Singapore Expats

'Grooming' in public

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
jag78
Regular
Regular

'Grooming' in public

Post by jag78 » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:37 am

I was on the bus yesterday when the 50ish guy sitting in front of me plucked two coins from his ear and started 'tweezing' the growth on his chin. Needless to say, I was a little grossed out, and yet couldn't help staring in morbid facination. Anyone else encounter other such public displays of 'grooming'? :wink:

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Re: 'Grooming' in public

Post by micknlea » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:50 am

jag78 wrote:I was on the bus yesterday when the 50ish guy sitting in front of me plucked two coins from his ear
What he did magic tricks too??? :lol:

I see a girl who regularly plucks her eyebrows on the bus...can't work out how she does it without injuring herself.

ZIPPY

Post by ZIPPY » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:44 pm

does the fact that most times I get into the lift someone has squeezed their spots in the mirror!! Yuk

jag78
Regular
Regular

Post by jag78 » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:57 pm

micknlea wrote:What he did magic tricks too??? :lol:
Lol no, apparently he keeps the coins there...after he was done with his tweezing, he stuffed them back in his ear. Ugh...
ZIPPY wrote:does the fact that most times I get into the lift someone has squeezed their spots in the mirror!! Yuk
:mrgreen: That's just uber gross!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 1:29 pm

Taxi drivers do the coin trick all the time tweezing the hairs from their chins. I'd love to Tweeze their prize hairs growing a foot out of their cultivated mole.

It's for this reason that I always tell them to keep the change - lord knows where those coins have been. Yeeeeuuuuuccccckkkk! :-&
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 5:20 pm

I have seen this many times, as SMS says, mostly taxi drivers. I've only seen the coin in the ear trick of few times though. Through me a bit at first, but there a re strange behaviors all over.

I had a Great Aunt who kept her tissue, somewhat used, tucked in her cuff of her omnipreeant cardigan sweater. Ick. My point is, both sure beat peeing in lifts or hawking up and gargling a giant loogey for 5 minutes, then casting it out on the sidewalk a foot from my next step. I always wanted to scoop it up and say, 'here, you dropped something'.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 6:19 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:I always wanted to scoop it up and say, 'here, you dropped something'.
I gis ya a buck if'n you do! :mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 9:29 pm

May be for $10.... :D

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 2:37 pm

I have finally seen the connection. Whenever you go into a department store here (or Bangkok, KL, Jakarta . . .) the ladies at the cosmetics and perfume counters are always plying thrm selves with more and more gunk, their eyes never averted from a mirror - - - - - are these the same women that post on the DIM side? I shall look for double eyelidded saleswomen from now on . . .

'nuff said Image

JayV

Post by JayV » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:08 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:I have seen this many times, as SMS says, mostly taxi drivers. I've only seen the coin in the ear trick of few times though. Through me a bit at first, but there a re strange behaviors all over.

I had a Great Aunt who kept her tissue, somewhat used, tucked in her cuff of her omnipreeant cardigan sweater. Ick. My point is, both sure beat peeing in lifts or hawking up and gargling a giant loogey for 5 minutes, then casting it out on the sidewalk a foot from my next step. I always wanted to scoop it up and say, 'here, you dropped something'.
There you go. It happens in Bedford Falls (in UK ?) too. True globalization.

emiko08
Chatter
Chatter

Post by emiko08 » Sat, 17 Dec 2005 8:23 pm

jag78 wrote:I was on the bus yesterday when the 50ish guy sitting in front of me plucked two coins from his ear and started 'tweezing' the growth on his chin. Needless to say, I was a little grossed out, and yet couldn't help staring in morbid facination. Anyone else encounter other such public displays of 'grooming'? :wink:
i can't imagine the amount of dirt accumulated in his skin. :P

he'd better wash his face clean!