Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shaky

Post by shaky » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:29 pm

Indian citizen
Age 25 years or below
Minimum height 160cm
University graduate
Proficiency in English and Hindi (Knowledge of regional languages is desirable)
Good health and vision (use of contact lens is acceptable)

Hiya SIA is recruiting Indian air stewardess and these are the requirements as stated on their websites. Perhaps it can act as a guidelines for SIA FA wannabes.

In the meantime still waiting for the next local recruitment and preparing myself so that i will be at my best when it happens!

hmm...Does anyone knows for SIA stewards. Is the progression as such: u start off as a normal FA then if ur performance is gd u can promote to be the in flight superior. And if u are really gd u can eventually promote to be a chief steward or lead steward? Am i correct ? And does anyone knows how much each category will be earning?

I heard there is also a sommalier course or something like that for SIA FA, where by u can officially be considered a wine expert or something like that. Anyone has any ideas on these?
the grass is greener on the other side.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 1:29 am

Vaucluse wrote:I've also see quite a few FA's that were overweight, had acne and didn't fit the 'ideal' that everyone is striving for.

There are stories around that make mountains out of molehills - I remember a flatmate in Sydney during Uni times who was a FA at Qantas - he swore that one of the criteria at SQ was a semi-naked parade . . .

Yaeh, my wish at that tiem was to be an SQ selector . . . :)
But you might only get to select the guys........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plavt.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 1:34 am

shaky wrote:hmm...Does anyone knows for SIA stewards. Is the progression as such: u start off as a normal FA?
Little doubt you start off as a normal FA, perhaps if you have a degree or other high level qualification you could start higher up the 'ladder'. If that is the case then you had best ask the airline direct.

Plavt.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 9:31 am

Plavt wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:I've also see quite a few FA's that were overweight, had acne and didn't fit the 'ideal' that everyone is striving for.

There are stories around that make mountains out of molehills - I remember a flatmate in Sydney during Uni times who was a FA at Qantas - he swore that one of the criteria at SQ was a semi-naked parade . . .

Yaeh, my wish at that tiem was to be an SQ selector . . . :)
But you might only get to select the guys........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plavt.

Ah, there's that, of course. :( We might leave that up to Singabloodypore - he'd get off on that, holding hands with dhaka-boy . . .

'nuff said Image

mamom

Post by mamom » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 6:00 pm

y nobody would like to apply Silkair? their requirement is quite low but they just preffered Sinaporean n PR only...i think Singaporean air stewardess wanna be can try it out.. :lol:

monagy3

Post by monagy3 » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 8:04 pm

hey anyone has any news about the recent management inerview..how did it go? any information at all?? wott did they ask..how many got selected??
|[όμορφος]|

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 9:32 pm

I would like to apply for SilkAir but am wondering when will be their next recruitment...I hope it's really soon...
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

lein

Post by lein » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 9:37 pm

monagy3 wrote:hey anyone has any news about the recent management inerview..how did it go? any information at all?? wott did they ask..how many got selected??
today there were 12 gals...10 got through. well general qns like what was asked in the first one-to-one interview. so no worries

monagy3

Post by monagy3 » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 9:39 pm

thank you so much lein....my batch there are 17 of us..i really hope all of us get thru..im so nervous!!!
|[όμορφος]|

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 9:48 pm

monagy3 wrote:thank you so much lein....my batch there are 17 of us..i really hope all of us get thru..im so nervous!!!
Try not to be that let's you down, concentrate on the questions and the various answers. Very, very easy for me to give this advice sat here typing on the computer I admit but I would imagine for that kind of interview self-confidence would be an important aspect.

Can anyone give me a description of the management interview?

Plavt.

monagy3

Post by monagy3 » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:09 pm

Plavt wrote:
monagy3 wrote:thank you so much lein....my batch there are 17 of us..i really hope all of us get thru..im so nervous!!!
Try not to be that let's you down, concentrate on the questions and the various answers. Very, very easy for me to give this advice sat here typing on the computer I admit but I would imagine for that kind of interview self-confidence would be an important aspect.

Can anyone give me a description of the management interview?

Plavt.
any advice given is very much appreciated :D ..thank u so much...n was there a tea party after that,,y didnt the 2 gurls get in????
|[όμορφος]|

monagy3

Post by monagy3 » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:21 pm

wot do u suggest we wear during the mngmt interview?
|[όμορφος]|

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:27 pm

monagy3 wrote:wot do u suggest we wear during the mngmt interview?
Business like attire, well pressed; part of your training will show you how to wash your uniform so if you can show you know how to look after clothes it may help. Besides a 'manager' should not look scruffy - only need to look around the airport for examples even though many are wearing uniforms.

Best of luck.

Plavt.

monagy3

Post by monagy3 » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:50 pm

Plavt wrote:
monagy3 wrote:wot do u suggest we wear during the mngmt interview?
Business like attire, well pressed; part of your training will show you how to wash your uniform so if you can show you know how to look after clothes it may help. Besides a 'manager' should not look scruffy - only need to look around the airport for examples even though many are wearing uniforms.

Best of luck.

Plavt.

thanx plavt =)
|[όμορφος]|

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:10 pm

Lein,

were your interview held in Singapore or Malaysia ?
What was the tea party like ? Were the 10 of you divided into 2 groups and each group stood in a semi circle and listen to what the interviewer has to say ? any interviewer standing nearby observing you all ?

Monagy,
only 17 of you all attending ? the guy was eliminated ?