Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:41 am

Cabin Crew Appointments

Local Flight Stewards/Stewardesses

Requirements
We will soon be conducting a recruitment exercise in Singapore. If you meet the following requirements, we will be pleased to receive your application.

Singapore citizens or Malaysian citizens who are Singapore Permanent Residents
Males who are at least 1.65m in height; females who are at least 1.58m
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination, or a Diploma from a local polytechnic
Those who have completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service (Those in the process of completing NS may also apply)
Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service.

Remuneration & Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, upon completion of training, you can also look forward to salary and allowances of about S$3,500 a month, an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

APPLICATION DETAILS
If you fit our requirements and are interested to apply, please download this application form, fill it up and email this along with a covering letter and a recent full-length photograph of yourself by 17 December 2005 to: [email protected].

Alternatively, you may wish to post the application to the following address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew), Singapore Airlines Ltd, C/O 03-A, SIA Training Centre, Airmail Transit Centre PO Box 501, Singapore 918101.

Interviews will be conducted in Singapore in January 2006. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email.

M :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: SIlkair to Singapore Airlines

Post by M » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:47 am

brownspecs wrote:
M wrote:
brownspecs wrote:Will SIA employ someone who still works for Silkair or she has to resign first?
Can request for internal transfer but chances are not that high though?
Dear M
Why is that so? What if she resigns and applys for SIA, will the chances be good?
Dear Brownie,

I believe that will be based on her employment records with silkair and probably being an ex cabin crew, she will be given her opportunity. Definitely, I havent heard much about internal transfer from my mates in Silkair.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:49 am

shaky wrote:hiya all,
stop fretting and send ur applications now coz SIA is recruiting local steward / stewardess again! Now is the time to give it ur best shot or regret yet again... more details go to SIA website
According to my mates whom are in training now, SQ needs close to 900 CCs for year 2006, so best of luck to everyone.

Training for A380 will commence next year, so do submit your application and god speed!!

summer28

Current recruitment exercise!

Post by summer28 » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:59 am

Hey M,

Thanks for the info...but it seems that their mailbox is "full" at present...I am encountering the problem of "non-deliverable mail"....probably they have not 'activated' the mailbox to receive applications yet... :o

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Current recruitment exercise!

Post by M » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:15 am

summer28 wrote:Hey M,

Thanks for the info...but it seems that their mailbox is "full" at present...I am encountering the problem of "non-deliverable mail"....probably they have not 'activated' the mailbox to receive applications yet... :o
I reckon is full. Try again on Monday morning yeah?

Trish
Regular
Regular

Post by Trish » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:20 am

hi shaky and m, tks for ur info too!!! last time i sent in by email but was nt shortlisted...wondering sending my application by post isit better than email since their mailbox is always full..or send in by both ways will be better??? sorry for my stupid question....

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:58 am

Trish wrote:hi shaky and m, tks for ur info too!!! last time i sent in by email but was nt shortlisted...wondering sending my application by post isit better than email since their mailbox is always full..or send in by both ways will be better??? sorry for my stupid question....
You can always send in by both methods? No hard and fast rule about that I reckon?

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 1:02 pm

yes, they are recruiting up to 1000 ladies. new classes start nearly every week.
M wrote:
shaky wrote:hiya all,
stop fretting and send ur applications now coz SIA is recruiting local steward / stewardess again! Now is the time to give it ur best shot or regret yet again... more details go to SIA website
According to my mates whom are in training now, SQ needs close to 900 CCs for year 2006, so best of luck to everyone.

Training for A380 will commence next year, so do submit your application and god speed!!

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

SIA Cabin Crew

Post by superpinkystar » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 1:55 pm

keep trying. just send both email and post lah. those who are kiasu. hahaha.

Amber

Post by Amber » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 2:08 pm

Hey where did u all get the info that SIA is recruiting again? cant find it on their website..did i go to the wrong website? all i get is for the indian air stewardess.

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

Post by superpinkystar » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 2:10 pm

go to today's recruit papers.
middle section. if not just post out your application.
*smile always

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 2:51 pm

Amber wrote:Hey where did u all get the info that SIA is recruiting again? cant find it on their website..did i go to the wrong website? all i get is for the indian air stewardess.
Hi Amber,
you go to the website->company information->careers->cabin crew appointments then refresh the page again..
You should be able to see the ad.

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Amber

Post by Amber » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 3:59 pm

Thanks paige i got it! :D

@ngela

qns

Post by @ngela » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 5:02 pm

hi all! i saw the apllication form asking that is there any visible scars on ur face neck n arm? does this applies to pimple scars on the face n body that can be covered by make up? will it consider to be dishonest or bluffing if were to write no but acttually does have some pimples scars?
n does anyone know wat is usually the first round of interview be besides interviewing the interviewee? is there any body checking in the first round? n how body checking be done? is it true that the gals have to wear spatti n shorts? n is it that anyone who does not have a set of straight teeth or some scars will be eliminated immediately?
i know i have asked a lots of qns! but i really hope someone would be kind enough to clear my doubts! thanks for all ur precious time! hope to receive a reply soon! all the best to those applying for this round recruitment! thanks! :)

Belle07

Hello..

Post by Belle07 » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 8:05 pm

Hi everyone...

I need an opinion from u guys.I intend to send in my application for the FA position. However, im not sure if i should send in a new pic or a pic tat i send and was shortlisted for the 1st interview. Wat do u guys think? Thanks... :D :)