Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
stylus

Post by stylus » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 6:11 am

Last edited by stylus on Sat, 26 Nov 2005 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

miakenix

Re: tea party

Post by miakenix » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:43 am

Beagle_lover wrote:
miakenix wrote:
lein wrote:hi does anyone knows if the tea party is a mix of male and female applicants? anyone with their management interview and tea party on the 30th nov?
I am not sure whther there's a tea party on the 30nov but mine falls on the 2nd dec
Hi Miakenix,

Mine is on the 2nd Dec too...have you received any confirmation letter yet?
Hey beagle_lover, i haven't gotten it yet, as well as the rest, monagy haven't gotter it also. U were there for the interview on the 20th? What time was yours?

Beagle_lover

Post by Beagle_lover » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 2:18 pm

miakenix wrote:
Beagle_lover wrote:
miakenix wrote: I am not sure whther there's a tea party on the 30nov but mine falls on the 2nd dec
Hi Miakenix,

Hey beagle_lover, i haven't gotten it yet, as well as the rest, monagy haven't gotter it also. U were there for the interview on the 20th? What time was yours?
Miakenix,

Yea, mine was at 1010hrs...but i guess we have all met each other the following day cos there were no eliminations that day. All 18 of us including a guy.

scarlette

Post by scarlette » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 2:40 pm

wow stylus. thanks for your long reply because i didnt really think anybody would have bothered about what i have asked. yea i think i will just try my luck because i never know what may happen....and i would sacrifice the screaming passengers for this special experience, because i really love flying. all jobs have their pros and cons. i hate office jobs(no offence), where i have to be stuck in a room the whole day. even in office jobs, i have to settle with the demanding boss and even my collegues who gossip. thank you and ur the best!!! :)

miakenix

Post by miakenix » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 3:38 pm

scarlette wrote:wow stylus. thanks for your long reply because i didnt really think anybody would have bothered about what i have asked. yea i think i will just try my luck because i never know what may happen....and i would sacrifice the screaming passengers for this special experience, because i really love flying. all jobs have their pros and cons. i hate office jobs(no offence), where i have to be stuck in a room the whole day. even in office jobs, i have to settle with the demanding boss and even my collegues who gossip. thank you and ur the best!!! :)
hey scarlette, i think there will be a recruitment in jan...or feb. give it a try, but bear in mind u'll be stuck in a cabin not a day but sometimes more and settle with your lead and other seniors. there'll be plentiful more gossips between colleagues on board...tho..=P

miakenix

Post by miakenix » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 3:42 pm

Beagle_lover wrote:
miakenix wrote:
Beagle_lover wrote: Hi Miakenix,

Miakenix,

Yea, mine was at 1010hrs...but i guess we have all met each other the following day cos there were no eliminations that day. All 18 of us including a guy.

oh cool yeap, only one guy..correct.
alrights i'll pm you fr contact.

shaky

Post by shaky » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 9:52 pm

wow... just discovered this forum recently and find that there r some really usefuls tips in here. Anyway, really looking forward to the next recruiting of cabin crew from SIA. Hmm... any inside information as to when that will be?? :wink:
the grass is greener on the other side.

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:25 pm

miakenix wrote:
scarlette wrote:wow stylus. thanks for your long reply because i didnt really think anybody would have bothered about what i have asked. yea i think i will just try my luck because i never know what may happen....and i would sacrifice the screaming passengers for this special experience, because i really love flying. all jobs have their pros and cons. i hate office jobs(no offence), where i have to be stuck in a room the whole day. even in office jobs, i have to settle with the demanding boss and even my collegues who gossip. thank you and ur the best!!! :)
hey scarlette, i think there will be a recruitment in jan...or feb. give it a try, but bear in mind u'll be stuck in a cabin not a day but sometimes more and settle with your lead and other seniors. there'll be plentiful more gossips between colleagues on board...tho..=P
Hi,

next yr jan or feb? That's fast. think they reli need alot of ppl this time round. everyone! look out for strait times!

Julie
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

rach

Hi :)

Post by rach » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 3:49 pm

Hello everyone, I just joined this forum today. Like some of you, I'm also interested to be a flight stewardess. So the next recruitment exercise is on Jan or Feb 2006???
Live everyday to the fullest.

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 4:29 pm

Anyone here are called up for the final interview this Dec ? What's your dates ?

shaky

Post by shaky » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 5:15 pm

Hmm... anyone knows as to what is the average number of years guys usually will work as SIA air stewards, as in the norm? And if there is good prospects working as one? :wink:
the grass is greener on the other side.

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Job

Post by joop » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 5:25 pm

Shaky,

I guess most of them would stop work till they are married and have children, the time and committment towards the family would probably make the job less suitable by then.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 8:17 pm

shaky wrote:Hmm... anyone knows as to what is the average number of years guys usually will work as SIA air stewards, as in the norm? And if there is good prospects working as one? :wink:
Shaky,
According to a stewardess on a flight back in 2002, SIA are trying to cut back on their male staff as they can work until they are 65. Women usually marry and have families in which case the job becomes a burden.
The likely average length of service for women is probably around 5-8 years at best. This suits SIA as like so many employers they don't want to pay pensions - a problem anywhere else in the world.

Plavt.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 9:32 pm

Plavt wrote:
shaky wrote:Hmm... anyone knows as to what is the average number of years guys usually will work as SIA air stewards, as in the norm? And if there is good prospects working as one? :wink:
Shaky,
According to a stewardess on a flight back in 2002, SIA are trying to cut back on their male staff as they can work until they are 65. Women usually marry and have families in which case the job becomes a burden.
The likely average length of service for women is probably around 5-8 years at best. This suits SIA as like so many employers they don't want to pay pensions - a problem anywhere else in the world.

Plavt.

The reverse is true for US airlines like United, Northworst and Delta where the average age for female flight attendants is 108 and inlcudes the obligatory surgical suport stockings, wider aisles for their increased girth and blue rinse for their hair . . .
:???:

'nuff said Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:53 pm

Don't forget the excess cargo needed to stow their nasty attitudes. You and Mr. Bailey would get along just fine, he hates allthe big US carriers intensely...