Singapore Expats

Art of Make up

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Ella Scott

Art of Make up

Post by Ella Scott » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 2:48 pm

Can anybody recommend a place, where I could learn how to use make up, which colours match etc...?
Thanks!

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cosmoprof

Post by joop » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 5:24 pm

You can try Cosmoprof, they have an outlet at Selegie Road (Paradize Centre), visit their website at http://www.cosmoprof-asia.com/CA/index.asp
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

carinohaven

Post by carinohaven » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:51 pm

you can try school of makeup at orchard road. It is really good. I have friends whom learn from there.

chery08

Post by chery08 » Mon, 28 Nov 2005 9:24 pm

anyone knows where to get makeover sessions?? me tinking of learn how to makeup from those sessions rather than a school

bimboville

Post by bimboville » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 9:41 pm

you can try Za beauty school. can get the brochures from Za counters and stuff..

Ella Scott

Post by Ella Scott » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:43 pm

Thanks for your replies!

However, I am not looking for a "real" school, where I could become a beautician etc, but only for a place, where I could learn how to apply make up to myself...
Any suggestions?
Thanks again!

switlizzie

Post by switlizzie » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:41 am

you can go to inouvi.com.sg

they teach the basic of make up.

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Post by babykasim » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 9:23 am

Ella Scott wrote:Thanks for your replies!

However, I am not looking for a "real" school, where I could become a beautician etc, but only for a place, where I could learn how to apply make up to myself...
Any suggestions?
Thanks again!
I know counters like Bobbi Brown n MAC provides this service.
You simply sit n they show you the colors that suits you and how to apply it as well - think you have to pay for this, but it can be used to redeem their products as well..
Why don't you check with them.

hth
cheers,

twinklestar

Post by twinklestar » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:18 am

Hey I'd also like to recommend Make Up For Ever. They do conduct day/evening make up classes for people like us. ANd they provide good and free service at their boutique/counter too.

They've one official academy at Stamford Road (near City Hall) in Stamford House and one makeup counter at Scotts Level 1...

Great product range that's very comfortable for the skin too. I've bought my products from there so this is 1st-hand information! I also attended their day/evening makeup class so feel free to ask me anything abt it!

patson

Post by patson » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 8:02 pm

well..you may even try some home remedies for beauty like honey. I found an interesting article http://www.globalthreads.com/forum/ShowPost-23836.aspx on the importance and usefulness of honey in helping a person get a good and glowing skin.
Last edited by patson on Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i like to take amoxicillin

Ella Scott

Post by Ella Scott » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 10:45 am

babykasim wrote: I know counters like Bobbi Brown n MAC provides this service.
You simply sit n they show you the colors that suits you and how to apply it as well - think you have to pay for this, but it can be used to redeem their products as well..
Why don't you check with them.

hth
cheers,
Thanks a lot! Checked with Bobbi Brown. Going there tonight :)

Ella Scott

Post by Ella Scott » Mon, 05 Dec 2005 10:46 am

twinklestar wrote:Hey I'd also like to recommend Make Up For Ever. They do conduct day/evening make up classes for people like us. ANd they provide good and free service at their boutique/counter too.

They've one official academy at Stamford Road (near City Hall) in Stamford House and one makeup counter at Scotts Level 1...

Great product range that's very comfortable for the skin too. I've bought my products from there so this is 1st-hand information! I also attended their day/evening makeup class so feel free to ask me anything abt it!
Thanks! Will try them too! :-)