Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 1:35 pm

Hee... bangkok no POSB lah, Citibank maybe, but definitely no POSB! Ok, check the lower right hand corner of the back of your NETS card. Does your card have the CIRRUS and MAESTRO logo? If yes, then you are safe. Else, that means you are still holding to the old silver colour POSB ATM so you have to go to any POSB/DBS to change to the new blue one with CIRRUS and MAESTRO logo behind.

When you are overseas, you can go to any ATM there with CIRRUS and MAESTRO sticker pasted on it, to withdraw local currency. There will be a S$5 service charge, and whatever amount you withdrawn will be converted to S$. Unless you are going no-so-common places like Sweden, the currency exchange from bank can never match what you can have if you change from money exchanger. So, unless necessary then you withdraw cash using your ATM card there. Else, you will loss quite abit on exchange rate from bank.

It depends on yourself whether you want to change whatever you need in Singapore then bring a lump sum there, or carry sufficient cash for cab fares etc then withdraw from local ATM (but if i'm not wrong, ATM in bangkok not easy to find hor). Bangkok is generally still quite a safe country. If you worry that much about safety, why are you going there in the first place?! :wink: I mean, i know you want to go bangkok for your nosejob, but if you worry that much about safety, it really makes no sense to go that country. Like if now you want to go china for tour but yet worry about bird flu, then why plan to go in there?

/Jovin
wine87 wrote:hello, i wld like to noe if bangkok got POSB? lol..

i haven't been there.. and i wonder if i'm suppose to carry cash if i go there, sounds dangerous as i'm unfamiliar with the place too. later the taxi anyhow bring me i also dunno.. hahaha..

baby dandellion

Post by baby dandellion » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 9:09 pm

Hi Hi ... i would like to go for double eyelid surgery early jan.. I was thinking go for Dr. fong or Dr. leslie Kuek. Anyone familiar wid them n are they good at it?? :D

Forbidden_fantasy

Difference between I shape & L shape implant

Post by Forbidden_fantasy » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:03 pm

Hi All

Anyone can tell me what is the difference between a I shape and a L shape nose implant? Which is more suitable for asian look... as in more natural.. Also, if there is a before/after pic on I shape implant that will be best...

As for L shape, thanks to Jovin for sharing the success of her nose implant... Really nice.. so tempted to fly to see her dr now...

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Botox In Malaysia!!

Post by wenhwa » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:59 am

Hi! Has anyone went for botox in Malaysia before? can anyone tell me which doctor is good? Any recommending? I heard that Botox in malaysia is both economical and good. is that true? :???:

wine87

Post by wine87 » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 3:29 pm

ok thx, jovin is promoted to travel consultant too, lol..
i'm slightly worried coz i probably be going alone ^^.. juz wanna haf self assurance, heh.

somebody told me b4 L shape can change the nostrils, while I shape only increase height.

babyangel
Regular
Regular

Rhinoplasty

Post by babyangel » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 4:37 pm

Has anyone tried any of the Local Surgeons for Rhinoplasty & is very pleased with the Results?

Thanks.

Eustacia

upp eyelid & nose job

Post by Eustacia » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 8:46 pm

baby dandellion wrote:Hi Hi ... i would like to go for double eyelid surgery early jan.. I was thinking go for Dr. fong or Dr. leslie Kuek. Anyone familiar wid them n are they good at it?? :D

Hi,
I thought of going to either one of them but too expensive $2500-$3500.

In the end , I was introduced by few of my friends to Dr KK Lim. All my friends looked natural & good.

I did my upp eyelid today $1300 which is the cheapest among all PS.

Dr KK Lim is also charging $1300 only for NOSE JOB ,which is also very cheap.
:girl:

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 9:17 pm

Who is KK Lim?!?!

katy

Post by katy » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 9:21 pm

http://gssq.blogspot.com/2005/11/bloggi ... e-her.html

http://blogjunktrunk.com/blog/?cat=68

You gals must look at the before and afters of blogger Dawn Yeo. Its amazing !!!!

I think she did EVERYTHING. but she looks fabulous !!!
I really wonder who did the operations. Her eyes, nose, face is PERFECT !!!

http://www.friendster.com/useropen.php?uid=2327635

aiyo, so pretty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eustacia

Post by Eustacia » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 9:51 pm

wenhwa wrote:Who is KK Lim?!?!
He is a PS clinic @ Sultan plaza #02-01.

Tel:6293 4857/62954219

U can call up the clinic to check his PS prices. All I can said is very cheap & resonable :wink:

mountain

Post by mountain » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:01 am

Who is Dawn Yeong anyway?
Is she an actress or a Paris Hilton wanna be hehe

I can't believe that she looks so different..

it's like she's a different person...

of course she had everything done

even her cheeks are very thin now
compared to before..

I wonder if she looks good in real life
or if she has that "plastic" look

she looks good in pictures but you know how they can look
good in pictures but overdone in real life :?

katy

Post by katy » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:27 am

Dawn Yang is a famous blogger in singapore.

voted best looking blogger. she was signed on by some talent firm, they wana market her overseas for singing or acting or whatever.

Plas

Post by Plas » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 2:09 pm

THe price is reasonable as compared to the others locally.

Are you doing the cut & stitch method? How is the swelling?
Eustacia wrote:
wenhwa wrote:Who is KK Lim?!?!
He is a PS clinic @ Sultan plaza #02-01.

Tel:6293 4857/62954219

U can call up the clinic to check his PS prices. All I can said is very cheap & resonable :wink:

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Difference between I shape & L shape implant

Post by jovinliu » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 3:32 pm

Hi,

I believe there had been a couple of postings on the difference between I shape and L shape, and this had been explained before many times too. There is no "suitable for asian look" implant and shape. First of all, what do you need? only a bridge? or you need bridge plus change shape of tip? It's best to consult a PS.

Use your imagination. If i have a I shape implant, you only have the bridge right? Now imagine the L shape. The | part is for the bridge, the _ part is for the nose tip... easier to understand now? 8)

/Jovin

Forbidden_fantasy wrote:Hi All

Anyone can tell me what is the difference between a I shape and a L shape nose implant? Which is more suitable for asian look... as in more natural.. Also, if there is a before/after pic on I shape implant that will be best...

As for L shape, thanks to Jovin for sharing the success of her nose implant... Really nice.. so tempted to fly to see her dr now...

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 3:37 pm

Hi gals/guys,

I am currently in Taipei, hence will not be posting as frequently as before. If you need info other than those already stated/posted before (like Dr. Jiang and Dr. Hsu's contact number, website etc), please PM me. Please do not PM me questions already discussed/mentioned many times before. I hate to repeat again and again :roll:

Good luck to those potential-rhinoplasty-patients-to-be! :wink:

/Jovin