fren has fade pimple mark and she's still working at SIA HAPPILY! haha.. just send and pray hard!

Reali excited now. Hope will get a reply soon! We will update each other yah!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

wawa
Regular
Regular

Many attempts but still failed to get any email invitation

Post by wawa » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 2:15 pm

cranberriess wrote:hi wawa, try snail mail the next time. i think its more reliable. there are special services at the post office whereby they will hand deliver the mail and 101% ensure that its delivered. e-mail is unsafe. there are thousands of applications and there is no way to ensure that your email can reach them. maybe you can also try to look for the number of their HR dept and call them.

Hey Cranberries,

will sure do heed your advice. This time I try sending thru snail mail. And I'm sending it by today. Anyway, thanks for those who actually announced the recruitment they are having now..if not I wouldn't know. Saw the recruitment. how come this time the closing date is a bit rush. Usually they give us 2 weeks for submission and they did not even mention the dates for the shortlisted people to come for the interview. Only stated, Jan 2006.

loopypoopsie

Post by loopypoopsie » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 3:06 pm

superpinkystar wrote:

i used to study in a private school for my diploma too. but eventually, all they want to hear from you is your epxerience with customers and how confident you talk.

should you get into management interview, they may asked you why you chose to go to a private school and things like that.
Thanks for ur replies, "superpinkystar"! :)
So u already is a FA? :D So under the 'HIGHEST QUALIFICATION', wat should i fill in? :wink:

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 3:11 pm

loopypoopsie wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:

So u already is a FA? :D So under the 'HIGHEST QUALIFICATION', wat should i fill in? :wink:

This is far too easy . . . far too easy. I feel like Chandler in the episode when he isn't allowed to make a fun for a whole day. Surely even he would have broken down when faced with 'loopypoopsie' and 'superpinkystar'.

Stop, I beg you - STOP, in the name of all that is holy!!!! ](*,)
One in the hand is worth two of something

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 3:12 pm

loopypoopsie wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:

Dear loopypoopsie,

I think for the highest qualification you shld state in as your highest level attained. Like "o'Level or "diploma in Business Studies major Tourism'

Hope that help!

Best Reagrds,
Julie Tan

loopypoopsie

Post by loopypoopsie » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 4:06 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
loopypoopsie wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:

Dear loopypoopsie,

I think for the highest qualification you shld state in as your highest level attained. Like "o'Level or "diploma in Business Studies major Tourism'

Hope that help!

Best Reagrds,
Julie Tan
Thanks Julie! :) Cos they say they want a diploma from local poly but i dun hv so tats y i ask if i got a diploma from private sch, wat shld i fill in under tat column. :)

loopypoopsie

Post by loopypoopsie » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 4:08 pm

Quasimodo wrote:
loopypoopsie wrote:
superpinkystar wrote:

This is far too easy . . . far too easy. I feel like Chandler in the episode when he isn't allowed to make a fun for a whole day. Surely even he would have broken down when faced with 'loopypoopsie' and 'superpinkystar'.

Stop, I beg you - STOP, in the name of all that is holy!!!! ](*,)
i think "Quasimodo", YOU hv mistaken rite... i think u din get clear wat's going on before laughing at ppl. Hv some sense pls....

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 4:35 pm

loopypoopsie wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:
loopypoopsie wrote: i think "Quasimodo", YOU hv mistaken rite... i think u din get clear wat's going on before laughing at ppl. Hv some sense pls....
Hi loopypoopsie,

Hmm.. if that's the case you may put down your highest qualification as in your local school then under "Other Qualification(s), instituition(s) and date(s) obtained" you can put your private school diploma. I do not know whether that will work though.. But just a suggestion. Or another way is to just put in your private school name and your highest Diploma attained.

Hope that helps! :wink:

Best Reagrds,
Julie Tan

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 5:50 pm

loopypoopsie wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:
loopypoopsie wrote: i think "Quasimodo", YOU hv mistaken rite... i think u din get clear wat's going on before laughing at ppl. Hv some sense pls....

Laughing? I am really trying my best, my dear - not to display any type of emotion whatsoever . . . I will try to have some sense - sorry, to hv some sense, loopypoopsy . . . :-# Trying, trying, trying :-#

Please, let's desist . . . :-#

Ok, I'll give you a hint. What you should put down as a highest qualification is:
drumroll - wait for it: Your highest qualification. The answer is, kind of, already in the question.
Kind of like:
The sky is blue, what colour should I say it is?

This gem was preceeded by 'you already is a FA' Don't you see? Isn't it obvious? Is . . . Hint:
Conjugation of the verb 'to be':
I am
You are
He/She/It is
We are
. . . make sense?
Am I in the wrong forum? Was it the left door, not the right?

Will some of you here be in charge of serving me food and ensuring a safe flight for me in the future?

OK - :-# Loopypoopsie . . . :-#
One in the hand is worth two of something

Belle07

Re: Hello..

Post by Belle07 » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 7:03 pm

Belle07 wrote:Hi everyone...

I need an opinion from u guys.I intend to send in my application for the FA position. However, im not sure if i should send in a new pic or a pic tat i send and was shortlisted for the 1st interview. Wat do u guys think? Thanks... :D :)
Hi ppl...can i use the same picture from my previous application or should i use a new pic? Please giv me ur opinion. Thanks... :-|

summer81

Re: Hello..

Post by summer81 » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 7:52 pm

Belle07 wrote:
Belle07 wrote:Hi everyone...

I need an opinion from u guys.I intend to send in my application for the FA position. However, im not sure if i should send in a new pic or a pic tat i send and was shortlisted for the 1st interview. Wat do u guys think? Thanks... :D :)
Hi ppl...can i use the same picture from my previous application or should i use a new pic? Please giv me ur opinion. Thanks... :-|
Well, use the one that you think is nicer? =)

summer81

Post by summer81 » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 7:57 pm

Quasimodo wrote:
loopypoopsie wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:

Laughing? I am really trying my best, my dear - not to display any type of emotion whatsoever . . . I will try to have some sense - sorry, to hv some sense, loopypoopsy . . . :-# Trying, trying, trying :-#

Please, let's desist . . . :-#

Ok, I'll give you a hint. What you should put down as a highest qualification is:
drumroll - wait for it: Your highest qualification. The answer is, kind of, already in the question.
Kind of like:
The sky is blue, what colour should I say it is?

This gem was preceeded by 'you already is a FA' Don't you see? Isn't it obvious? Is . . . Hint:
Conjugation of the verb 'to be':
I am
You are
He/She/It is
We are
. . . make sense?
Am I in the wrong forum? Was it the left door, not the right?

Will some of you here be in charge of serving me food and ensuring a safe flight for me in the future?

OK - :-# Loopypoopsie . . . :-#
Well, if you are THAT worried, why dont you start looking for other forums to read that might give you a better sense of security whilst on flight?

Its pretty obvious that this forum is NOT for you.. So bugger off and cut the lady some slack. :roll: