Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
brownspecs

SIlkair to Singapore Airlines

Post by brownspecs » Wed, 07 Dec 2005 7:39 pm

Will SIA employ someone who still works for Silkair or she has to resign first?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: SIlkair to Singapore Airlines

Post by M » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 2:04 am

brownspecs wrote:Will SIA employ someone who still works for Silkair or she has to resign first?
Can request for internal transfer but chances are not that high though?

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Post by Scorpion » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 11:40 am

M wrote:....
It'z all different set of management aswell as different set of rules. :(
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

wawa
Regular
Regular

Many attempts but still failed to get any email invitation.

Post by wawa » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 11:50 am

Hi, I'm 23 this year and without fail have been applying for SQ everytime there is an opening for the past 2.5 years. My first attempt was at the age of 21 where I got an email invitation but was kicked out right from the 1st round. Unfortunately that time, out of 10 only one lucky girl got through the 2nd round. Since then I never failed to try and try again. But lately, till this present day I felt an immense dissapointment as since the 1st time I failed, I wasnt given any opporutnity at all to be part of the recruitment. I always make a point to re-draft my cover letter and update my photo whenever I reapplied. It has been going on for almost 3yrs and yet not a single email receive. I am so very curious on why as if I'm ignored. I even feedback to SIA via email on my situation to unavail nobody replied. I almost felt like giving up but supportive friends who got in always encourages me not to. I really wonder why..am I blacklisted for something cause its impossible that all my applications were rejected. I know I fit all their requirements. Is there such thing as blacklisted, if yes is it ture I will never ever given the chance? In the first place why am I blacklisted if I knoe that I've not done something bad during my very first interview.

Can somebody expalin why? I'm very keen and I feel time is running out, might not even get the chance when I hit the cut-off age. Please help.

Ms G

Re: Many attempts but still failed to get any email invitati

Post by Ms G » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 1:33 pm

hi wawa,

i face the same situation. i first applied and went for the interview in april 2004. kicked out after the first round. applied for a few more times after tt and never ever got shortlisted again. i wonder why too.
wawa wrote:Hi, I'm 23 this year and without fail have been applying for SQ everytime there is an opening for the past 2.5 years. My first attempt was at the age of 21 where I got an email invitation but was kicked out right from the 1st round. Unfortunately that time, out of 10 only one lucky girl got through the 2nd round. Since then I never failed to try and try again. But lately, till this present day I felt an immense dissapointment as since the 1st time I failed, I wasnt given any opporutnity at all to be part of the recruitment. I always make a point to re-draft my cover letter and update my photo whenever I reapplied. It has been going on for almost 3yrs and yet not a single email receive. I am so very curious on why as if I'm ignored. I even feedback to SIA via email on my situation to unavail nobody replied. I almost felt like giving up but supportive friends who got in always encourages me not to. I really wonder why..am I blacklisted for something cause its impossible that all my applications were rejected. I know I fit all their requirements. Is there such thing as blacklisted, if yes is it ture I will never ever given the chance? In the first place why am I blacklisted if I knoe that I've not done something bad during my very first interview.

Can somebody expalin why? I'm very keen and I feel time is running out, might not even get the chance when I hit the cut-off age. Please help.

Amber

Post by Amber » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 2:57 pm

Hi im new to this forum and have gathered much information from many who have disussed here. But im just wondering how long will the whole process of total interviews take before you commence your 4 months training in SIA. let say if the next application is in April/June, but im graduating in october. Do you think they will allow u to go for training and schooling at the same time? Thanks just clearing my doubt.

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 7:12 pm

Amber wrote:Hi im new to this forum and have gathered much information from many who have disussed here. But im just wondering how long will the whole process of total interviews take before you commence your 4 months training in SIA. let say if the next application is in April/June, but im graduating in october. Do you think they will allow u to go for training and schooling at the same time? Thanks just clearing my doubt.
Hi Amber,

I don't you will be able to do that as I heard normally the training is base on the whole day basis. I don't think you will be able to split yourself. Not to disappoint you but I don't think so..

Kind Regards,
Julie
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 8:02 pm

selection for stewardess is not base solely on looks, sometimes, they will also depend on working experience, any third language, personality and many other factors. luck is also very important. if an interviewee does not look too pretty, but able to prove herself, she will be in too.

stewardess are human too, as time passed by, they can also put on weight. the make up that they apply are standardised make up and some really look not too good in it, but still have to apply the standard make up. so this may also affect their appearance.

it all comes down to during the interview, if the interviewer is willing to let you pass. some may not be that fantastic, but the interviewer pass her, some may be very pretty, but the interviewer see some flaw, so she cannot get it.
mamom wrote:hi monagy,

Very sorry to hear that...but atleast u still can get into so many rounds.
I just took SQ flight to Bangkok, then i keep observe the stewardess...
i saw 1 very suprising me, coz her teeth is very ugly even the look as well...when she simle got double chin...tis wat i'm curious about...

Isit so hard to get in? Or still need to depend on ur luck.... :?

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 8:07 pm

hi, i dun think its possible. cos training starts from morning 8am to 5pm in the evening. you can tell the interviewers that you will be graduating soon, and they will ususally wait for you to finish your studies, then let you start training.
the interviews will take 3 days. it depends on how fast they need the stewardess and your index number and how they allocate you. it can take from 10 days to 2 months.
Amber wrote:Hi im new to this forum and have gathered much information from many who have disussed here. But im just wondering how long will the whole process of total interviews take before you commence your 4 months training in SIA. let say if the next application is in April/June, but im graduating in october. Do you think they will allow u to go for training and schooling at the same time? Thanks just clearing my doubt.

cranberriess

Re: Many attempts but still failed to get any email invitati

Post by cranberriess » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 8:09 pm

how do you send in your recruitment form?
they handle thousands of recruitment forms, they may just miss out yours. try contacting them, use all ways and means.

wawa wrote:Hi, I'm 23 this year and without fail have been applying for SQ everytime there is an opening for the past 2.5 years. My first attempt was at the age of 21 where I got an email invitation but was kicked out right from the 1st round. Unfortunately that time, out of 10 only one lucky girl got through the 2nd round. Since then I never failed to try and try again. But lately, till this present day I felt an immense dissapointment as since the 1st time I failed, I wasnt given any opporutnity at all to be part of the recruitment. I always make a point to re-draft my cover letter and update my photo whenever I reapplied. It has been going on for almost 3yrs and yet not a single email receive. I am so very curious on why as if I'm ignored. I even feedback to SIA via email on my situation to unavail nobody replied. I almost felt like giving up but supportive friends who got in always encourages me not to. I really wonder why..am I blacklisted for something cause its impossible that all my applications were rejected. I know I fit all their requirements. Is there such thing as blacklisted, if yes is it ture I will never ever given the chance? In the first place why am I blacklisted if I knoe that I've not done something bad during my very first interview.

ironlady
Regular
Regular

Post by ironlady » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 7:55 am

hey girls ,how do SQ girls keep their makeup looking fresh even thru long flights, i know they touch up but what kind of good make up base do they use ?
Life is not like a smooth sailing ship.It has ups n downs

wawa
Regular
Regular

Many attempts but still failed to get any email invitation

Post by wawa » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 3:12 pm

Hey cranberriess....

thanks so much for the prompt reply. But still hopeful that all my curiosity is answered. Basically, I always sent out my application form, cover letter and a full-length photograph via email as stated in the website. And I always make sure all the applications sent were not reuse which means I made an effort to do up a new one to show my keen & interest.
Unfortunately, till now not a single successful application. Its as if I wasnt given any second chance. Is there such thing as their inbox were full and mine didnt get through? If so, shldn't they anticipate such problem. How can they missed mine for all tha past 20 over applications I sent since yr 2002.

So you see, I'm very curious. How do I try contacting them? Wouldn't they give me a cold shoulder since I wasnt selected? Tried sending them a mail, but no replies. Sigh~

brownspecs

Post by brownspecs » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 3:23 pm

M wrote:
brownspecs wrote:Will SIA employ someone who still works for Silkair or she has to resign first?
Dear M
Why is that so? What if she resigns and applys for SIA, will the chances be good?

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 9:39 pm

hi wawa, try snail mail the next time. i think its more reliable. there are special services at the post office whereby they will hand deliver the mail and 101% ensure that its delivered. e-mail is unsafe. there are thousands of applications and there is no way to ensure that your email can reach them. maybe you can also try to look for the number of their HR dept and call them.

shaky

Post by shaky » Sat, 10 Dec 2005 3:04 am

hiya all,
stop fretting and send ur applications now coz SIA is recruiting local steward / stewardess again! Now is the time to give it ur best shot or regret yet again... more details go to SIA website
the grass is greener on the other side.