Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 2:50 pm

Paige wrote:
Beagle_lover wrote:
Paige wrote: Hey Beagle_lover and Monagy3,
dun be disappointed.. @ least u manage to go thru until this stage rite? juz take it as an experience and apply the next time.. u will be more prepared by then...
well.. any idea hw many gt thru?

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Thanks Paige...

I am not particularly sure how many got thru...what i heard was only 3 of out 12...
Hey Beagle_lover...
What kind of qns did they ask u? care to share? can u PM me too?

Thanks..
yes me too pls...
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

arron

please

Post by arron » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 4:21 pm

can any body please sent me a singapore stewardess picture at [email protected]

miakenix

Use it as an advantage.

Post by miakenix » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 6:04 pm

Dear monagy and beagle_lover

Thanks for all the support, really means alot. Use this as an advantage, don't let it pull u down, they're still hiring anyway. U came this far to know that u're capable, so find out what's wrong and work on it. This is my fourth interview and everytime i take a step furthur and back and to change on my habits or character wise. Well anyways, for the rest of them who wants to know how many got in..there are 6 who got to medical check, 2 more in floating pool due to exams and long resignation notice.

We're now waiting for our medical clearance and S Pass..

The procedures are crazy, insane....*Blur*

All the best to those who are trying...wish u all the luck i can give!

^^winks^^

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 9:09 pm

Monagy, Beagle_lover,

Care to share with me the questions they asked ? Next week is my turn...I am getting very nervous. You may wish to pm me. Thanks

*junie*

Post by *junie* » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 10:06 pm

Paige wrote:
Beagle_lover wrote:
Paige wrote: Hey Beagle_lover and Monagy3,
dun be disappointed.. @ least u manage to go thru until this stage rite? juz take it as an experience and apply the next time.. u will be more prepared by then...
well.. any idea hw many gt thru?

Cheers!

Thanks Paige...

I am not particularly sure how many got thru...what i heard was only 3 of out 12...
Hey Beagle_lover...
What kind of qns did they ask u? care to share? can u PM me too?

Thanks..
Hi Beagle_lover,

could you pm me as well?

Thanks,
junie :D

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

SIA Cabin Crew

Post by superpinkystar » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 10:09 pm

i was one of those who didn't make it for the tea session on the 2nd dec. only 3 out of 12 got in. it seems that those who got criticised for their looks got in.my friend got criticised for her nose! the management actually said her nose can scare passengers! another was given 3 months to fix her teeth and come back for another interview.sometimes i wonder should i even bother trying again. so close yet so far. they asked me some difficult questions like how i could improve the service of cabin crew!

there were 4 dates for the management interview. 14th,17th and 30th Nov.2nd dec was the last so called batch. i guess they have made their quota. thus,leading them to keeping only 3 girls. :(

jozo

SiA

Post by jozo » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 10:28 pm

Superpinkystar,

your management interview was in Malaysia ? Who were those management pple ? VP ?

superpinkystar
Regular
Regular

SIA Cabin Crew

Post by superpinkystar » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:09 pm

no, i am singaporean. it was done at STC. but i was interviewd by the VP and some lady manager.

Beagle_lover

Post by Beagle_lover » Tue, 06 Dec 2005 9:12 am

tinkerbelle wrote:
Beagle_lover wrote:Dear all,

I was in the same batch with Monagy3...and i didnt make it as well. The whole process was really tiring...and depressing in a way....

They pinched me with lotsa questions on my working experience...i repeat: A LOT OF QUESTIONS! Perhaps the next time i should just erase off my working experience in order to avoid unpredictable mistakes...*sigh*...sad huh?!
They must be really interested in you to ask so many questions!! Dun be sad..
Thanks lot Tinkerbelle... it aint easy to get into the management interview as in so many procedures to follow...the tot of starting from the scratch again really scares me.

Whatsoever, i'm still grateful that i get to learn from my own experiences and improvise myself. Not just that, i find it very useful to exchange ideas/info in this forum cos everyone shares the same objectives.

Beagle_lover

Re: Use it as an advantage.

Post by Beagle_lover » Tue, 06 Dec 2005 9:14 am

miakenix wrote:Dear monagy and beagle_lover

Thanks for all the support, really means alot. Use this as an advantage, don't let it pull u down, they're still hiring anyway. U came this far to know that u're capable, so find out what's wrong and work on it. This is my fourth interview and everytime i take a step furthur and back and to change on my habits or character wise. Well anyways, for the rest of them who wants to know how many got in..there are 6 who got to medical check, 2 more in floating pool due to exams and long resignation notice.

We're now waiting for our medical clearance and S Pass..

The procedures are crazy, insane....*Blur*

All the best to those who are trying...wish u all the luck i can give!

^^winks^^
Dear Miakenix,

Congratulations! I hereby wish you all the best too and continued success. So proud of you...*muacks*

mamom

Post by mamom » Tue, 06 Dec 2005 2:51 pm

hi monagy,

Very sorry to hear that...but atleast u still can get into so many rounds.
I just took SQ flight to Bangkok, then i keep observe the stewardess...
i saw 1 very suprising me, coz her teeth is very ugly even the look as well...when she simle got double chin...tis wat i'm curious about...

Isit so hard to get in? Or still need to depend on ur luck.... :?

shaky

Post by shaky » Tue, 06 Dec 2005 3:45 pm

mamom wrote:hi monagy,

Very sorry to hear that...but atleast u still can get into so many rounds.
I just took SQ flight to Bangkok, then i keep observe the stewardess...
i saw 1 very suprising me, coz her teeth is very ugly even the look as well...when she simle got double chin...tis wat i'm curious about...

Isit so hard to get in? Or still need to depend on ur luck.... :?

hiya but did u chat up wif the stewardess, perhaps she shines in terms of personality and character? And luck is definitely one factor in any interview isn't it.
the grass is greener on the other side.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: please

Post by M » Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:15 am

arron wrote:can any body please sent me a singapore stewardess picture at [email protected]
Ladies whom have their msn made available, please try not to add saltedjazz into your list? His primary motive is to gather photos of either yourself or air stewardess.

M :cool:

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

WHy

Post by Scorpion » Wed, 07 Dec 2005 6:48 am

M wrote:...
Ladies whom have their msn made available, please try not to add saltedjazz into your list? His primary motive is to gather photos of either yourself or air stewardess.
Opps, may be he needs to travel more on sia flights.. :twisted:
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Wed, 07 Dec 2005 1:49 pm

For the management interview, how far do you sit from the interviewers ?What's the tea session like ?